{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season ticket pricing (update: 4450 sold so far)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season ticket pricing (update: over 3850 sold so far)

Postby MansfieldMick » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:07 pm

Curry 9 Brace 7 wrote:Has anyone actually got a season ticket through post or do you have to collect? I am a bit like spiriter not downloaded on my phone. just payed for it on my laptop :?:

Probably collect from club, which I will do but I'm sure the club can post if required such as not live locally.
Or pick up first match of season but currently nothing announced.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby HU7stag » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:17 pm

HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:18 pm

Absolutely fantastic support, would be fantastic to nudge over 4,500
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Season ticket pricing (update: over 4000 sold so far)

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:01 pm

We had a sniff of promotion last season after 2 miserable relegation threatened seasons and look at the response from the fans. Incredible.

This has to be a signal to Radford that we need to do the Bishop. When we do go up, we'll need it. So let's get prepared and start the process now.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:08 pm

Absolutely incredible. Well done to everyone who has bought a season ticket for the first time.
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:05 am

HU7stag wrote:

It’s getting ridiculous now.

It would be interesting how many in each of the three areas of the stadium and how many in each category.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:56 am

We desperately need to kick on now success on the pitch is vital , the fan base will only keep growing especially if we can get out this division which isn’t going to be easy this season.
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby StagInHucknall » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:12 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:We had a sniff of promotion last season after 2 miserable relegation threatened seasons and look at the response from the fans. Incredible.

This has to be a signal to Radford that we need to do the Bishop. When we do go up, we'll need it. So let's get prepared and start the process now.

Do you really think re Bishop? How many times did the home end sell out last season?
And how many extra fans are we thinking when we get promoted. I’m all for ambition and growing this club but I don’t think we’re at that point where the Bishop is imperative just yet. When we consistently sell out home end and can prove Bishop is needed then how hard can it be to erect a terrace in no time at all?

Do we know what the plans are for Bishop re will if just be a terrace or will there be boxes ? And what will it’s capacity be?
StagInHucknall
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:50 am

these are the last two things John & Carolyn have said about Bishop St stand
https://stagsnet.net/news/newsdetails.php?newsid=10411
https://stagsnet.net/news/newsdetails.php?newsid=10207
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby ST4GS » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:30 am

StagInHucknall wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:We had a sniff of promotion last season after 2 miserable relegation threatened seasons and look at the response from the fans. Incredible.

Do you really think re Bishop? How many times did the home end sell out last season?
And how many extra fans are we thinking when we get promoted. I’m all for ambition and growing this club but I don’t think we’re at that point where the Bishop is imperative just yet. When we consistently sell out home end and can prove Bishop is needed then how hard can it be to erect a terrace in no time at all?

Do we know what the plans are for Bishop re will if just be a terrace or will there be boxes ? And what will it’s capacity be?

Expansion plans will be more beneficial to accomodate extra away fans as well as home fans. Promotion will bring opportunities for 2-3k away fans. Little ol Mansfield take 1500 to quite a few games already. Salford. Bradford. Donny etc. We need to speculate on this upturn in lower league attendances in general.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:40 am

part time pete wrote:
HU7stag wrote:

It would be interesting how many in each of the three areas of the stadium and how many in each category.

Are you saying they’re all kids/under 7s tickets?

Personally, IMO the success last year, the better pricing structure for youngsters (finally) and the ease of purchasing online has made all the difference between getting and not getting a ST this year
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:43 am

part time pete wrote:
HU7stag wrote:

Pete you like stats, what percentage of capacity will be season ticket holders. Excluding away support ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:45 am

StagInHucknall wrote:

Our capacity for home fans is only around 7000...less in fact. (Ian Greaves less than 5000, Quarry lane less than 2000) then when you take out the North Stand and draconian SAG regulations and the clubs strange decision not to sell tickets in A Block IGL
It could well be needed if we do well.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby StagInHucknall » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:59 am

Martin Shaw wrote:these are the last two things John & Carolyn have said about Bishop St stand

Yea that’s right JR is keen on the terracing/safe standing but nothing concrete (excuse pun) yet :D

Something like Burtons terracing I’d presume.

https://images.app.goo.gl/Q1GeaZjAoWvYupcB9
StagInHucknall
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:11 am

It’s such a bloody eyesore, anything is better than the pigs ear that we look across too
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:18 am

We keep having this discussion, frankly it's absurd the club haven't done anything with it and makes no sense whatsoever. The club will pay a heavy price for not doing it should we have another successful season. I'd guess not having that extra capacity has cost the club over £1m in lost gate receipts since JR took over.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:28 am

Rob wrote:We keep having this discussion, frankly it's absurd the club haven't done anything with it and makes no sense whatsoever. The club will pay a heavy price for not doing it should we have another successful season. I'd guess not having that extra capacity has cost the club over £1m in lost gate receipts since JR took over.
I can't remember many sell out games since JR took over.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:09 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Rob wrote:We keep having this discussion, frankly it's absurd the club haven't done anything with it and makes no sense whatsoever. The club will pay a heavy price for not doing it should we have another successful season. I'd guess not having that extra capacity has cost the club over £1m in lost gate receipts since JR took over.

Me neither
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:10 pm

Maybe if the ground wasn’t done on the cheap the north stand would run the length of the pitch and hold an extra 2-300 but heyho.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:17 pm

StagInHucknall wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:these are the last two things John & Carolyn have said about Bishop St stand

Yea that’s right JR is keen on the terracing/safe standing but nothing concrete (excuse pun) yet :D

That's tidy and would work well. Wouldn't cost a lot either. Bung all the away fans in it.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby StagInHucknall » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:24 pm

ST4GS wrote:
StagInHucknall wrote:

Expansion plans will be more beneficial to accomodate extra away fans as well as home fans. Promotion will bring opportunities for 2-3k away fans. Little ol Mansfield take 1500 to quite a few games already. Salford. Bradford. Donny etc. We need to speculate on this upturn in lower league attendances in general.

See how things go this season I suppose..
StagInHucknall
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby StagInHucknall » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:26 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
StagInHucknall wrote:

That's tidy and would work well. Wouldn't cost a lot either. Bung all the away fans in it.

Cheap and easy to do and would make the ground look complete.
StagInHucknall
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jimstag » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:27 pm

Think the kids pricing has something to do with it, I’ve got loads of friends who have said they were looking to give their kids the first taste of a match day and stags was affordable for them
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:09 pm

zod wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Me neither

:lol: I'm not going to list them all, but we had several just last season. Also you have to factor in sold out away support too as we could accommodate excess away fans in the Bishop.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:56 pm

Jimstag wrote:Think the kids pricing has something to do with it, I’ve got loads of friends who have said they were looking to give their kids the first taste of a match day and stags was affordable for them

That’s a good thing those kids are and will be the life blood of the club , wasn’t so long ago we’d consider 3500 at a home game a good attendance
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum