{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Lucas

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: LUCAS AKINS

Postby stagtastic1 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:48 am

Looking at the replay, perhaps the defender was holding onto Akins arm.
Akins pulls his arm away and the defender realising his error tries to buy a foul by chucking himself onto the floor.
Fortunately the officials see this and make the right call allowing play to continue.

Just a thought.
stagtastic1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby pemill » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:10 am

I thought Lucas might 'kick on' after his goal at Gillingham but that didn't materialise and put in some disappointing displays since. Now he has got that all elusive 100th goal will that enable him to play to his potential - here's hoping so.

I, along with so many other people don't have a problem with Lucas, the problem is he's been an automatic choice in the starting XI when fit but based on performances hasn't merited it. Others get a chance and if they don't take it they are soon back on the bench or completely out of the reckoning, they don't get a lengthy run in the team to find their form, maybe Clough's priority was for Lucas to get is 100th goal?

Grateful for the win yesterday, very pleased Lucas came on and scored the winning goal but for those championing him now can you honestly say he has deserved his place in the starting XI so regularly - his touch, control, passing and goal scoring for the majority of the time has been poor to say the least.

Oates and Swann my first choice starters up front - if Lucas comes on as a super sub then I'm happy with that.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:56 am

Swan has done well but he is a bit lightweight.Akins with Oates would be my choice with swan coming off the bench if need be.Akins better as a striker rather than a defender.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:59 am

geoffhill wrote:Swan has done well but he is a bit lightweight.Akins with Oates would be my choice with swan coming off the bench if need be.Akins better as a striker rather than a defender.

I agree. Colchester had got Swann in their pocket at that point in the game. The substitution was spot on and won us the game.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:17 pm

pemill wrote:I thought Lucas might 'kick on' after his goal at Gillingham but that didn't materialise and put in some disappointing displays since. Now he has got that all elusive 100th goal will that enable him to play to his potential - here's hoping so.

I, along with so many other people don't have a problem with Lucas, the problem is he's been an automatic choice in the starting XI when fit but based on performances hasn't merited it. Others get a chance and if they don't take it they are soon back on the bench or completely out of the reckoning, they don't get a lengthy run in the team to find their form, maybe Clough's priority was for Lucas to get is 100th goal?

Grateful for the win yesterday, very pleased Lucas came on and scored the winning goal but for those championing him now can you honestly say he has deserved his place in the starting XI so regularly - his touch, control, passing and goal scoring for the majority of the time has been poor to say the least.

Oates and Swann my first choice starters up front - if Lucas comes on as a super sub then I'm happy with that.

Did you not notice that Lucas was dropped for the two previous home games against Swindon and Bradford City which we lost without him.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:55 am

Amber Andy wrote:
geoffhill wrote:Swan has done well but he is a bit lightweight.Akins with Oates would be my choice with swan coming off the bench if need be.Akins better as a striker rather than a defender.

I agree. Colchester had got Swann in their pocket at that point in the game. The substitution was spot on and won us the game.

The substitution was an accident. Clough only did it because Swan was injured.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:06 am

Dan wrote:I was quite upset watching Lucas leave the pitch at full time. He didn’t look like a man who’d just scored a last minute winner, he looked quite sad and downbeat. Is this what we’ve done to him? The booing when he came on was nothing short of disgusting.

Interesting that he celebrated his goal away from the fans. A fine tribute to those who booed him when he came on.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:13 am

stag861 wrote:
Dan wrote:I was quite upset watching Lucas leave the pitch at full time. He didn’t look like a man who’d just scored a last minute winner, he looked quite sad and downbeat. Is this what we’ve done to him? The booing when he came on was nothing short of disgusting.

Interesting that he celebrated his goal away from the fans. A fine tribute to those who booed him when he came on.

It didn't look that marked to me - I think it just happened that the rest all jumped on him
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:40 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

So, Swan's goal counted for nothing when he jumped out of everyone's pocket and out jumped the defenders for an excellent goal.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:44 pm

pemill wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

So, Swan's goal counted for nothing when he jumped out of everyone's pocket and out jumped the defenders for an excellent goal.

as well has the handful of times he got around the back of the defence, drawing fouls in the process as they couldnt deal with his movement.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:46 pm

part time pete wrote:
pemill wrote:I thought Lucas might 'kick on' after his goal at Gillingham but that didn't materialise and put in some disappointing displays since. Now he has got that all elusive 100th goal will that enable him to play to his potential - here's hoping so.

Did you not notice that Lucas was dropped for the two previous home games against Swindon and Bradford City which we lost without him.

So, the reason we lost those two games was due to not having Lucas Akins on the pitch :roll:
He was on the pitch at Harrogate, Sheff Wed, Everton 2nd half and many other games.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:18 pm

Lucas Akins has a 50% win rate this season for league games which is the 10th highest. He's averaging 1.71 points per start which is the 9th highest and slightly above the average for the team which is 1.65 points.

P14 W7 D3 L4
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:02 pm

pemill wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

To be fair, Andy did say "at that point in the game" which I guess they did considering he came off with an ankle problem. I'd imagine a player like Swan would be easier to handle with an ankle knock.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:20 pm

pleased he got MOTM
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Tomwh » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:29 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Lucas Akins has a 50% win rate this season for league games which is the 10th highest. He's averaging 1.71 points per start which is the 9th highest and slightly above the average for the team which is 1.65 points.

P14 W7 D3 L4

This for me is where stats can be a bit iffy. Surely a variance of just 0.06 points from the average isn't anywhere near enough to take any conclusions? From a small sample size too.

Pleased for Lucas to get the winner, and hoping he kicks on, but until now his performances don't merit a place in the starting line up. I've no doubt he's fully capable of doing it, it just hasn't clicked for him in an amber shirt yet.
Tomwh
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:39 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:pleased he got MOTM

Very disrespectful to Hewitt, who had actually earned it over tbe 90+ mnutes.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:41 pm

I thought George Maris was MOM.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:08 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I thought George Maris was MOM.

Good shout TBF. Certainly not Lucas though. :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:10 pm

followed by Hewitt
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:33 pm

There must have only been a few votes in it

Lucas Akins 19%
Elliott Hewitt 18%
George Maris 16%

....and who got the other 47% of the votes :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:05 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:

followed by Hewitt

I had it the other way around, Hewitt above Maris, but they were by far our best two players.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:10 pm

Play Lucas up front and he will be a success.He has played a lot of games in a defensive position where he is below 6 out of ten.He also played out of position at Burton but has amassed 100 goals in his career,Pretty sure if he had played all his games in a forward position he would have scored more.Just saying food for thought.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:01 pm

geoffhill wrote:Play Lucas up front and he will be a success.He has played a lot of games in a defensive position where he is below 6 out of ten.He also played out of position at Burton but has amassed 100 goals in his career,Pretty sure if he had played all his games in a forward position he would have scored more.Just saying food for thought.

11 of his 14 starts in the league this seasons have been as a striker.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:22 pm

Sneag wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:pleased he got MOTM

Very disrespectful to Hewitt, who had actually earned it over tbe 90+ mnutes.

There is no doubt that Hewitt and Maris were the best 2 players on Saturday, but Akins was the man who gave us the euphoric moment and sent us home happy.
I voted for Akins just to stick it up all the idiots who booed him onto the pitch, and it looks like enough felt the same way to give him the award.
Is us voting for Akins any more disrespectful than the 'support' Akins received from so called fans when he came on ?
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:36 pm

At least his he's found his best position now. Sat on the middle of the bench for 85 minutes
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum