{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

rumours on new signings

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:38 pm

stagmanrob wrote:It's worrying that there doesn't seem to be many names being banded about when there isn't much time left to get the squad together.

Not many names were being banded when we signed Flinders and Boateng either. Cards are close to chest in this management structure.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:53 pm

Mickel Miller ,winger released by Rotherham Utd would be a decent player for
League 2 according to my mate who is a Rotherham ST holder
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby S7AGS » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:13 pm

Clough don’t seem interested in wingers… or pace
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby johnwhit66 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:22 pm

It was never going to be a summer where we signed loads of players. The signing of Boateng shows the level we are looking to bring in. A goalkeeper, centre half, striker and possibly a wide man with some pace will do for me.
johnwhit66
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stagspur » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:19 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Stagspur wrote:Hearing from someone who works for Clowes Development, that potential new Derby owner David, wants Nigel as new manager

8 posts in total, including this one.

see https://stagsnet.net/phpBB3/search.php? ... 5&sr=posts

Readers can draw their own conclusion as to its validity.

first post :
Subject: Clough in

Stagspur wrote:You can take a few loses if performance are OK, but at the moment nothing short of dire
Recruitment has been awful, Is it a power struggle between Clough and Sharpe?????

Clear out the lot ( and before you say for who? , let's see who applies.... Terry Flynn , Holloway ect ect ect )

another one (two days after defeat at Wembley):
Subject: Retained list

Stagspur wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:
Stagspur wrote:Clap along if your happy with another season in League 2
Clap along if your happy and Perch & Bowery will do

I notice that your last but one post was calling for Clough and his team to be cleared out alongside Sharp and Ian Holliway to be appointed

I think I've just been told off by the Headmaster

Baggey Trousers! It's Madness

Martin and Will head SUN investigation team
Stagspur
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:13 am

I presume it is Hull Stag again, the only person who is keen to use my name on here
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:00 am

stagmanrob wrote:It's worrying that there doesn't seem to be many names being banded about when there isn't much time left to get the squad together.

The transfer window opened 1 week and 2 days ago. The window closes 5 weeks tomorrow. Loads of time to get a squad togedter.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:21 am

Do some people still think we sign 15 players a summer :lol: bit different to Evans and Flitters now.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:25 am

gazza1988 wrote:

The transfer window opened 1 week and 2 days ago. The window closes 5 weeks tomorrow. Loads of time to get a squad togedter.

Would be nice to get most of/all of the signings we need into the building this coming week though so that the whole squad is together for the training camp up in Scotland which starts a week tomorrow.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:10 am

georgefostersbeard wrote:I presume it is Hull Stag again, the only person who is keen to use my name on here

No it isn't
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sneag » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:38 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:I presume it is Hull Stag again, the only person who is keen to use my name on here

No it isn't

Seems more like Cockney Stag's MO.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:45 am

There are still a great many quality players available who will be wanting to sign up very soon when all offers are on the table.

Would be delighted if our squad was completed before the Scotland trip.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:52 am

Sneag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

No it isn't

With Spurs in the user name, who do you know who wears a Spurs shirt and goes and watches Tottenham.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:58 am

Harry Kane
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:01 pm

oldweststander wrote:There are still a great many quality players available who will be wanting to sign up very soon when all offers are on the table.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we invited a few players to Scotland and took a look at them? Something I’d do if there was the option available.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:54 pm

part time pete wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

No it isn't

With Spurs in the user name, who do you know who wears a Spurs shirt and goes and watches Tottenham.

Most of the southern side on my family TBF, but none of them post on Stagsnet.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:08 pm

Jimstag wrote:
oldweststander wrote:There are still a great many quality players available who will be wanting to sign up very soon when all offers are on the table.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we invited a few players to Scotland and took a look at them? Something I’d do if there was the option available.

Pointless if they aren't playing any games.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:03 pm

Jimstag wrote:

We’re adding key players to an established squad, good ones I hope…we need specific targets that have been fully scouted so we know they have the attributes we need …not a ‘build a squad on a shoestring by giving trials to a load of unknowns!
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby AnonAlias » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:02 pm

No signing again. But Perchy's renewal will be shown for the 9th time.
AnonAlias
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Billy the fish » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:08 pm

S7AGS wrote:
Jimstag wrote:

We’re adding key players to an established squad, good ones I hope…we need specific targets that have been fully scouted so we know they have the attributes we need …not a ‘build a squad on a shoestring by giving trials to a load of unknowns!

You mean scouted like DJ another clough signing …
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:25 pm

Nothing wrong with DJ. He was first choice and injuries came along as Clough decided on a different style of play.

I recall he originally intended Oates and Laps to compete for the number 10 role.

There will be a lot going on and players and agents will be making decisions this week.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:52 pm

part time pete wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

No it isn't

Makes sense now.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:09 am

S7AGS wrote:
Jimstag wrote:

Yeah, good point. You’d expect them to have a list of targets but if they are out of contract why not invite them to train and get to know the squad, romance them a bit and try and get a signing over the line?
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby diablo » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:49 am

Jimstag wrote:
S7AGS wrote:
Jimstag wrote:

Yeah, good point. You’d expect them to have a list of targets but if they are out of contract why not invite them to train and get to know the squad, romance them a bit and try and get a signing over the line?

I suspect a lot of players and managers may be on Holiday at the moment
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby oldweststander » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:57 am

diablo wrote:
Jimstag wrote:
S7AGS wrote:
Jimstag wrote:

I suspect a lot of players and managers may be on Holiday at the moment

I find that difficult to beleive, most clubs will be back today, only those involved in the play offs will still be absent and if a player is out of work I'm sure he will not be swanning about in holiday at this point.
Anyway, it's agents that negotiate deals and this time of year is their busiest time.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum