{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Supporters' Complaints

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby part time pete » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:15 pm

Sue wrote:I tried that, but no joy. I was using Safari but maybe I should have tried other browsers. Any browser you would recommend, Kernow?

I use safari on my IPad and have had no problems at all with watching video.

I do have a very good internet speed connection however.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Kernow » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:19 pm

I use Firefox.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:22 pm

On Laptop with HDMI cable to smarttv
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Sue » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:37 am

Cheers, guys
Sue
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby geoffhill » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:33 pm

I do same as Kernow with no problems.I have bought a pass for tomorrow.Hoping for some improvement.Will take a draw now.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:50 pm

Sue wrote:I tried that, but no joy. I was using Safari but maybe I should have tried other browsers. Any browser you would recommend, Kernow?

I have similar, I have all browsers installed and I usually get one to work but I find one may work for one game and then not for the next. It’s like trial and error until one decides it’s their day. Find it odd but eventually get it going.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:58 pm

Please can the PA sound system be improved. Folk in the upper west stand could hardly hear Alan the announcer at the Coventry PSF game last Tuesday.
part time pete

Postby Spiritater » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:33 am

True it's non league standard. Mentioned to Yorkie's tribe on Tues... 'the PA's still as crap as ever then'.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:12 pm

Just been to pick up my season ticket, they seemed to be testing the PA system so seems like they’re on it.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:45 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Just been to pick up my season ticket, they seemed to be testing the PA system so seems like they’re on it.

I was queue with you .
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:35 am

They always test it in a empty ground with nobody there and no ambient noise, sounds great then. But when full with the cheap fix of having t'speakers at the back of the stand (I think those are the ones that are in operation atm and not those on the pitchside roof that face the supporters) mean the decibel level can't be too high as it'd be too loud for those too close (because the aren't designed to be there).
Consequently the reduced sound level that comes from behind you gets also muffled by the others in there standing and talking or cheering. When Tuesday's goal against Coventry went in Alan might as well have been on the Moon as his announcement sounded like he was.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:36 am

No "On The Ball" either on Tuesday. Hope he hasn't lost the CD.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:28 pm

victor A block wrote:No "On The Ball" either on Tuesday. Hope he hasn't lost the CD.

No need to worry, I've still got it on CD. I wonder if Alan is still playing the original CD I gave him 20 years ago ....

I'll be kicking off if it isn't played on Sat!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:36 pm

PA in the IGU is totally inadequate.

While I don't really care if I can't hear Sweet Caroline, it might be handy to know if the stand was on fire.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby StagInHucknall » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:44 pm

Can’t purchase tickets online with these Quarry Lane memberships. Can’t get through to office as I ring for 10+ Minutes a time and it rings and then someone cuts the line.

Anyone having the same problem? Is this common?
StagInHucknall
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:45 pm

StagInHucknall wrote:Can’t purchase tickets online with these Quarry Lane memberships. Can’t get through to office as I ring for 10+ Minutes a time and it rings and then someone cuts the line.

Anyone having the same problem? Is this common?

Dunno about that amigo but I bought a ticket yesterday online with no issues.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:02 pm

Quarry Lane memberships are not allowed tonight as the QLE stand is not open.

So £15 in west stand for everyone.
part time pete

Postby StagInHucknall » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:12 pm

I ended up speaking with the peeps in the ticket office. The reason you can’t buy tickets online with QL Membership is that they don’t seem to have been programmed it into stagstickets.com system. I said how do I buy tickets without physically going to the ground and she said I can email requesting tickets. So that’s the situation for now.
StagInHucknall
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby StagInHucknall » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:13 pm

part time pete wrote:Quarry Lane memberships are not allowed tonight as the QLE stand is not open.

So £15 in west stand for everyone.

No mate it was for league games :)
StagInHucknall
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sneag » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:40 pm

I lent the club a flag to hang in the QLE last season. It's been lost or given to someone else.

I'm not impressed.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:42 am

Any chance the club can do something about the food/drink kiosks in the QLE?.... Slowest service in the world! Not a chance to get anything at HT unless you go down 10 mins before (therefore missing the game) the queue was literally all the way back into the stand!

Most people (including me & the boy) gave up in the end... Dunno if its the same in the IG stand but it must be costing the club alot in lost revenue surely!.
Last edited by Gazmoose82 on Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby WoodhouseStag » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:32 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:Any chance the club can do something about the food/drink kiosks in the QLE?.... Slowest service in the world! Not a chance to get anything at HT unless you go down 10 before (therefore missing the game) the queue was literally all the way back into the stand!

Most people (including me & the boy) gave up in the end... Dunno if its the same in the IG stand but it must be costing the club alot in lost revenue surely!.

Had exactly the same in IGU, so slow, surely they can pour pints in advance if they need to pour it for you!
WoodhouseStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stoney » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:06 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:Any chance the club can do something about the food/drink kiosks in the QLE?.... Slowest service in the world! Not a chance to get anything at HT unless you go down 10 mins before (therefore missing the game) the queue was literally all the way back into the stand!

It's ridiculous in the QLE now. They've got as many staff as they can get in the kiosks so more staff won't help but surely the club can do something?

A couple of pop up small bottle only bars or something like that would sort it out I'm sure, it would also make the club more money! I and plenty of others just don't bother queueing anymore.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:44 am

Stoney wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:Any chance the club can do something about the food/drink kiosks in the QLE?.... Slowest service in the world! Not a chance to get anything at HT unless you go down 10 mins before (therefore missing the game) the queue was literally all the way back into the stand!

It's ridiculous in the QLE now. They've got as many staff as they can get in the kiosks so more staff won't help but surely the club can do something?

A couple of pop up small bottle only bars or something like that would sort it out I'm sure, it would also make the club more money! I and plenty of others just don't bother queueing anymore.

It really is ridiculous :lol: isnt like this at any other ground ive been to!

Should have one kiosk for alcohol only & one for food at least... Cos it Takes them 3 hours to pour the lager into a glass.

Although theres alot of staff in the kiosks there most of them do not seem to know what they are doing!
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby James » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:15 am

Echo the comments above. The QLE kiosks are awful. Struggle to get anything at half time. Even before the game it isn’t great. Needs to be something done about it.
James
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum