{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby adamstag » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:38 am

Sneag wrote:
adamstag wrote:Probably a lightening rod here but I wonder if there are those who want them to go under (and not aimed at any one post)and if so are they genuinely football fans?

Celtic without rangers, Rochdale fans hate not having bury round, Hartlepool with Darlington.

Struggle sure, let them have plenty of time there struggling and in misery yes - for ages hopefully - out of business - nah.

There might have been some of their fans who wished that on us - and they nearly got it - but I also remember how worried I was and how bad it would be for both the fans, the community and the town if the club did go under - chesterfield isn’t really any different in that context.

But that’s only my view.

raspberry em

Get bigger & better rivals.

Notts County will be back sooner rather than later. It's a better day out, their fans are just as irritating with delusions of granduer, wih the added bonus that they are soft as clarts & we just take all their boozers over for the day.

I don’t want them up anytime either - though obviously it’s a cracking away trip - all we’d get is “we made it back sooner than you” would be a disaster if they came up again next season personally
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:34 am

I hope they never come back!!! Horrible sheep bilberry club.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:18 pm

adamstag wrote:Probably a lightening rod here but I wonder if there are those who want them to go under (and not aimed at any one post)and if so are they genuinely football fans?

Celtic without rangers, Rochdale fans hate not having bury round, Hartlepool with Darlington.

Struggle sure, let them have plenty of time there struggling and in misery yes - for ages hopefully - out of business - nah.

There might have been some of their fans who wished that on us - and they nearly got it - but I also remember how worried I was and how bad it would be for both the fans, the community and the town if the club did go under - chesterfield isn’t really any different in that context.

But that’s only my view.

I don't think any genuine football fan wants another to lose their club.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby magicstag » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:53 pm

Genuine football fan here.
I hope to god they go bust and never surface again.
They wished all of this on us and not just a small minority of them
It was most of them.
Horrible fans, horrible club.
magicstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sneag » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:54 pm

Rob wrote:

But that’s only my view.

What's a 'genuine' football fan?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby DazMondo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:04 pm

magicstag wrote:Genuine football fan here.
I hope to god they go bust and never surface again.
They wished all of this on us and not just a small minority of them
It was most of them.
Horrible fans, horrible club.

I agree entirely.

I want them to be the largest town in England without a football club.
I want to hear my Grandson say "chesterfield! who are they"
And I will reply
"No one kid, just another no mark club, like Rushden and Diamonds"
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ST4GS » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:08 pm

Rob wrote:

But that’s only my view.

True. I'd quite like to keep Chesterfield at level 6 for a decade or so much like an American abductor keeps its captor in its basement purely for fun. Celtic maybe if pushed for an extermination!!
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:57 pm

:coys: t
Rob wrote:

But that’s only my view.

What a load of sanctimonious, pompous bull.

“Ooo Im so much better than you because I want scummerfield to survive “.

Well this ‘genuine’ football fan would love to see them dead buried and long forgotten. And I feel 100% cleaner both physically and morally for it.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby manssmooth » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:08 pm

Rob wrote:

But that’s only my view.

:roll: :lol: Seriously
Fear Naught
manssmooth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:34 pm

Rob wrote:

But that’s only my view.

Who the hell are you to decide what a genuine fan is or isn’t. How typically arrogant.

Balls to them. I hope they die.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:27 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:

But that’s only my view.

Who the hell are you to decide what a genuine fan is or isn’t. How typically arrogant.

Balls to them. I hope they die.

You’re priceless, Whiffy.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:31 pm

He’s right too.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:32 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:You’re priceless, Whiffy.

Read the thread

I’m far from on my own yet you decide to single me out.

Do one.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:40 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

Read the thread

Do one.

You hope they die? You’re capable of better narrative, Whiffy.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:09 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Read the thread

Do one.

I hope the club dies you clown.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:23 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Read the thread

Do one.

I hope the club dies you clown.

Clown?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:13 pm

Yes. Clown.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:42 pm

manssmooth wrote:
Rob wrote:

But that’s only my view.

:roll: :lol: Seriously

Just another example of Rob taking the unpopular side of the fence....

Just keep your eyes on it guys.... 2 instances already today alone.

Very tedious...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:29 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Yes. Clown.

I rest my case m’lud
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:14 pm

Each to their own, but I can't get my head around the idea of hating someone I have never met because they wear a different colour t-shirt than I do.

I have grown up in an area which is primarily Chesterfield fans (although they have gone quiet recently!?) and had to put up with near on 25 years of their bleating and mickey taking. I am loving the current situation and desperately want them to get relegated again.

That said I would be absolutely gutted if they went bust. Many of my best and worst memories from watching the Stags are interlinked with playing them and the emotions that go with it.

Yes they have a few morons who go to far with the abuse, but so do we. My belief is that football just isn't the same without the rivalry and in my eyes the County rivalry comes nowhere near this one.

Hopefully, imo, they go down before finding their way back to the football in a few years time.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby StagsFan83 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:23 pm

I am a genuine football fan and would rather them in league two, lower regions, so we can get our derby day and batter them twice a season. Having said that a trip via conf north would not be out of order. I miss a good derby day, whether it be chesterfield, Notts or Lincoln. The likes of Grimsby just don’t cut it.
StagsFan83
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:38 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:Each to their own, but I can't get my head around the idea of hating someone I have never met because they wear a different colour t-shirt than I do.

I have grown up in an area which is primarily Chesterfield fans (although they have gone quiet recently!?) and had to put up with near on 25 years of their bleating and mickey taking. I am loving the current situation and desperately want them to get relegated again.

That said I would be absolutely gutted if they went bust. Many of my best and worst memories from watching the Stags are interlinked with playing them and the emotions that go with it.

Yes they have a few morons who go to far with the abuse, but so do we. My belief is that football just isn't the same without the rivalry and in my eyes the County rivalry comes nowhere near this one.

Hopefully, imo, they go down before finding their way back to the football in a few years time.

Spot on, KKT
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:36 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

I rest my case m’lud

Just because you misread a post ? You keep proving the point.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:50 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

I rest my case m’lud

Just because you misread a post ? You keep proving the point.

Sorry. I thought you called me a clown. Must have mis-read it, because you never call people names, do you, Bellwhiff?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:15 pm

The way this thread has deteriorated can simply be summed up by the Steelers Wheels lyrics, ‘Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right’.

But I agree with many on here, I would rather see the Church Benders plummet through the pyramid, the Prolapse stadium sold off for use as affordable housing for the locals (sheep pens). They need to spend at least five seasons in non-league prior to their re-emergence to learn a little humility and know their place.

Besides it is Karma for all their cheating and skullduggery when they should have been relegated in the not too distant past.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum