{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:55 am

chambta wrote:What goes around comes around. Your turn to have some fun thanks to those who’ve killed our club.

We’ll be back most probably but it won’t be easy. History shows that. I just hope we’re more Bristol Rovers than Stockport County.

I always find it sad though when the once-proud traditional FL clubs get dispatched into the non-league abyss, yourselves included.

One more year in the non-league hellhole than us, then you can come back pal.
If you do go down be prepared for a massive culture shock and for the footballing world to completely forget about you in a heartbeat.

Getting back is a slog that needs a huge dose of good fortune and intelligent management. So many good clubs have found it an uphill struggle. Most return to the league, many for the better. For your sake and our rivalry it doesn't want to turn in to the story of those other clubs.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:57 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:You’re not down yet mate, however that priceless point for Grimsby yesterday means you need more than 2 wins now.

Bloody heck cassells stop it with the 'there, there' stuff.
We should not be feeling sorry for them. I doubt anyone of the six fingered clan show one iota of pity in 2008. They simply revelled in our hurt and pain.

Enjoy the FA Trophy boys :hysteria:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby chambta » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:06 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
chambta wrote:What goes around comes around. Your turn to have some fun thanks to those who’ve killed our club.

We’ll be back most probably but it won’t be easy. History shows that. I just hope we’re more Bristol Rovers than Stockport County.

I always find it sad though when the once-proud traditional FL clubs get dispatched into the non-league abyss, yourselves included.

If you do go down be prepared for a massive culture shock and for the footballing world to completely forget about you in a heartbeat.

Getting back is a slog that needs a huge dose of good fortune and intelligent management. So many good clubs have found it an uphill struggle. Most return to the league, many for the better. For your sake and our rivalry it doesn't want to turn in to the story of those other clubs.

Cheers fella.

I'm under no illusions about how hard it will be. Only the very foolish would think otherwise which probably includes a fair few at CFC. It's an absolute travesty football-wise that this has been allowed to happen but I'm quite sure fans of every club making this drop have felt exactly the same.

Feeling sorry for ourselves will get us precisely nowhere. We need a complete change of mindset and a whole suite of battle hardened bruisers prepared to lay themselves on the line for the cause. The losing mentality the club has as a whole is now ingrained and must be extinguished quickly.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:14 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

I do.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:31 pm

If all goes to plan when will be Sheeps last game to confirm their demise to the pit of misery of non league
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:36 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

You missed the key ingredient. Money. We bought our way back and still only just sweaked up despite having a huge sqaud and breaking a number of club records.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:41 pm

Jamie wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

You missed the key ingredient. Money. We bought our way back and still only just sweaked up despite having a huge sqaud and breaking a number of club records.
A good point Jamie. I shouldn't be giving them advice ( because they have always felt they were superior to us ) but they should employ Coxie.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:51 pm

I don't think Macclesfield are coming back after spending heaps of money. Same can be said for Barnet, Cheltenham, Grimsby etc.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:08 pm

:lol: you're wondering now what to do now you know this is the end :lol:

]

:lol:Super Stags JACKPOT :lol: The SHEEP beat :lol:

hip hip horay :lol:

Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:40 pm

April 14th 1912 - Sinking of the Titanic
April 14th 2018 - Sinking of the Spireites
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:44 pm

I want them to endure at least one bottom half finish in the conference. And to be down there long enough for a two-league gap to be comfortably set. 4-5 seasons should do it.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:44 pm

SINA STAG wrote:If all goes to plan when will be Sheeps last game to confirm their demise to the pit of misery of non league

Lose away to Exeter then away to Forest Green and they are down

How embarrassing, being relegated after losing to a village!
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tibby » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:46 pm

Scrap that. That’s wrong!

Could still happen though
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby RudyDude » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:14 pm

Love it and 'You're wondering now' by The Specials would make a brilliant song about them.

Couple of points

Living in Bolsover, when we went out of the league, some of the local Spireites said, "you're Non-League, you're nothing, you don't count" etc but we still kept going and there were some big games.
It's understandable if our fans do the same.
Their existing financial and ownership problems will make it very difficult for them - and they don't have these 'Local Derby' matches to boost income.
In fact, most of their matches would be against poorly supported small clubs - further reducing income.

You're wondering now,
What to do, now you know this is the end
You're wondering how,
You will pay, for the way you did behave
BLACK LIVES MATTER so I applaud players 'taking a knee'
RudyDude
First Team
First Team

Postby wink68 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:31 pm

They better get on ebay for a secondhand fax machine for dealing with the conference admin.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Empty FC » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:36 pm

SINA STAG wrote:If all goes to plan when will be Sheeps last game to confirm their demise to the pit of misery of non league

"The Pit of Misery"
DILLY DILLY. .. :lol:
we're gunna need a bigger boat.
Empty FC
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:43 pm

Empty FC wrote:

"The Pit of Misery"
DILLY DILLY. .. :lol:

Either game should have a very large welcome to the Pit of misery in the non league banner hanging over the M1 for their return home to sheepvile
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:56 pm

They'll need a big bonfire in the Summer to burn all the EFL stuff and replace it with Vanaramarama :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:02 pm

Someone needs to get a banner made to put on a bridge over the A617 the day they're confirmed NL

'WELCOME TO CHESTERFIELD, PROUD MEMBERS OF THE VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE.

Photograph it for posterity :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:24 pm

Keep yer powder dry lads, the war isn't over yet.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:49 pm

Sneag wrote:Keep yer powder dry lads, the war isn't over yet.

Good advice.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Wil0211 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:01 pm

WHEN they go down it will not be easy to come back. I honestly think the national league is stronger now than when we won it. There are some teams that financially are very well backed AFC Fylde, Eastleigh, Tranmere etc. Add to that Salford who will be well backed when they go up. Billericay are another that will go through the lower leagues and already have players on £10k a week. Unless they get new owners who have a fair chunk of money, I can see them being down there for a long time SHAME lol. At least O'Grady on his £6k per week will be one of the highest paid players, that is an expensive sub and was awful when he came on yesterday. Their only saving grace is they have the master tactician in Lester.
Wil0211
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:11 pm

I'm praying they call in the administrators following their last home game and final pay day. If they do, they may not even end up in the conference and will need an AFC Sheepsville. Now that is what I would call Karma.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:22 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Sneag wrote:Keep yer powder dry lads, the war isn't over yet.

Good advice.

No t'int over but the fat lady is doing her scales and warm up routine.
After 41 games in 08 we were three points better off than t'sheep.
Their next game is Tuesday night away at Exeter, tough to say the least.

If Jester Lester saves them now he'll not be just Sir Jack anymore, he'll be King Jack.

Methinks though that winning 4 of the last 5 (as Ian Evatt said in his interview) aint gonna happen.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:37 pm

Even a draw on Tuesday won’t be enough.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum