{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Danny Johnson

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Danny Johnson

Postby bear 73 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:15 pm

Spiritater wrote:From what was expected at the start of the season in my opinion the season is at present a faltering one. 8 points away from the autos at present and 6 points seperate us from 15th.
Face it we have hardly set the world alight with any measure of consistency this season. The time is now to do that, for without it we'll be grasping at straws for the playoffs come May.

I dont think Mansfield Town will ever set the world alight and to improve season upon season is always the goal.
I believe we over achieved last season and finished 7th , with 5 first team players out in the second half at promotion chasing Bradford we got a draw which was a excellent result
Only 7 points of safety with 18 games to go, We lost two top players in Hawkins and Lapslie which gave us a bit of cash for new players.
Hartigan out for the long term and possibly Oates to. , Events at the club challenge our progress, saying we would like automatic promotion does not make it so.
Mansfield have never been a regular league 1 club , so why now sitting 6th should we be disappointed.
Record season tickets, fans returning a feel good factor within the club,
Oh and Bishop St still a wreck moving forward costs money , and while the club tries to be self supporting, i embrace league football and look forward to promotion.
And to challenge league 1 when the time is right and enjoy watching the team progress with the stadium and infrastructure as one unit
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:00 pm

Agree with that.Johnson was disruptive when here at the start upset a few of the youth teamers.He is here now so the club have to let bygones be bygones and accept him.Pretty sure most squads don't all get on.He will want to play a part so he can go for a fee to another club.Wait to see what happens.Oates will be out for the rest of the season I think.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:53 pm

bear 73 wrote:
Spiritater wrote:From what was expected at the start of the season in my opinion the season is at present a faltering one. 8 points away from the autos at present and 6 points seperate us from 15th.
Face it we have hardly set the world alight with any measure of consistency this season. The time is now to do that, for without it we'll be grasping at straws for the playoffs come May.

I dont think Mansfield Town will ever set the world alight and to improve season upon season is always the goal.
I believe we over achieved last season and finished 7th , with 5 first team players out in the second half at promotion chasing Bradford we got a draw which was a excellent result
Only 7 points of safety with 18 games to go, We lost two top players in Hawkins and Lapslie which gave us a bit of cash for new players.
Hartigan out for the long term and possibly Oates to. , Events at the club challenge our progress, saying we would like automatic promotion does not make it so.
Mansfield have never been a regular league 1 club , so why now sitting 6th should we be disappointed.
Oh and Bishop St still a wreck moving forward costs money , and while the club tries to be self supporting, i embrace league football and look forward to promotion.
And to challenge league 1 when the time is right and enjoy watching the team progress with the stadium and infrastructure as one unit

1960 to 1990
..............Seasons
2nd Tier.......1
3rd Tier.......18
4th Tier.......12

To say never, is not correct.
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby Magic Mansfield Town » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:05 pm

if it was Lapslie that fell out with Johnson it will be interesting to see if they have any interaction with each other, will help us to confirm or deny that rumour
Magic Mansfield Town
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:28 pm

Magic Mansfield Town wrote:if it was Lapslie that fell out with Johnson it will be interesting to see if they have any interaction with each other, will help us to confirm or deny that rumour

Not sure it matters. Don't really give a monkeys about Lapslie now. My only hope is that DJ and others score more than Gillingham do this weekend.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:04 pm

Magic Mansfield Town wrote:if it was Lapslie that fell out with Johnson it will be interesting to see if they have any interaction with each other, will help us to confirm or deny that rumour
They will both be on the bench
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:27 pm

ST4GS wrote:
They will both be on the bench

I think Danny will play as Cloughie will stick to the same team as the 2nd half against Bradford. 4-4-2 with Swan and Johnson at the front with Oates being out injured.
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stoney » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:48 pm

It might not mean much but Lapslie, Hawkins and DJ all follow each other on Instagram.

DJ and Ollie Clarke don't follow one another.

He can do a job for us this season, he just needs to get his head down and be professional. I think it's clear he will be going elsewhere at the end of the season but it's in his best interest to show he can score goals for us as well as Walsall.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:03 am

Since when does following or not following on Instagram indicate a friendship or a falling out, folks follow because they are curious and want to know what is happening etc.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:01 pm

oldweststander wrote:Since when does following or not following on Instagram indicate a friendship or a falling out, folks follow because they are curious and want to know what is happening etc.

It is the new way of the world OWS. I was once in a very serious meeting involving child safety and one participant denied that they were in a relationship with someone else because "we both have single status on Facebook so it shows I am not seeing them"
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:19 pm

KirkbyStag2 wrote:
bear 73 wrote:

1960 to 1990
..............Seasons
2nd Tier.......1
3rd Tier.......18
4th Tier.......12

To say never, is not correct.

Try to understand who you’re engaging with.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:47 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Stoney » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:04 pm

oldweststander wrote:Since when does following or not following on Instagram indicate a friendship or a falling out, folks follow because they are curious and want to know what is happening etc.

I did say at that start of my post it might not mean much however most footballers who play with each other do follow one another. Danny Johnson follows everyone else at the club pretty much apart from Ollie Clarke and Alfie Kilgour.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby WoodhouseStag » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:34 pm

WoodhouseStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby The One » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:58 pm

Good interview by stevo
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:14 pm

It was good from both of them tbh
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:20 pm

Yes well done a no hiding place interview :)
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:23 pm

Really good interview, I think that was needed to clear a few things up.

He looks genuinely happy to be back.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Oladamber66 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:36 pm

Yes good interview that needed to be done ..good luck Danny and prove all the doom mongers on here wrong ...bag that winner on Saturday.
Oladamber66
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby oldweststander » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:32 pm

Oladamber66 wrote:Yes good interview that needed to be done ..good luck Danny and prove all the doom mongers on here wrong ...bag that winner on Saturday.

Watched the full interview with DJ.

All the garbage, my mate says etc, should be taken for what it is, garbage

If DJ gets into the team, my view is he should start on Saturday, back him. In his own words "I've got something to prove", let him do so.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:59 pm

How do you know it's garbage and what DJ says is true?

You don't, we don't and we never will...

All we can do is get behind him from now on.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:19 pm

he’s a Stag's player now, he needs us & we need him, simple we back him let’s move on
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:35 am

Captain Cunno wrote:How do you know it's garbage and what DJ says is true?

You don't, we don't and we never will...

All we can do is get behind him from now on.

Think that kind of reasoning is a little shallow. There are always those who love a conspiracy theory without any real evidence etc.

Give the guy a chance to prove his point.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:13 am

Just to be clear. We can't believe what Nigel Clough and Danny Johnson say about a potential bust up between Nigel Clough and Danny Johnson because someone's auntie thrice removed has a pet dog whose brother went to the same dog park as Nigel and his dog and that dog said they had a bust up?

The way I see it we've now got both sides of the story. They match up. So either they did have a bust up and, like grown up adults, buried the hatchet. Or it just never happened. either way it is irrelevant now.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Oladamber66 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:48 pm

But so what !! The majority on here just want to make something out of nothing....if they fell out so what ...who doesn’t! Danny went on loan fitted in at walsall and bagged a load of goals and good luck to him....after all he's a stags player and why should we pulling him down just on here say...bag that winner on Saturday danny !
Oladamber66
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum