{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue May 04, 2021 1:43 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Apparently (as told to me by a spirite fan), to obtain a priority ticket for their home game with Dagenham and Redbridge he had to purchase a season ticket for next season by the end of April. Even though he had already purchased a season ticket for this season. Surely he's already paid for that game. I find that scandalous if true.

Well as the saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue May 04, 2021 2:25 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Apparently (as told to me by a spirite fan), to obtain a priority ticket for their home game with Dagenham and Redbridge he had to purchase a season ticket for next season by the end of April. Even though he had already purchased a season ticket for this season. Surely he's already paid for that game. I find that scandalous if true.

He's a diehard, but very unhappy. He said we are supposed to be a community club.

They moaned about Dave Allen. At least he put money into the club.

The new lot seem to rely on other people's money.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Tue May 04, 2021 3:10 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

He's a diehard, but very unhappy. He said we are supposed to be a community club.

That can't be correct. He must be let in using his season ticket unless the total number of season tickets sold is greater than the reduced capacity allowed. In that case the club have a problem in allowing some to use their season tickets but refusing others unless they drew up terms and conditions like Colchester United did regarding length of time holding a season ticket, renewal date etc. Either way the club cannot sell to non season ticket holders without existing season ticket holders having first option !!
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue May 04, 2021 3:45 pm

ST4GS wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

That can't be correct. He must be let in using his season ticket unless the total number of season tickets sold is greater than the reduced capacity allowed. In that case the club have a problem in allowing some to use their season tickets but refusing others unless they drew up terms and conditions like Colchester United did regarding length of time holding a season ticket, renewal date etc. Either way the club cannot sell to non season ticket holders without existing season ticket holders having first option !!

I find it difficult to believe, however he seemed clear about it.

Perhaps one of our three Spireite friends could clarify.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue May 04, 2021 3:53 pm

The season ticket thread on Bob's bored seems to confirm what he told me.
Worrh a read ( I can't do the linky thing )!
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue May 04, 2021 4:17 pm

Given their current excellent form you have to wonder if they’ll throw the dolly out the pram and furlough more players and get new ones in.

Seemingly there’s nothing low enough that the club wouldn’t stoop to.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mansf1eld » Tue May 04, 2021 4:44 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I find it difficult to believe, however he seemed clear about it.

Perhaps one of our three Spireite friends could clarify.

Unfortunately you'll have to wait until they've won a game to hear from them again. You could be waiting a while :lol:
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue May 04, 2021 5:05 pm

Having a quick read of a few threads on there and it appears that they consider Dave Allen's tenure to be the equivalent as our time under H*slam.
I'm not quite sure how you can compare someone who loaned the club £8m and, as far as I am aware, walked away without recovering any of those loans, with someone who bought a club for a quid, never put a penny in, took a salary and various other amounts out of the club, and then screwed us over when he finally left.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sat May 08, 2021 9:26 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-57027046

Maybe a fine coming chesterfields way soon aswell?.... Lets hope so
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby ParisStag » Tue May 11, 2021 10:48 pm

Just in case anyone was wondering (or if there are any summers reading this) it's 4890 days since Chesterfield beat Mansfield in a league fixture.

That's nearly 13 and a half years. There will be adult Spireites who have never seen them beat us in the league.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue May 11, 2021 11:07 pm

ParisStag wrote:Just in case anyone was wondering (or if there are any summers reading this) it's 4890 days since Chesterfield beat Mansfield in a league fixture.

That's nearly 13 and a half years. There will be adult Spireites who have never seen them beat us in the league.

whereas that’s a cracking stat how do you know that?
:lol:

Slow day?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue May 11, 2021 11:46 pm

adamstag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:Just in case anyone was wondering (or if there are any summers reading this) it's 4890 days since Chesterfield beat Mansfield in a league fixture.

Slow day?

Can't sleep! I just looked up the head to head record. They last beat us in the league on Dec 22nd 2007 at Saltergste. I was there. Then there's this dates to days calculator thingy online.

The thought of them staying down or us going up to L1 and there being a whole generation of them not knowing what it feels like is heart-warming. Maybe I'll try and count days to get to sleep now. :D
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed May 12, 2021 4:58 am

Let's hope it's 20 years before that happens,or better still never.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Wed May 12, 2021 5:51 am

ParisStag wrote:
adamstag wrote:

Slow day?

Can't sleep! I just looked up the head to head record. They last beat us in the league on Dec 22nd 2007 at Saltergste. I was there. Then there's this dates to days calculator thingy online.

The thought of them staying down or us going up to L1 and there being a whole generation of them not knowing what it feels like is heart-warming. Maybe I'll try and count days to get to sleep now. :D

Only problem with that is that of those 13 years they spent 8 in a higher division. Don't give them ammunition.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed May 12, 2021 7:11 am

88BenM wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
adamstag wrote:

Slow day?

Only problem with that is that of those 13 years they spent 8 in a higher division. Don't give them ammunition.

Not making the point that we've been in higher divisions. I'm saying that there will be adult Spireites who've literally never seen them beat us. 13 years is 13 years. Doesn't matter what leagues.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed May 12, 2021 8:00 am

The head to head also revealed that in all comps the record is

Overall
W D L
29 18 30

League (including playoffs)
27 16 26

Cup competitions
2 2 4
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed May 12, 2021 2:35 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed May 12, 2021 2:50 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::) George Foster as is say.

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport ... ns-3233179

Thumping wins against two teams who are quite literally making up the numbers. Well played guys, play offs here we come :lol:
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Thu May 13, 2021 12:59 am

James wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::) George Foster as is say.

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport ... ns-3233179

Thumping wins against two teams who are quite literally making up the numbers. Well played guys, play offs here we come :lol:

Up next for our blue friends a team of college students who have conceded 28 goals in there last 8 games... What a competitive league.... you really couldnt make it up :lol:
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sat May 15, 2021 4:02 pm

Wealdstone's first clean sheet in 16 games :lol:

Wonder what big George will have to say this week?
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby groundhoppingstag » Sat May 15, 2021 4:05 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:Wealdstone's first clean sheet in 16 games :lol:

Wonder what big George will have to say this week?

Good point from a solid performance.
groundhoppingstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby smulls » Sat May 15, 2021 4:09 pm

Cheaterfield failed to score against the weak defence that conceded 93 goals!!! :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria:
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat May 15, 2021 4:57 pm

That's a massive two points dropped by the Spireites and Eastleigh have two games in hand at Aldershot away and Boreham Wood at home.

They have to play the Daggers at home who had a good win at home against Halifax today and Halifax away who are also in contention for a play off place. Come on you Daggers!!
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Sat May 15, 2021 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat May 15, 2021 5:09 pm

Wrexham won away, Halifax lost to daggers.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat May 15, 2021 5:12 pm

Have a look at Dagenham's form.
Dan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum