{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:11 am

Rob wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Birchy1 wrote:Over 7000 at Chesterfield tonight with 120 or so away fans. Most teams in league 1 and 2 won't get that. When will the Stags next get 7000+??

Next home league game I would think, Sept 10th. Be very surprised if we don't

We won't Martin, we are just as bad as they are, counting fans who don't attend is clearly wrong. We rightly gave the Direites stick for doing it, now you think its acceptable, it isn't. The attendance is the number of fans who go to the game, its not a difficult definition to grasp.

Chesterfield include all season ticket holders in their stated attendance, and so do Mansfield. You don't like it. Nor do I. But it's the way it is. I don't know why. The best I can do is add an explanation on what the "attendance" means when I quote it, which is what I do in my reports.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby tiptop » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:29 am

Like I've said before and it's a good idea,bolsover,shirebrook,glapwell,pilsley football teams get adults a fiver kids free or a token pay a pound to watch Chesterfield...

However I know a few parents are laughing as ex season ticket holders,they take this option up only paying a fiver to watch them...

I'd like to see mtfc do a scheme like this,come on glapwell and shirebrook only 10mins away,from mtfc and yet chesterfield get in there first..give 500 tickets away for a fiver put them in quarry lane far side...
tiptop
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bear 73 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:33 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Rob wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Birchy1 wrote:Over 7000 at Chesterfield tonight with 120 or so away fans. Most teams in league 1 and 2 won't get that. When will the Stags next get 7000+??

We won't Martin, we are just as bad as they are, counting fans who don't attend is clearly wrong. We rightly gave the Direites stick for doing it, now you think its acceptable, it isn't. The attendance is the number of fans who go to the game, its not a difficult definition to grasp.

Chesterfield include all season ticket holders in their stated attendance, and so do Mansfield. You don't like it. Nor do I. But it's the way it is. I don't know why. The best I can do is add an explanation on what the "attendance" means when I quote it, which is what I do in my reports.

I dont get it 4-500 seats have been sold, no one can buy them because the seat is taken,
So the club can only sell what seats are available.
Surely the attendance is by how many seats are sold,
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:39 am

I miss gazmoose
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:59 am

Another season and my dislike for them shows no sign of dissipating. Anyone know the correct medical term for this?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:09 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:I miss gazmoose
I don't or search and destroy :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:11 am

tiptop wrote:Like I've said before and it's a good idea,bolsover,shirebrook,glapwell,pilsley football teams get adults a fiver kids free or a token pay a pound to watch Chesterfield...

However I know a few parents are laughing as ex season ticket holders,they take this option up only paying a fiver to watch them...

I'd like to see mtfc do a scheme like this,come on glapwell and shirebrook only 10mins away,from mtfc and yet chesterfield get in there first..give 500 tickets away for a fiver put them in quarry lane far side...

It's not needed, especially this season where some children's season tickets are only £30. Your second paragraph shows why it is a poor idea.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:15 am

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport ... 2dCzFcn79Y

Dirty Spireite raspberry. Still stuck in the 70’s that lot.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby NEStag » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:16 am

bear 73 wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Rob wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

I dont get it 4-500 seats have been sold, no one can buy them because the seat is taken,

Bear - surely the attendance is how many people 'attended'? If you buy a ticket and don't show then you haven't attended. What you ae talking about is seats sold. Lots of clubs do it like this - I suspect it's easier for them and there may be some vanity involved as well. If they are going to do that then they should refer to tickets sold, which is less misleading.

What others have referred to is that it skews the history - which will show that the stadium was nearly full for the Stockport game, when it wasn't.
NEStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:18 am

bear 73 wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Rob wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Personally. Attendance is how many people attend.

Number of seats sold is the number of seast sold.

We may as well say "with an away attendance of 1910.todays attendance is 9245" because that's how many seats are in the stadium (I guessed 9000-odd. Sketchy signal where I am and Google search refused to load :))

In my opinion we should phrase it either: "today's attendance is xxxx" and then announce how many people came through the turnstile or "total number of tickets sold is xxxx" and say how many seats were sold for this game.

Or they start including ifollow subs as well. Wait for that coming in. :lol:
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:21 am

You could put the actual people in the stadium in brackets. Attendance is 7,123 (5,862) or summat like that.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:26 am

Dan wrote:You could put the actual people in the stadium in brackets. Attendance is 7,123 (5,862) or summat like that.

The EFL need to change the rules to reflect the numbers in the ground only, those used for Health & Safety purposes. This figure means something to the football fan the other ‘massaged’ figure is for accounting purposes only.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:36 am

I am Spartacus wrote:Another season and my dislike for them shows no sign of dissipating. Anyone know the correct medical term for this?

Decency
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:59 pm

tiptop wrote:Like I've said before and it's a good idea,bolsover,shirebrook,glapwell,pilsley football teams get adults a fiver kids free or a token pay a pound to watch Chesterfield...

Shirebrook is Stags territory, always will be. Free tickets not really needed, there is tonnes of Shirebrook Stags going week in week out.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:49 pm

Again looking at their fixtures it reminds me how lucky we are not to be slumming it down in the bananarama.

a bank holiday of barnet and altrincham :lol: :shock:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Birchy1 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:29 pm

Dan wrote:You could put the actual people in the stadium in brackets. Attendance is 7,123 (5,862) or summat like that.

Based on the empty seats 7000+ is probably right.
Birchy1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Birchy1 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:33 pm

Dan wrote:https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/female-chesterfield-fc-fans-subjected-to-disgraceful-sexist-incidents-by-fellow-spireites-leaving-club-disheartened-3821026?fbclid=IwAR0TSXtSHFNG87W8RBgIRkORdTQvDINk3SIkA0cL44iS1P_t42dCzFcn79Y

I'm fed up of hearing about the Stags beating West Ham!
Birchy1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Big yella » Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:38 pm

Birchy1 wrote:
Dan wrote:https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/female-chesterfield-fc-fans-subjected-to-disgraceful-sexist-incidents-by-fellow-spireites-leaving-club-disheartened-3821026?fbclid=IwAR0TSXtSHFNG87W8RBgIRkORdTQvDINk3SIkA0cL44iS1P_t42dCzFcn79Y

Funny that, I never get sick of seeing/hearing about the highlight of David Elleray’s career.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:40 pm

Birchy1 wrote:

Well you did score against Chelsea.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:49 pm

Stoney wrote:

Shirebrook is Stags territory, always will be. Free tickets not really needed, there is tonnes of Shirebrook Stags going week in week out.

Shirebrook has always been stags. Always remember the hundreds at west gate waiting for buses and every double decker was packed solid for hours...good to see we now outnumber the cheats in boza too.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:55 pm

I've always been a Boza lad and still live here.

We definitely don't outnumber the cheats here. It's full of Spireites.

There's definitely more Stags fans here now though. I'd say it's like 80-20 at best guess. Plenty of kids walking about in Stags gear in Boza which is nice to see.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:13 pm

I'm now in Boza and there's two other households on my street that are Stags fans, I found out in the run up to the play off final.
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby Spiritater » Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:09 am

Wealdstone top of the NL shows how weak the division is before Wrexham go on to win it.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:24 pm

Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:50 pm

Idiots on blobs bored think they will get at least one million pounds for him and they don’t think that’s a lot for a player returning from serious injury.

He’s done nothing at league level and I don’t think he is capable of being better than average league 2.

They thought they were going to get a fortune for him before his injury but didn’t even get a bid. Why should that change?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum