{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:19 am

:D Specials did it so brilliantly last season but lets have a very special Beat do it this season for there treble drop :lol:

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:27 am

Hope they never return, EVER!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:33 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:Hope they never return, EVER!!!

This, I'd sooner laugh my c ock off at them in the National League North or the Evo Stik whilst being spanked by someone like Farsley Celtic on a freezing cold December.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:50 am

Spiritater wrote:

This, I'd sooner laugh my c ock off at them in the National League North or the Evo Stik whilst being spanked by someone like Farsley Celtic on a freezing cold December.

What's the point in having a rival if you never play them? None. What feels better than winning against them? Nothing. So eventually I do want them to come back, or at least play us in the cup, but I do want them to spend years and years down there. It would be nice if they could do a Wrexham.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:05 am

ParisStag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

What's the point in having a rival if you never play them? None. What feels better than winning against them? Nothing. So eventually I do want them to come back, or at least play us in the cup, but I do want them to spend years and years down there. It would be nice if they could do a Wrexham.

I'd like them to become an irrelevance to us.

Looking forwards, playing Forest, Derby, Sheff U & Wendy in league matches while less intense would be far more satisfying than playing them bluenosed scumbags.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:11 am

Let us hope that the old adage is true 'Cheats never prosper'.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:58 am

Sneag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Looking forwards, playing Forest, Derby, Sheff U & Wendy in league matches while less intense would be far more satisfying than playing them bluenosed scumbags.

While all of us would prefer to compete at Championship level against those teams, nothing will compare to games against them. Like I said, occasional fa cup games would be fine I reckon.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:31 am

ParisStag wrote:
Sneag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

While all of us would prefer to compete at Championship level against those teams, nothing will compare to games against them. Like I said, occasional fa cup games would be fine I reckon.

You are in a minority and rightly so. I don’t want them ever again in the league.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Admiral Sook » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:29 pm

What is the record for games without a win in the Conference, anybody know?
Admiral Sook
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:24 pm

Admiral Sook wrote:What is the record for games without a win in the Conference, anybody know?

Hyde went 26 games without a win in 2013/4 conference season, with ex stag Scott McNiven as manager.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:55 pm

Let them suffer like we did..ground closure threats, falling gates and kids growing up not interested in their team .. then and only then do I want them back. Let’s say 10 seasons..
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby m1cksut » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:42 pm

just been looking on blobs board and saw this;

It's So Sad
essexspireman

First Team Player
PipPipPipPipPipPip
Group:Members
Posted Yesterday, 09:47 PM

No matter what you think of the management, owners, players etc it is so sad to see a town the size of Chesterfield with a football club in the bottom 4 of the national league

we should be and ARE one of the top 60 clubs in the country.

To paraphrase Arnie, We'll be back!

:hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria:
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:27 pm

Sneag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

I remember them saying, when we dropped into non league, they no longer regarded us as rivals. Instead it was Sheffield United and Rotherham.

Hopefully Mansfied will be their rivals. AFC Mansfield that is :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:48 pm

part time pete wrote:
Admiral Sook wrote:What is the record for games without a win in the Conference, anybody know?

Hyde went 26 games without a win in 2013/4 conference season, with ex stag Scott McNiven as manager.

Did they get relegated? If so things are looking good for the sheep maters
:lol: :lol: :lol:
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:03 pm

MansfieldMick wrote:
part time pete wrote:

Did they get relegated? If so things are looking good for the sheep maters
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well put it this way, they now play in the Northern Premier league. As do Basford United and Matlock Town.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Steve North » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:31 pm

m1cksut wrote:just been looking on blobs board and saw this;

It's So Sad
essexspireman

First Team Player
PipPipPipPipPipPip
Group:Members
Posted Yesterday, 09:47 PM

No matter what you think of the management, owners, players etc it is so sad to see a town the size of Chesterfield with a football club in the bottom 4 of the national league

we should be and ARE one of the top 60 clubs in the country.

To paraphrase Arnie, We'll be back!

:hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria:

I clocked that as well last night. A lot of their fans are living in denial. They can’t accept that a draw away at Eastleigh is a good result for them.

There are a couple of posters on there who are classics and deserve a special mention - Lindave, who predicts a 3-1 or 4-0 win for Chesterfield for each game and Search and Destroy who confidently predicts that they are going to ‘smash’ the opposition, and bizarrely is still confident that they can make the play offs. If you want a giggle - read the ‘Play Offs’ thread. Classic stuff.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby Spiritater » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:01 pm

ParisStag wrote:
Sneag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

It's ok Paris we'll be able to send the Youth team to play them in a PSF from time to time
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:40 pm

Spiritater wrote:It's ok Paris we'll be able to send the Youth team to play them in a PSF from time to time

As hilarious as that would be, I like the romance and theatre of football. A very long stint in non-league or even the club folding and reforming as an AFC, with plenty of suffering for their fans and irreversible damage to their fan-base would do nicely, but I'd still like to play them in a proper game after all that. The build up and hype after such a break would make it huge. Those are the games we live for as fans. Of course, after beating them in that game, I'd be happy for them to sink back down again for another 20 years.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby milne6 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:05 am

seen a fact on reddit y.day which was quite funny

Chesterfield FC have not won in the league in 18 matches, but have drawn their last 8. This means they are simultaneously on their worst winless record ever and their best unbeaten run for 12 years.
This is a Signature
milne6
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby ST4GS » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:16 pm

milne6 wrote:seen a fact on reddit y.day which was quite funny

Chesterfield FC have not won in the league in 18 matches, but have drawn their last 8. This means they are simultaneously on their worst winless record ever and their best unbeaten run for 12 years.

I wonder if any team has ever gone 8 league games unbeaten and fallen into a relegation zone from a higher league position (doubtful)
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:33 pm

Alarm bells ringing at cheaterfield :lol:

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport ... -1-9461491
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:38 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:Alarm bells ringing at cheaterfield :lol:

Why not copy and paste the article? I'm sure I'm not alone in not wanting to give their newspapers website any more hits that necessary
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:10 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:Alarm bells ringing at cheaterfield :lol:

Why not copy and paste the article? I'm sure I'm not alone in not wanting to give their newspapers website any more hits that necessary

;) you could have done it now they have had another hit

Chesterfield more likely to follow in footsteps of Darlington than Wigan!

Chesterfield’s inexorable slide continued with yet another 1-1 draw on Saturday, this time away at Eastleigh. It was a good result on the day, but one where our lack of firepower left us in the bottom four of the National League. Compare and contrast our fortunes with those of Wigan Athletic, if you will, a team from a similar-sized town to Chesterfield, yet one which has to compete for support with Rugby League.

Compare and contrast our fortunes with those of Wigan Athletic, if you will, a team from a similar-sized town to Chesterfield, yet one which has to compete for support with Rugby League. Wigan did not even get into the Football League until the 1980s and, after that, rattled around in the lower tier until local businessman Dave Whelan came along in 1995. He bought the club, built a new stadium, and won three promotions in 10 years to take them into the Premier League and an FA Cup final victory. Whelan has just sold the Latics to a Hong Kong-based firm, International Entertainment Corporation, for £22m. Wigan currently sit 17th in the Championship, just above Rotherham and Sheffield Wednesday. Their manager is a bloke called Paul Cook and their main midfielder, is one Sam Morsy. In an almost mirror image of Wigan is Chesterfield, also owned by a local businessman called Dave, who appears to send packing potential suitors, from China, Sweden and closer to home.

Roberto Martinez, who managed Wigan to their greatest ever triumph at Wembley, was recently quoted as saying “Dave Whelan is the reason that Wigan achieved what they achieved. He had an incredible vision, he was a winner and everything he did was done properly — and that was contagious.”

I think our great leader avowed that his vision was to get the club into the Championship and flog it. Perhaps he could take a tip from Dave Whelan on how this can now be achieved; although to be fair we do have a contagious culture at the club, but one which involves a rather more downward trajectory than we’d hoped for. At the time of writing, time must be running out for manager Martin Allen, upbeat in press conferences and very proud of our unbeaten run, which is also a non-winning league run of 18 games. Allen was actually previously sacked at Saturday’s opponents, Eastleigh, after not winning for seven matches and guiding them to 15th place in the National League a spot which would now be regarded as success by most Spireites.

I recently had the misfortune to drive past The Darlington Arena, which used to be home to the local football team who now don’t play there anymore but ground share with Bishop Aukland.

Darlo, once Football League regulars, now sit 16th in the National League North, two places below Alfreton. Frankly we have more chance of ending up like them than Wigan.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:34 pm

Chesterfield have been drawn at home against Basford United in the FA Trophy...
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:43 pm

James wrote:Chesterfield have been drawn at home against Basford United in the FA Trophy...

Amazing, what a comedown. Basford beat Curzon Ashton in the last round, and they are in Conference North, level with Alfreton.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum