{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Colchester scorerfred sponsored by day late

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Colchester scorerfred sponsored by day late

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:49 pm

Rob wrote:I don't know who you are talking about Andy but what I do know is Musings, Martin and I are definitely Stags fans and all think we got a bit lucky :D We deserved that luck though, as we should have had a pen and red card, had that decision gone our way I think we'd have won much more easily. I often get stick for defending refs, can't defend yesterday's, he was terrible all game.
I know you are, as am I.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:33 pm

Rob wrote:The officials were truly shocking, it was a blatant penalty and red card

Nothing personal Rob, just picked your post to quote as you, I believe, are (or were) a referee.
Several people have commented on this thread about the penalty and red card, but I thought that the 'double jeopardy' rule now meant that if a penalty is awarded then it is only a yellow card ?
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:00 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Rob wrote:The officials were truly shocking, it was a blatant penalty and red card

Nothing personal Rob, just picked your post to quote as you, I believe, are (or were) a referee.
Several people have commented on this thread about the penalty and red card, but I thought that the 'double jeopardy' rule now meant that if a penalty is awarded then it is only a yellow card ?

Only if it’s an attempt to play the ball, which the Oates incident wasn’t.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:07 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:

see my report for an explanation
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:21 pm

Simple question to all those on here justifying the booing at the time of the substitution.
I assume you booed if you are supporting those who did, so whether you booed the managerial decision to take Swan off, or the fact it was Akins coming on, you obviously didn't agree with the substitution overall.
When Akins scored within 2 minutes of coming on, were you a total hypocrite and celebrated the goal, or did u stay in your seat because you thought Clough was wrong ?
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:49 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:

Yes as Musings and Martin have said if the player does not make a genuine attempt to play the ball and prevents an obvious goal scoring opportunity it's a red card. In my opinion I think the ref knew this and just 6 minutes into the game decided to do nothing. That shouldn't matter but I can tell you from personal experience it does play a part, more frequently with yellow cards not being awarded early on in a game.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:23 am

It wasn't a foul by Akins on their defender, if it was the ref would have given it. ;)
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:52 am

I don't agree with booing players.
You need every bit of help you can get in football.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:19 am

Booing during the game is literally the opposite of supporting. Boo afterwards, on the way home, in the bath all you want but if you boo during the game you need to reassess whether you're a supporter, or whether you just think you are.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:39 am

gazza1988 wrote:It wasn't a foul by Akins on their defender, if it was the ref would have given it. ;)

Brilliant by Akins imo… I’m assuming he will have noted where the ref was/was looking and created himself the space for the winner. I’ve been critical of him but he was excellent in the few minutes on the pitch, exactly what we should be doing with him now, bring him on last 5/10 in games when opposition are tired, I had no issue him replacing Swan at that point, can’t understand why people would be annoyed by that swan was ineffective by that point
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:25 pm

S7AGS wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:It wasn't a foul by Akins on their defender, if it was the ref would have given it. ;)

Brilliant by Akins imo… I’m assuming he will have noted where the ref was/was looking and created himself the space for the winner. I’ve been critical of him but he was excellent in the few minutes on the pitch, exactly what we should be doing with him now, bring him on last 5/10 in games when opposition are tired, I had no issue him replacing Swan at that point, can’t understand why people would be annoyed by that swan was ineffective by that point

I can only speak for myself, but I was annoyed because we needed a goal and we took our best goalscorer off. It turned out that Clough actually agreed and would’ve kept him off, but he had asked to come off because of an ankle knock.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:22 pm

Few pics from the second half as I didn't get there until half time. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?van ... 4776239104
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:04 am

Does that mean we can put to bed the nonsense about when a Fred is created on here now?! :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:18 am

We had a game Weds Dan so The One sponsored it late, which was a bit like our winner for t'game... late :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:19 pm

I see we beat Colchester 1.1 to 0.3 on xG’s
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:27 am

Colchester United receive a letter of apology after referee decision
gazette-news.co.uk, By Jonathan Waldron, 15 Dec 2022

COLCHESTER United have received a letter of apology following their controversial defeat at Mansfield Town earlier this month.

The U's were left aggrieved after Lucas Akins' foul on skipper Tommy Smith in the box went unpunished, seconds before the Stags substitute netted their stoppage-time winner.

Colchester were left incensed that the goal was allowed to stand, resulting in them falling to a 2-1 defeat in the League Two clash at the One Call Stadium, on December 3.

The U's requested feedback on Akins' winner and now boss Matt Bloomfield has received a letter of apology.

It is the second such letter he has received since taking over as Colchester head coach, after officials also said sorry back in October for not awarding the visitors a free-kick in the lead-up to AFC Wimbledon's winner, in the U's 2-1 defeat at Plough Lane.

Bloomfield said: "This is my second letter from the referees apologising for decisions.

"That's two I've received now; one from AFC Wimbledon and one from Mansfield.

"That's obviously played a big part in those two results and you can't get away from that.

read more at https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/231 ... -decision/

-------------------------
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby stagtastic1 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:16 am

Have we got ours yet for the non penalty decision.
stagtastic1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkstag » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:23 am

stagtastic1 wrote:Have we got ours yet for the non penalty decision.

Exactly!
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:05 pm

Comment from Col U fan on Cochester/Essex Gazette website:

"I wonder, did Mansfield get a letter of apology for the blatant penalty that the referee missed? We did deserve a point, but the Us position isnt down to the poor standard of refereeing which all teams encounter. Humes & Ball must go and Bloomfield allowed time to resolve their mess."

Good luck as well to Alan Judge who is possibly out for a year with a bad knee injury.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:38 pm

stagtastic1 wrote:Have we got ours yet for the non penalty decision.

I suspect as we won we didn't ask for one! I hope the letter makes Colchester fans happy :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum