{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby ParisStag » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:05 pm

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport ... qj0wu6EeL0

Carson and Allen threatening to not pay wages if the fan protest goes ahead. Protest organiser will be banned too! :lol:

Why they've let it get to this point without acting, I don't know. We always say how lucky we are to have the Radfords, but we're also lucky to have the fans we do, who boycotted, protested and eventually forced Haslam out. Spireites are letting their club die.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby chambta » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:46 pm

It seems Basford, via their social media, have been encouraging Mansfield fans to attend the FA Trophy game and now the police have got 'intelligence' that some of your lot and plenty of Forest will be turning up at the weekend.

If you are, please just get in the ground and watch the match rather than antagonising those protesting. By all means laugh on here and have your fun but please respect this protest and don't give it the opportunity to be anything other than the completely peaceful one we need it to be.

Plenty of coppers will be about anyway it seems.

Thanks in advance.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ST4GS » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:59 pm

chambta wrote:It seems Basford, via their social media, have been encouraging Mansfield fans to attend the FA Trophy game and now the police have got 'intelligence' that some of your lot and plenty of Forest will be turning up at the weekend.

If you are, please just get in the ground and watch the match rather than antagonising those protesting. By all means laugh on here and have your fun but please respect this protest and don't give it the opportunity to be anything other than the completely peaceful one we need it to be.

Thanks in advance.

Heyup Chambta
What exactly are you lot protesting about?
Allen has been bankrolling you for years and is still to this day keeping the club afloat out of his own pocket. Must be costing him tens of thousands per month? Will any new consortium be able to match this in the short term?
He has granted successive managers competitive budgets compared to your peers.
Is it due to him tightening the purse strings due to the club not generating any more million pound transfer fees?
Or do you want a considerably richer benefactor that can splash the cash with bottomless pockets?
Is this the turkeys voting for Christmas?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:09 pm

It would not be appropriate to antagonise anyone taking part in this protest. It was not that long ago that we were in a similar position. I clearly remember that before we had our protest march we had a meeting at the civic centre. One of the speakers was a gentleman from the other side of the motorway who gave advise on organising protests as he had been involved with protests against C.field directors. As much as we take pleasure in the demise of that club it is not a laughing matter for those involved.

It puts it into perspective how much our fortunes have changed since those dark days.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:14 pm

chambta wrote:It seems Basford, via their social media, have been encouraging Mansfield fans to attend the FA Trophy game and now the police have got 'intelligence' that some of your lot and plenty of Forest will be turning up at the weekend.

Thanks in advance.

Chesterfield fan begs Mansfield fans to let their protest go by peacefully. :lol:

They're angry, but still need the bills paying.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:12 pm

Chris M wrote:It would not be appropriate to antagonise anyone taking part in this protest. It was not that long ago that we were in a similar position. I clearly remember that before we had our protest march we had a meeting at the civic centre. One of the speakers was a gentleman from the other side of the motorway who gave advise on organising protests as he had been involved with protests against C.field directors. As much as we take pleasure in the demise of that club it is not a laughing matter for those involved.

It puts it into perspective how much our fortunes have changed since those dark days.

I also remember his smug face & all the sly digs aimed at us too
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:44 pm

Amberheart wrote:
Chris M wrote:It would not be appropriate to antagonise anyone taking part in this protest. It was not that long ago that we were in a similar position. I clearly remember that before we had our protest march we had a meeting at the civic centre. One of the speakers was a gentleman from the other side of the motorway who gave advise on organising protests as he had been involved with protests against C.field directors. As much as we take pleasure in the demise of that club it is not a laughing matter for those involved.

I guess he's not a sheep fan anymore then because no one has been doing anything for years as they've plummeted down the leagues.

#YouLetYourClubDie
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:45 pm

Thanks in advance.

I respect your peaceful protest. What I can't understand is why it's taken so long to organise.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby chambta » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:16 pm

Plenty has happened off the radar believe me.

He wants out, we want him out so there’s no huge complex agenda. If we can annoy him enough to take a cut-price deal to get out then so be it. If there’s an unpalatable alternative then it might as well be now rather than later.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:43 pm

Are you actually turning up for this Chumpta ?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:08 pm

chambta wrote:Plenty has happened off the radar believe me.

He wants out, we want him out so there’s no huge complex agenda. If we can annoy him enough to take a cut-price deal to get out then so be it. If there’s an unpalatable alternative then it might as well be now rather than later.

But why choose a low profile game such as a FA Trophy game? I understand most of your games are now low profile, as you're in the Conference :P Seriously though, wouldn't the Grimsby game have been perfect, with the national press and the BBC cameras present?

I really don't know a) what your actual gripe is; b) why now? c) why such a low profile game has been chosen?
Last edited by HU7stag on Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:11 pm

Maybe they expect to upset the players and they may put in an under par performance as a result.

If so its better it happen in the trophy than squander valuable league points.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:13 pm

ParisStag wrote:
Amberheart wrote:

I guess he's not a sheep fan anymore then because no one has been doing anything for years as they've plummeted down the leagues.

#YouLetYourClubDie

I'm all for letting them suffer extra relegations and serve time in non league etc but to go bust? What's the point of having a rival?
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:15 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Maybe they expect to upset the players and they may put in an under par performance as a result.

If so its better it happen in the trophy than squander valuable league points.

Then keep the protest outside ground, maybe outside the main reception?
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:16 pm

The only thing that interests people like Allen and Haslam is money, there were protests against Haslam here for years - and whilst life was made pretty uncomfortable for him many-a-time, and there were small wins, ultimately it was only the waft of money that smoked him out bit by bit. And he's still to be fully smoked too. If he's anything like Haslam then bed yourself in for the long haul. We were fortunate enough to be a football league club when Haslam was going about his business, so we had a bit of a safety net in non-league - you don't.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:25 pm

I have been following your dilemma on Bob Board.

I think "the not a penny more " fans have got it right.

Whilst ever your fans turn up in the numbers they do your owner will be reasonably happy. In fact I was amazed at the number of season tickets you sold for this season.

Our gates tumbled in the Haslam era and it is only now they are building up again. But the crucial thing was it forced the owner to sell.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby stagparty » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:44 pm

20/04/2013 Back where we belong.
stagparty
First Team
First Team

Postby Jamie » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:54 pm

The same kind of problems we had in many ways. Do you starve them out and risk your club dying or turn up and support the team and help keep it alive. The difference for us was Haslam wasn't covering losses like theirs is.

In our case the boycotts did starve the club of cash and so our budget was very tight and we went down. It was only the actual relegation and loss of tv money that finally pushed Haslam. I've always wondered what would have come next if we'd stayed up. Maybe it would have just prolonged things for another year.

Their situation is almost where we'd be if we plummeted now under JR. Let's hope that never happens.

Allens mismanagement right at a time when they were at the peak seems to have started a downward trend on the pitch that has just gone on and on. With that comes blaming and turning on him, despite all he's done for you. Disgraceful in some ways.

I do hope any protests pass off peacefully but don't mind your misery continuing for a bit longer yet.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:23 am

Haslam didn't care how many turned up each game to watch, it was a bonus to him when we did.
His only concern was the value of the ground and its surrounding value.
He never lost a penny from us and made a lot of money out of us.
Maybe you need to do a Wimbledon or what we nearly did through hymas and friends and start an afc.
We got lucky with the ground only to be used for the sporting side not commercial.
I'm not sure cheaterfield can't be sold for commercial reasons and if you give them an excuse to fold they will
And blame the fans for not turning up and protesting.
I look forward to the day when afc Mansfield play afc cheaterfield at forest town.
Couldn't put a smiley face at the end because of haslam and owners like him.

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:55 am

Thanks in advance.

How would you care ? Sounds like you’ve not been since the FACup semifinal
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:51 pm

Mr Bean the new CEO at Cheaterfield

Graham Bean sacked from Leeds United now employed by the sheep warriors.

Sacked due to keeping information to himself......

Experience in putting businesses into administration including a football club.

Players being told their not wanted even though they've just been signed now this new addition....

Carson n Allen are starting to dismantle the club piece be piece not looking good for them....

Right back onto more exciting news Brexit looks dead n buried......
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:10 pm

stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:17 pm

stagmanrob wrote:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1823350954443434&id=219559021489310

ha ha very good. But you've got way too much time on your hands!
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:55 am

The bent spire is excellent.

The only flaw is that everyone likes Mr Bean and things usually turn out well in the end.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:07 am

HU7stag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
Amberheart wrote:

#YouLetYourClubDie

I'm all for letting them suffer extra relegations and serve time in non league etc but to go bust? What's the point of having a rival?

There's a few on here that want County Spireites, etc etc to go bust. I've never understood that . Last season, looking at the fixture list pre season was fantastic. Lincoln, Cov, Grimsby County Spireites etc. It didn't get any better , why would folk sooner have fixtures like today at the expense of local rivals?
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum