{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Lucas

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: LUCAS AKINS

Postby diablo » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:26 am

PEAR CIDER wrote:pleased he got MOTM

Who on Earth in their sober minds would do that ?
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby diablo » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:28 am

pemill wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
geoffhill wrote:Swan has done well but he is a bit lightweight.Akins with Oates would be my choice with swan coming off the bench if need be.Akins better as a striker rather than a defender.

I agree. Colchester had got Swann in their pocket at that point in the game. The substitution was spot on and won us the game.

So, Swan's goal counted for nothing when he jumped out of everyone's pocket and out jumped the defenders for an excellent goal.

Absolutely stunning finish from an excellent cross
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:08 am

How can you be Motm for only being on a few minutes whether you score or not. Even comparing the two goals Swan's header was better. Totally disrespectful to Hewitt and Maris after what they both did for the majority of the game. Absolutely staggering.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:33 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:How can you be Motm for only being on a few minutes whether you score or not. Even comparing the two goals Swan's header was better. Totally disrespectful to Hewitt and Maris after what they both did for the majority of the game. Absolutely staggering.

Didn't see Maris or Hewitt score a last minute winner :roll: :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:58 am

:) 100TH Career goal at the Super Stags & MOM :clap:

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:19 pm

How many goals has Akins scored for us? Is it 13?
Wikipedia showing him at 87 career goals before joining us.
Rare to find a Wikipedia page for a lower leagues player that is regularly up to date, but on goals for previous clubs they tend to be on the money.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:26 pm

Lucas Akins has scored 91 league goals and 100 goals in all competitions. He has scored 4 goals for the Stags from 29(7) league starts.

Well done to Lucas for changing the game on Saturday and giving us all that lovely warm tingly feeling that comes from a Stags win. I really enjoyed my weekend. Cheers Lucas!
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Chadman » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:24 pm

Boss Nigel Clough has called on fans not to boo Lucas Akins. The versatile player has endured up and down form recently but scored a late winner on Saturday - his 100th career goal - despite boos greeting his appearance as sub a minute earlier. Clough said booing him was counter productive if you want your team to win.

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/m ... ry-3943841
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkstag » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:24 pm

And he’s right.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tess Tickle » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:54 pm

Fans shouldn’t boo any Stags player when they play for us. Listen, I’ve got no problem with fans slating players online if they feel the need. Akins in general has been very poor for us , there is no doubt in that but to boo him when he’s coming on as a sub is unforgivable. End of the day he’s a Stag and so are we.
Tess Tickle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkstag » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:56 pm

Tess Tickle wrote:Fans shouldn’t boo any Stags player when they play for us. Listen, I’ve got no problem with fans slating players online if they feel the need. Akins in general has been very poor for us , there is no doubt in that but to boo him when he’s coming on as a sub is unforgivable. End of the day he’s a Stag and so are we.

Good post
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:19 pm

They were booing the subbing of Swan going off not Lucas coming on ...... I hope.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Tess Tickle » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:57 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:They were booing the subbing of Swan going off not Lucas coming on ...... I hope.

I like your twist of optimism CC but Swann comes off to resounding applause and so he should. Akins entered the field to a few boos. Scored the winner but it won’t change fans minds until he has 10 consistently good games with a few goals thrown in. Swann and Oates are goalscorers who you have some hope in bagging us a few, Akins at the moment is struggling to be anywhere like consistent.
Shouldn’t boo him though at any level
Tess Tickle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby geoffhill » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:19 pm

Play him up top in his best position.His workrate is excellent makes a few mistakes but he never hides unlike a few others.He has made over 600 appearances many of them not as a striker.pretty sure that if all the 600 were as a striker then his goal tally would be much higher.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:38 am

Lucas face says it all on the man of the match photo he looks right peed off bless him
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:00 pm

Amberheart wrote:Lucas face says it all on the man of the match photo he looks right peed off bless him

Remember when he put his finger up to his lips at Stags fans after scoring against Doncaster then he went on to miss his next 2 penalties :lol:

HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:32 pm

Tess Tickle wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:They were booing the subbing of Swan going off not Lucas coming on ...... I hope.

I like your twist of optimism CC but Swann comes off to resounding applause and so he should. Akins entered the field to a few boos. Scored the winner but it won’t change fans minds until he has 10 consistently good games with a few goals thrown in. Swann and Oates are goalscorers who you have some hope in bagging us a few, Akins at the moment is struggling to be anywhere like consistent.
Shouldn’t boo him though at any level

I heard ZERO booing in the QLE. Those that boo our own players usually have the IQ of a Tardigrade…or maybe considerably less :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:32 pm

geoffhill wrote:Play him up top in his best position.His workrate is excellent makes a few mistakes but he never hides unlike a few others.He has made over 600 appearances many of them not as a striker.pretty sure that if all the 600 were as a striker then his goal tally would be much higher.

Good post that.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:50 pm

Amberheart wrote:Lucas face says it all on the man of the match photo he looks right peed off bless him

Is he pissed off with the crowd for expressing their opinion or pissed off that he hasn't consistently shown us what he is capable of or pissed off that he gets in the team despite his lack of form.

He would soon become a fans favourite with a few more goals, assists and less misplaced passes.

Needless to say he is not the only one but they don't get an extended run in the team.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:15 pm

pemill wrote:

Is he pissed off with the crowd for expressing their opinion or pissed off that he hasn't consistently shown us what he is capable of or pissed off that he gets in the team despite his lack of form.

He would soon become a fans favourite with a few more goals, assists and less misplaced passes.

Needless to say he is not the only one but they don't get an extended run in the team.

And thats the nail on the head.

Booing is right, we all know this, well bar those that had boo'd. This is all down to clough for me.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:46 pm

Awaits edit ^^
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:09 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:
pemill wrote:

And thats the nail on the head.

Booing is right, we all know this, well bar those that had boo'd. This is all down to clough for me.

Can't edit a quote reply :D

HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:21 pm

Then it's forever there in stagsnet history for all to see that Pear Cider thinks booing is right...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:21 pm

I wonder if he booed from his living room sofa?
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:51 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:I wonder if he booed from his living room sofa?

Thought he only booed from the Sandy pate bar during a game. :lol: :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum