{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:42 am

scotsstag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
NEStag wrote:I was at Barnet today (couldn’t make it to the Mill). In fairness they were decent and beat Barnet easily. Singing about us as usual.

Hanging on to Tshmanga will be key to their season. Although I don’t think he would pull up any trees at league level, he suits the conference perfectly. He’s big and strong and has enough about him to beat slow defenders and push them around.

If they keep him they will probably go up via the playoffs, if not they can look forward to another season in the pit of misery.

Says on today's red button football text that a premier and several championship teams are interested in him :shock:

I saw the same thing yesterday hence why it made what Belwhiff put earlier look a bit stupid. Wonder if he goes to a prem club if it will say alot about the premier League too.

He's 24, in red hot form and has a £350k buyout clause. It's a no brainer for any championship or premier League club.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:46 am

Conference strikers have been picked up by Championship clubs before - Matt Green, Jamie Vardy, Andre Grey.. But I can't think of one going straight to a Prem team.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Cockney Stag » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:02 am

Les Ferdinand went from non-league to First Division, albeit 30+ years ago :lol:
Cockney Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MOTG » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:09 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
scotsstag wrote:
NEStag wrote:I was at Barnet today (couldn’t make it to the Mill). In fairness they were decent and beat Barnet easily. Singing about us as usual.

Hanging on to Tshmanga will be key to their season. Although I don’t think he would pull up any trees at league level, he suits the conference perfectly. He’s big and strong and has enough about him to beat slow defenders and push them around.

If they keep him they will probably go up via the playoffs, if not they can look forward to another season in the pit of misery.

Says on today's red button football text that a premier and several championship teams are interested in him :shock:

I saw the same thing yesterday hence why it made what Belwhiff put earlier look a bit stupid. Wonder if he goes to a prem club if it will say alot about the premier League too.

He's 24, in red hot form and has a £350k buyout clause. It's a no brainer for any championship or premier League club.

I will be very surprised to see him still at Chesterfield come the end of this transfer window.
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dave Wayne » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:18 pm

Cockney Stag wrote:Les Ferdinand went from non-league to First Division, albeit 30+ years ago :lol:

And Stuart Pearce.

Admittedly not a striker, but still went from non league to top flight. ;)
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:55 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
ParisStag wrote:Doesn't he have a 350k release clause?

That's what I've heard, but wouldn't be surprised if spireites didn't understand how they work.
I think it has been removed. That's probably why he hasn't been snapped up so far.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:50 pm

MOTG wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
scotsstag wrote:

I will be very surprised to see him still at Chesterfield come the end of this transfer window.

Not trying to get cunno drunk but it was rumoured Derby would have liked to sign him as a cheap and quick option should the takeover be completed along with a few other players from the leagues below.

So surely 350K wont be much to many other championship clubs? Would be delighted for the lad to get a move this window :P
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:14 pm

I would prefer him to stay there, then when they fail to get promotion he’ll become a financial burden.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:57 pm

Sedgwick ment......

Only kidding , this made me lol though as at least you take it in good spirit unlike ONE other person I can think of...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:57 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Sedgwick ment......

Only kidding , this made me lol though as at least you take it in good spirit unlike ONE other person I can think of...

Worrying.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Cockney Stag » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:03 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Cockney Stag wrote:Les Ferdinand went from non-league to First Division, albeit 30+ years ago :lol:

And Stuart Pearce.

Admittedly not a striker, but still went from non league to top flight. ;)

Non-League to Championship seems far more common.

Michail Antonio
Jamie Vardy
Andre Gray
Cockney Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:22 pm

Ian Wright went to Palace from non league (Greenwich?) but I’m not sure what division Palace were in at the time.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Cockney Stag » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:27 pm

Dan wrote:Ian Wright went to Palace from non league (Greenwich?) but I’m not sure what division Palace were in at the time.

Pretty sure it was the old Second Division.

I'm sure he was critical to getting them promoted.
Cockney Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:29 pm

Sheff United looking at the non league ace now

twitter rumours gathering pace
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:33 pm

From the little I’ve seen of him he’s pretty good. They will definitely not be able to replace him with anyone nearly as good, especially in January. It would be like us losing Greenie half way through the conference winning season. We wouldn’t have gone up. Sad for em…….NOT :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:05 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:From the little I’ve seen of him he’s pretty good. They will definitely not be able to replace him with anyone nearly as good, especially in January. It would be like us losing Greenie half way through the conference winning season. We wouldn’t have gone up. Sad for em…….NOT :lol:

I'm sure the "millionaire manager" has got it covered,
if their prize asset goes. ;)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:41 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:From the little I’ve seen of him he’s pretty good. They will definitely not be able to replace him with anyone nearly as good, especially in January. It would be like us losing Greenie half way through the conference winning season. We wouldn’t have gone up. Sad for em…….NOT :lol:

I'm sure the "millionaire manager" has got it covered,
if their prize asset goes. ;)

I’m sure he will Andy.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:47 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:16 pm

Joe Quigley (26) has signed. Is Kabongo on his way?
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:55 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Sheff United looking at the non league ace now

twitter rumours gathering pace

Surely they wouldn't sell him to their rivals ? :lol:
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Birchy1 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:03 am

Quigley is not a replacement for Kabongo. He is a different player. Chesterfield do not need the money . They will not make the same mistake again when they sold Eoin Doyle, on the verge of the Championship, a few years ago. Still think they are odds on for promotion.
Birchy1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dan » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:13 am

Birchy1 wrote:Quigley is not a replacement for Kabongo. He is a different player. Chesterfield do not need the money . They will not make the same mistake again when they sold Eoin Doyle, on the verge of the Championship, a few years ago. Still think they are odds on for promotion.

Cut the crap with this “they” business, we know you’re one of them so stop pretending otherwise you pillock.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:45 am

Birchy1 wrote:Quigley is not a replacement for Kabongo. He is a different player. Chesterfield do not need the money . They will not make the same mistake again when they sold Eoin Doyle, on the verge of the Championship, a few years ago. Still think they are odds on for promotion.
Well of course they are different players ! One is called Quigley and the other is called Tshmanga. :roll:
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:52 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Well of course they are different players ! One is called Quigley and the other is called Tshimanga. :roll:
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum