{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Trotters scorefred sponsored by The Moaning Sheep Wanderer

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Trotters scorefred MATCH POSTPONED

Postby tmwilson » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:54 pm

It's a shame it's been called off but I did half expect it. The form we are in, I was confident we would of beaten Bolton but it gives us extra rest for Saturday.
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:59 pm

I think its the lockdown but games being called off affect you more now then it did when life was ''normal''?

Was right looking forward to this one.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:04 pm

The One wrote:Question for Martin paid ifollow do I get refund ?

Can’t you send him a PM? ;) :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:06 pm

old ram stag wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
StagsForLIFE wrote:Mez at it yet again, i forgot Mansfield is different to the rest of the country where it is bahamas like conditions.

Really starting to become a trend this

I'm not trying to slander him for any other reason other than the fact he went Billy big raspberrys about not having a game called off in like 7 years. The guy is resting on his laurels

Why is this Mez fault exactly?

I would like to know why we didn't use the frost covers overnight, the forecast was for frost, when do they go on if not on this occasion.

I don't know if we did or didn't. What I do know is you can't now whine about the results so you've now decided to whine about the pitch. I'm sure Mez is doing his best and you would do well to read the link to the article on what Mez does and the challenges he is currently dealing with. For once accept that people do their best sometimes in very difficult circumstances
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:07 pm

Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:19 pm

Dan wrote:

You are as funny as toochache. I could phone if I wanted
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:28 pm

yorkstag wrote:
old ram stag wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
StagsForLIFE wrote:Mez at it yet again, i forgot Mansfield is different to the rest of the country where it is bahamas like conditions.

Really starting to become a trend this

I'm not trying to slander him for any other reason other than the fact he went Billy big raspberrys about not having a game called off in like 7 years. The guy is resting on his laurels

Why is this Mez fault exactly?

I would like to know why we didn't use the frost covers overnight, the forecast was for frost, when do they go on if not

I don't know if we did or didn't. What I do know is you can't now whine about the results so you've now decided to whine about the pitch. I'm sure Mez is doing his best and you would do well to read the link to the article on what Mez does and the challenges he is currently dealing with. For once accept that people do their best sometimes in very difficult circumstances[/quot
The covers were NOT used last night YS.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:33 pm

Disappointment but looking at the club ,,putting covers on and blow heating is expensive and with no crowd money, maybe a step to far, having a pitch called a cabbage patch
with rain forecast before and during the game the pitch would certainly cut up, So sad games mounting up now and tired legs, suspensions ,and injury's will show why many clubs spend a lot of money on the playing surface, good drainage under soil heating, failing to get promoted because of fixture pile up can be very expensive, fortunate for us a top half finish achieves our expectations. Postponements for weather a poor show this season, with covid 19 likely to affect games, this certainly makes clubs up to speed with ground maintenance a head start.
Most games today are cancelled because of fans access to the stadium, and with no fans games have more chance of being played due to bad weather.
I cannot see any benefit to Mansfield of having this game called off. just a poor show for a club hoping to progress.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:36 pm

I think its a bit of a blessing. We have played 2 or 3 games more than the teams above us... i know points are better on the board, but a break and letting teams catch up on games may give us a sense of league perspective.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:49 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:I think its a bit of a blessing. We have played 2 or 3 games more than the teams above us... i know points are better on the board, but a break and letting teams catch up on games may give us a sense of league perspective.

I disagree, i think its important to play your games when scheduled. the fixture list is the same for most league two clubs and it will only take one covid outbreak at the club for 3 to 4 fixtures to be postponed and end up maybe having to add Thursday night fixtures into the schedule. It wouldn't be ideal say come the business end of the season maybe trying to gain a play off spot playing 4 games a week when other play off rivals may only be playing 2 games a week.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:50 pm

The covers cost nothing to put on other than màn power and time, we should have played this match as it's a good time to meet a out of form Bolton, poor show from the ground staff and i don't criticise my club easily.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:51 pm

I enjoyed that article.

It goes to show how much work is involved looking after the pitch.

I found the comments about David Sharpe quite telling. It is inferred that prior to Sharpe, no-one from the strategic side of the club thought much about the playing surface. Evans to his credit did think about the quality of the pitch and it sounds like he did well to get some funds for it.

It was also revealing that Haslam gave Mez the job, although there might not have been any science behind the appointment and in truth it was probably a cheap option. Mez clearly has gained a lot of experience since then, but I wonder what investment has been made into his qualifications?

I stand by my previous thoughts relating to the pitch. It is one of the clubs main assets and needs proper investment to keep it in the best possible condition.

This won’t be a popular view, but I wonder if 4G would be a more cost effective alternative?
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:31 pm

Pitch now playable according to Mez on twitter.

Farcical that it’s been postponed.

Get on the blower to Bolton and the bone idle referee & get it back on! :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:34 pm

So is it Mez's fault or the refs.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:37 pm

What is latest time for pitch inspections ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:37 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Pitch now playable according to Mez on twitter.

Farcical that it’s been postponed.

Get on the blower to Bolton and the bone idle referee & get it back on! :lol:

If true, then questions need answering about whose at fault for an early postponement.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:37 pm

Whole thing is a shambles by the sounds of it. Thought we would of some control over when a pitch inspection takes place or at least a Ref takes the view of a groundsman for what the pitch would be like at KO.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:39 pm

lifestags wrote:Whole thing is a shambles by the sounds of it. Thought we would of some control over when a pitch inspection takes place or at least a Ref takes the view of a groundsman for what the pitch would be like at KO.

It’s not even like we’re playing somebody like Exeter who have to travel for hours. It’s a relatively short journey for Bolton - to assess the pitch any later than 7 hours before kick off is just ridiculous considering it’s above freezing temperatures.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:40 pm

The One wrote:
Dan wrote:

You are as funny as toochache. I could phone if I wanted

What’s toochache?! Phone him then instead of putting it on here it’s not rocket science :roll:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:41 pm

The pitch should be playable ,it’s only played on maybe 30 time a yr , no training on it etc . A fortune spent on it and still poor .
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:44 pm

Meanwhile Mez lays riddled with bullet holes.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Upper West » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:47 pm

1 minute before kick off. Conditions can change quite quickly.

I recall an evening match against Torquay being called off at 7:30 in 2004.

Possibly a consideration today would be to call it off before Bolton start their journey.
Upper West
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:57 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:58 pm

Upper West wrote:

1 minute before kick off. Conditions can change quite quickly.

I recall an evening match against Torquay being called off at 7:30 in 2004.

Possibly a consideration today would be to call it off before Bolton start their journey.

Don't forget Martin and the refs and all the others needed to put a game on.
Oh for the days of jumpers for goal posts.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:59 pm

So it's the refs fault and not Mez's. Ref probably couldn't be arsed with the weather and fancied a night in :D but it's always Mez's fault isn't it :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum