{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:13 pm

CassellsCap wrote:Well done to the cheats for winning a league that Shirebrook town could’ve challenged in. Fair play though, you can only beat what’s in front of you. Will they be holding a raffle to buy some new defenders .

Got to pay their debts off first
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:26 pm

Birchy1 wrote:
Birchy1 wrote:As we all know, the results in pre season mean nothing. I have to say that the squad is as good as its been for some time. Remember this - Chesterfield will be promoted this season.

Just thought I'd remind everyone of what I predicted before the season started.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day... You lot have been banging on for ages how you're coming back! :lol:

Enjoy League Two next season, we won't be there to see you!
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:49 pm

Birchy1 wrote:
Birchy1 wrote:As we all know, the results in pre season mean nothing. I have to say that the squad is as good as its been for some time. Remember this - Chesterfield will be promoted this season.

No need to remind us - pretty much everyone on here predicted it as well. In fact most went as far as to say that with the conference being the weakest it had been in about 20 years, and the amount of money you were throwing at it, you would be embarassed if you didn't win it.
The big question is whether you will be a Wrexham or a County next season ? ;)
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:55 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Birchy1 wrote:

No need to remind us - pretty much everyone on here predicted it as well. In fact most went as far as to say that with the conference being the weakest it had been in about 20 years, and the amount of money you were throwing at it, you would be embarassed if you didn't win it.

I don’t think they will finish higher than either of those two and expect Wrexham to be in league one.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:58 pm

I dare say they'll do well to be top half next season.

Teams that have been poor this season will all improve given they've made shrewd managerial appointments (Tranmere, Salford and even though it's horrible to watch -Colchester) so the league will be very competitive - probably more so than this season.

A real measure of just how terribly poor the National League has been this season will lie in how well the team coming up along with the Direites does.

They are miles off a team that make Notts County look like Baresi and Maldini-era Milan defensively.....

So you'd expect whoever it is to be whipping boys next season.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:35 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
Birchy1 wrote:

I don’t think they will finish higher than either of those two and expect Wrexham to be in league one.

Read it again. ;)
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Birchy1 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm

Dan wrote:
Birchy1 wrote:

And yet still you're an irrelevant little tin pot club that no one cares about.

9000+ Spireites there today, you cannot get 9000 in Failed Mill. Which team is tinpot?
Birchy1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby scotsstag » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:42 pm

Birchy1 wrote:
Dan wrote:
Birchy1 wrote:

9000+ Spireites there today, you cannot get 9000 in Failed Mill. Which team is tinpot?

Bradford get twice that and they're tinpot same as you wee man..
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:52 pm

Birchy1 wrote:
Dan wrote:
Birchy1 wrote:

And 4,500 are glory hunters who haven’t been before.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:52 pm

Always said i didn’t mind chesterfield going up if it took longer to go up than it did mansfield, it took us 5, chesterfield 6.

Weakest conference in living memory, i reckon our reserves would win that league.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Birchy1 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:56 pm

scotsstag wrote:
Birchy1 wrote:
Dan wrote:
Birchy1 wrote:

Bradford get twice that and they're tinpot same as you wee man..

Define tinpot!
Birchy1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Birchy1 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:58 pm

Dan wrote:
Birchy1 wrote:
Dan wrote:
Birchy1 wrote:

Errmm, like 2000-3000 Stags fans?
Birchy1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Birchy1 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:00 am

adamstag wrote:Always said i didn’t mind chesterfield going up if it took longer to go up than it did mansfield, it took us 5, chesterfield 6.

Weakest conference in living memory, i reckon our reserves would win that league.

Go and look at the teams in the conference when you escaped the ces pit and come back to me.
Birchy1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dan » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:04 am

Birchy1 wrote:
Dan wrote:
Birchy1 wrote:
Dan wrote:
Birchy1 wrote:And yet still you're an irrelevant little tin pot club that no one cares about.

Errmm, like 2000-3000 Stags fans?

How many 9,000 attendances have you had this season? We’ve had 6-7,000 every match. Glory hunters who won’t be there next season when you go back down to where you belong.
Last edited by Dan on Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:05 am

Birchy1 wrote:
adamstag wrote:Always said i didn’t mind chesterfield going up if it took longer to go up than it did mansfield, it took us 5, chesterfield 6.

Go and look at the teams in the conference when you escaped the ces pit and come back to me.

You mean luton who didn’t make the playoffs for example? :lol:

:lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Birchy1 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:30 am

adamstag wrote:
Birchy1 wrote:

And the relevance is?
Birchy1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:36 am

Birchy1 wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Birchy1 wrote:

And the relevance is?

Great retort :lol:

Did your tinpot club put on jammy dodgers and orange squash for you today?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:37 am

Birchy1 wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Birchy1 wrote:

And the relevance is?

You posed the question 'Go look at some teams', Adam has 'come back to you'. He's done exactly as you asked you wally.
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby Birchy1 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:43 am

Tre Cool wrote:
Birchy1 wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Birchy1 wrote:

And the relevance is?

You posed the question 'Go look at some teams', Adam has 'come back to you'. He's done exactly as you asked you wally.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the suggestion is that Luton were a strong team in the conference because they are a Premier league team now? If so, zero relevance. Not a wally!
Birchy1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby BigGuy » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:09 am

Biggest day of celebration for god knows how long, and spends most of the night sat alone in their bedroom on their local rivals forum trying to wind us up.

I think that says a bit too much about this individual.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:50 am

They're obsessed with wanting to play us, because they have a serious false sense of how good they actually think they are - and weirdly believe they are better than us.

It'd be nice to play in a league that is so evidently poor, that most weeks it's like having a week off with minimum effort having to be put in to beat what's in front of you.

When they actually have to put effort in against teams next season, they might get brought down to earth and shown just how poor a league team they actually will be.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:07 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
Birchy1 wrote:

Read it again. ;)

Ditto.

To be clear, I don’t expect them to finish higher than the position either of those two finish this season. So they won’t be as good as either as even County had reasonable success early doors and I expect the cheats to struggle for the entire season.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:28 am

Tre Cool wrote:
Birchy1 wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Birchy1 wrote:

And the relevance is?

Not one of the better replies i’ve had :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:41 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:No need to remind us - pretty much everyone on here predicted it as well. In fact most went as far as to say that with the conference being the weakest it had been in about 20 years, and the amount of money you were throwing at it, you would be embarassed if you didn't win it.

Read it again. ;)

Ditto.

To be clear, I don’t expect them to finish higher than the position either of those two finish this season. So they won’t be as good as either as even County had reasonable success early doors and I expect the cheats to struggle for the entire season.

The way you replied suggested you thought I was asking whether they would beat Wrexham or County next season.
Like you, I fully expect Wrexham to be in L1 next season.
My question to our sheep loving interloper was whether their first season back in the league would see them battling at the sharp end like Wrexham or languishing in the lower half like County.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:50 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:No need to remind us - pretty much everyone on here predicted it as well. In fact most went as far as to say that with the conference being the weakest it had been in about 20 years, and the amount of money you were throwing at it, you would be embarassed if you didn't win it.

Read it again. ;)

Ditto.

The way you replied suggested you thought I was asking whether they would beat Wrexham or County next season.
Like you, I fully expect Wrexham to be in L1 next season.
My question to our sheep loving interloper was whether their first season back in the league would see them battling at the sharp end like Wrexham or languishing in the lower half like County.

Of course I did or you would be wrong which obviously can’t be correct. I also don’t think we can say County have been languishing in the lower half having been mainly top half and spending much of the season in the top 7. I can’t see the cheats doing that.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum