{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:56 pm

88BenM wrote:
Beano wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

County's turn next Saturday.





Multi £M manager right their.


:hysteria:


Only 5 subs at an 'elite level'. Pretty sure some of the teams in that division are part timers, 1 team even packed up playing all together. How is that elite?

Million pound managers would name a goalkeeper as a substitute.


There are more than 5 subs allowed at elite level! That's why Chesterfield are only allowed 5 subs
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
User avatar
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3938
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:48 pm
Location: New Brighton

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:42 pm

300 pages and counting on the Spireites demise
Keep it up guys !
User avatar
yellowstagsfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:01 pm
Location: Just over border (Derbyshire)

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:03 pm

Gutted been blocked on Blobs Board mardy bums
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11255
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby victor A block » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:29 pm

Furlough FC want to campaign for 4 up 4 down between the football league and the pub league. Don't recall them asking for that prior to 2017. Hilarious.
victor A block
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1846
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:25 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:14 pm

victor A block wrote:Furlough FC want to campaign for 4 up 4 down between the football league and the pub league. Don't recall them asking for that prior to 2017. Hilarious.

Well they still wouldn't have gone up :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7530
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Sneag » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:32 pm

victor A block wrote:Furlough FC want to campaign for 4 up 4 down between the football league and the pub league. Don't recall them asking for that prior to 2017. Hilarious.


I'm sure we had similar winges when we lost in the play offs
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10211
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Tess Tickle » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:31 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Gutted been blocked on Blobs Board mardy bums

Not seen a quote from a Stag on Blobs board ? Who do you post as ? And how have you been blocked? Genuine question
Tess Tickle
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:22 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:06 pm

Chesterfield had six different goal keepers played for their first team this season.

But they couldn't find one for their bench for their most important game of the season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7530
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby yorkstag » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:11 pm

I’ve been blocked and abused all over Twitter mainly over my desire to take some credit as a tax payer.

They really don’t get this . I hope they stay in the pit of doom forever.

I hope they’re accountants have got the sums right
yorkstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:24 pm

yorkstag wrote:I’ve been blocked and abused all over Twitter mainly over my desire to take some credit as a tax payer.

They really don’t get this . I hope they stay in the pit of doom forever.

I hope they’re accountants have got the sums right


ummm never thought about twitter as a means of amusement with them, could you plz share the link so i can start ? :D
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11255
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Vice President » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:57 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Chesterfield had six different goal keepers played for their first team this season.

But they couldn't find one for their bench for their most important game of the season.


I love the fact that such an amateur rookie mistake has consigned them to further non-league obscurity. Hopefully we can laugh at them for that for many years to come. :lol:

Why didn't they have a keeper on the bench for such a critical game? Had he been furloughed? (That would be fitting!)

Am I correct in thinking that Paul Cox didn't have a keeper on the bench in our final run in? I think Lee Beavers, complete with disclocated shoulder was deemed sufficient cover?
Vice President
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:39 pm

Vice President wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Chesterfield had six different goal keepers played for their first team this season.

But they couldn't find one for their bench for their most important game of the season.


I love the fact that such an amateur rookie mistake has consigned them to further non-league obscurity. Hopefully we can laugh at them for that for many years to come. :lol:

Why didn't they have a keeper on the bench for such a critical game? Had he been furloughed? (That would be fitting!)

Am I correct in thinking that Paul Cox didn't have a keeper on the bench in our final run in? I think Lee Beavers, complete with disclocated shoulder was deemed sufficient cover?
They didn't seem to have that option either. Apparently their injured goalkeeper could hardly walk, yet they didn't even put an outfield player in goal. :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7530
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:22 pm

The Spireites should have put centre half Will Evans in goal. He had played in goal before and he was beaten in the air for the corner where Mark Ellis headed across goal for Kyle Wootton to score the equaliser and then lost Ellis for the winning goal.

I think they might have hung on if they had had a reserve keeper on the bench or at least taken it to pens. Never mind. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9505
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby adamstag » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:30 pm

Oh well another season of kings lynn and solihull moors to look forward to
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8700
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:16 pm

:lol: The sheep are drowning there sorrows :lol:

Image
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6919
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:56 pm

Have any of their gobshites popped up yet ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16786
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:12 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Have any of their gobshites popped up yet ?


not noticed, still laughing my face off.
User avatar
Birminghamstag10
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 994
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby ParisStag » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:55 pm

Birminghamstag10 wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Have any of their gobshites popped up yet ?


not noticed, still laughing my face off.


Nope. Internet's down in Mordor.
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5410
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:16 pm

ParisStag wrote:
Birminghamstag10 wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Have any of their gobshites popped up yet ?


not noticed, still laughing my face off.


Nope. Internet's down in Mordor.

:lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4269
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:38 am

bellwhiff wrote:Have any of their gobshites popped up yet ?

Sad and Desperate and Chumpy will not be back until August at the earliest. They'll be then cockahoop that they've beaten Wealdstone 1-0 to start their 4th season in the pit.
Apparently they're loooking to secure another loan off t'Council on the back of the fact they have a manager that's worth many millions of pounds. Guaranteed the council they'll get their money back with a healthy profit in May 2022 when Man City come calling to replace Pep.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 22799
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:09 am

Spiritater wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Have any of their gobshites popped up yet ?

Sad and Desperate and Chumpy will not be back until August at the earliest. They'll be then cockahoop that they've beaten Wealdstone 1-0 to start their 4th season in the pit.
Apparently they're loooking to secure another loan off t'Council on the back of the fact they have a manager that's worth many millions of pounds. Guaranteed the council they'll get their money back with a healthy profit in May 2022 when Man City come calling to replace Pep.
Which council ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7530
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby yorkstag » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:29 pm

The Chesterfield MP Toby Perkins was massive supporter of CFC pre playoffs.
I've asked him 5 times on twitter what are his views on the clubs actions on furlough with no response.
Is it just me that thinks this is an absolute scandal?
By the way Toby is now a tennis fan
yorkstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:07 pm

yorkstag wrote:The Chesterfield MP Toby Perkins was massive supporter of CFC pre playoffs.
I've asked him 5 times on twitter what are his views on the clubs actions on furlough with no response.
Is it just me that thinks this is an absolute scandal?
By the way Toby is now a tennis fan
No.

I can understand furlough of non playing staff. But to furlough members of the first team squad, and then sign other players to replace them, is scandalous, and not what in my opinion, the scheme was intended for.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7530
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Dan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:08 pm

Karma worked its magic in the end. Cheats never prosper thankfully.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9140
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby stagtastic1 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:30 am

Let's not forget that the only team that did better than us after JR came in was Sutton & they're no longer in the league. Its ours for the taking.

Was it Sutton that benefitted from the imbalance of financial support to keep the league going?

I think next season we will see the ‘bigger’ ‘well backed’ clubs dominate the league…Stockport, Notts County, Wrexham, us, Yeovil will be up there….3 seasons time, the National League will almost resemble League 2 & be even harder to get out of, unless there is a reform with the EFL

This is from Blobs board, tad ironic about imbalance of financial support given their antics.
stagtastic1
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:19 pm
Location: Mansfield Woodhouse

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BH_Stag, bob ledgers barber, Cleveland_Stag, G B, Parkinsons Perm, richardstag, yorkshire stag and 32 guests