{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Vice President » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:00 pm

Strange comparison with Wigan. A much more relevant comparison would be with Mansfield or Lincoln: Similarly sized local clubs, with a long tradition in the football league, who found themselves in the Conference. Mansfield & Lincoln eventually managed to get back into the football league ... The big question is .... will Chesterfield? ..... or are they going the way of Stockport, Darlington & York City? (all similar clubs to Chesterfield).

Apparently some Stags fans would like to see Chesterfield return to the football league so that we can have our local derbies again ...... but even scoring a winner against the spirites doesn't give me as much pleasure as seeing them floundering week after week in the non-league. We will find new, better local derbies going forward.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:00 pm

I think I shall be a Basford United fan for the day.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Steve North » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:04 pm

Basford United are in the Evostick premier division.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby James » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:05 pm

Vice President wrote:Strange comparison with Wigan. A much more relevant comparison would be with Mansfield or Lincoln: Similarly sized local clubs, with a long tradition in the football league, who found themselves in the Conference. Mansfield & Lincoln eventually managed to get back into the football league ... The big question is .... will Chesterfield? ..... or are they going the way of Stockport, Darlington & York City? (all similar clubs to Chesterfield).

Apparently some Stags fans would like to see Chesterfield return to the football league so that we can have our local derbies again ...... but even scoring a winner against the spirites doesn't give me as much pleasure as seeing them floundering week after week in the non-league. We will find new, better local derbies going forward.

That's the same thing i remember Chesterfield fans saying about 10 years ago.

Let's not kid ourselves, we could not play Chesterfield for 20 years and it would still be our biggest derby. By a long way. Nothing could come close.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:25 pm

James wrote:
Vice President wrote:Strange comparison with Wigan. A much more relevant comparison would be with Mansfield or Lincoln: Similarly sized local clubs, with a long tradition in the football league, who found themselves in the Conference. Mansfield & Lincoln eventually managed to get back into the football league ... The big question is .... will Chesterfield? ..... or are they going the way of Stockport, Darlington & York City? (all similar clubs to Chesterfield).

Let's not kid ourselves, we could not play Chesterfield for 20 years and it would still be our biggest derby. By a long way. Nothing could come close.

Maybe - but I would still rather Chesterfield be consigned to non league football for the next 20 years! :lol:
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:27 pm

Soooo chesterfield do get to play a Nottinghamshire club after all this season.

At home to basford in the fa trophy :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:15 pm

Be bittersweet if Jack was to score the winner against them.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:24 pm

Massive local derby coming up for them :lol: :lol: :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Warsop Stag » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:47 pm

When I was younger, I asked me mam if I could have a tattoo. She wasn’t very happy, but said ‘yes, as long as you have it somewhere that doesn’t matter.’

So I had it in Chesterfield.
Warsop Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MOTG » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:00 pm

CassellsCap wrote:Let them suffer like we did..ground closure threats, falling gates and kids growing up not interested in their team .. then and only then do I want them back. Let’s say 10 seasons..

Would like them to come back up for one season , gloat their heads off of how good they are then get relegated the following season as we achieve a promotion ! I'm not normally of this nature but for the stick we've had to put up with whilst in the conference from some sheep fans then so be it !
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby halifaxstag » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:14 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:Be bittersweet if Jack was to score the winner against them.

https://twitter.com/evostikleague/statu ... 00704?s=21
JT scoring their second after Liam Hearn scored the first
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:44 pm

MOTG wrote:
CassellsCap wrote:Let them suffer like we did..ground closure threats, falling gates and kids growing up not interested in their team .. then and only then do I want them back. Let’s say 10 seasons..

Would like them to come back up for one season , gloat their heads off of how good they are then get relegated the following season as we achieve a promotion ! I'm not normally of this nature but for the stick we've had to put up with whilst in the conference from some sheep fans then so be it !

stuff that, let them rot
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:53 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
MOTG wrote:

stuff that, let them rot

Yes they only just dropped into the pit of misery and when they dropped again and get sucked through the black hole i be happy :lol:

What we got to do is get promotion and stop worrying about these derbies we love so much because they will not be happening with Clownty & Cheaterfield hopefully for a long time.

Our new derbies will be against teams in the division above , please let it happen :D
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:34 am

When we get up to the championship we can have a rivalry with forest and Derby. Let county and Chesterfield have a non league rivalry.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:49 am

James wrote:

Different James but I agree with the statement, I want them to stay relevant but that little bit below us, a bit like we have been to them. If they go down too far or out I can’t seeing it be as much fun.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:17 am

Don't be daft , I would like them to be a trivia question on Question of Sport . eg ,
' which team suffered 5 consecutive relegations ?' :lol:
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:36 am

:lol: Oh Blimey :lol: Confusing :lol: Martin Lego Man Allen , i'll put you together again :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DjiDuLhHpA
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:43 am

Guy on Bob's Board is thankful we are away at FGR as our fans will go the that rather than cheer on Basford.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby chambta » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:52 pm

stag861 wrote:Guy on Bob's Board is thankful we are away at FGR as our fans will go the that rather than cheer on Basford.

Read it again dimwit.

Bring on the Basford. And the Bromley. And all sorts of other teams I've never seen live and never will.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:12 pm

chambta wrote:
stag861 wrote:Guy on Bob's Board is thankful we are away at FGR as our fans will go the that rather than cheer on Basford.

Read it again dimwit.

Bring on the Basford. And the Bromley. And all sorts of other teams I've never seen live and never will.

Welcome back Chumpy. Taking the pish out of the Twisted Steeples is just not the same without you.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:39 pm

chambta wrote:

Read it again dimwit.

Proper fan.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:46 pm

Memories...
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby mans_field » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:24 pm

losing :lol: :lol: :lol:
mans_field
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yellowstagsfan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:30 pm

Slipping another place as it stands
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:33 pm

oh dear! my oh my! what a shame................
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum