{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Martin and Dean

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:13 am

broomo wrote:
Shep wrote:I like their commentary because you can play a game of word bingo while watching because they say the same things every week!

I listened to the away commentary a couple weeks ago and at least you can have a laugh with Martin and Dean!

Don’t listen to the haters guys! Dean, you keep whispering for no reason and Martin, I love it when you randomly shout the players name!


What a snidey post this is.

If you're going to have a pop at them, at least have the balls not to hide behind drivel like that.

Who the raspberry do you think you are ? Johnny Come Lately trots up and starts giving it the big one.

Do one.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 15178
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby Sneag » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:16 am

bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
Shep wrote:I like their commentary because you can play a game of word bingo while watching because they say the same things every week!

I listened to the away commentary a couple weeks ago and at least you can have a laugh with Martin and Dean!

Don’t listen to the haters guys! Dean, you keep whispering for no reason and Martin, I love it when you randomly shout the players name!


What a snidey post this is.

If you're going to have a pop at them, at least have the balls not to hide behind drivel like that.

Who the raspberry do you think you are ? Johnny Come Lately trots up and starts giving it the big one.

Do one.


Says the Pritti Patel of Stagsnet.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9496
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby fox in the box » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:42 am

People paying are allowed an opinion.

I think Martin is great - perhaps we need guest co commentators now and again though? Former players etc? It would give great insight into the game. Just a thought and by no means a dig.
fox in the box
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:44 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby broomo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:46 am

bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
Shep wrote:I like their commentary because you can play a game of word bingo while watching because they say the same things every week!

I listened to the away commentary a couple weeks ago and at least you can have a laugh with Martin and Dean!

Don’t listen to the haters guys! Dean, you keep whispering for no reason and Martin, I love it when you randomly shout the players name!



If you're going to have a pop at them, at least have the balls not to hide behind drivel like that.

Who the raspberry do you think you are ? Johnny Come Lately trots up and starts giving it the big one.

Do one.


There you go again quoting me.

It's got sod all to do with you but still you stick your oar in.

I can see me and you aren't going to get along so how about you take some of your own advice, leave me and my posts in peace and "do one"

Or just keep spitting feathers 'cos it offends you that I'm on here..
broomo
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:55 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:00 am

The One wrote:
Rob wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:Like alot of other things in life its all down to personal taste I guess....there are alot of commentators that I can't bare to listen to on sky, ITV etc doesn't mean there bad at commentary just not for me!.
Personally I find Martin's commo pretty decent but as I mentioned earlier in another thread dean's constant droning on tends to grate on me at times... No dis-respect to him at all... I'm sure he'd find lots of things I do that grate on him.
It's simply really... If you don't like it switch to the other teams commo... Job done!.
As a side note people need to remember that this is a message board for airing opinions NOT EVERYONE HAS THE SAME!!!


Yeah I guess watching illegal streams of MTFC instead of supporting the club would grate on him.

K
Ignore the thief, I do


Indeed like I say.. Different opinions, I'm sure Dean wouldn't like me not paying doesn't mean I can't comment on his drivel.
I think it's fine to watch free football on IPTV most people on here dont... Fair enough.
Keep on dragging out the old thief insult though if it makes you happy mate.
Gazmoose82
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:52 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:25 am

Maybe an idea could be to auction off a "3rd commentator" role. Fans bid to be a Co-commentator during a game with money going to the club in these times.

Or to make it a fairer to those who are facing financial hardship sell each home game as a raffle prize. This also would enable one fan to attend each game.

Win-win all round
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6989
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:34 am

broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
Shep wrote:I like their commentary because you can play a game of word bingo while watching because they say the same things every week!

I listened to the away commentary a couple weeks ago and at least you can have a laugh with Martin and Dean!

Don’t listen to the haters guys! Dean, you keep whispering for no reason and Martin, I love it when you randomly shout the players name!



If you're going to have a pop at them, at least have the balls not to hide behind drivel like that.

Who the raspberry do you think you are ? Johnny Come Lately trots up and starts giving it the big one.

Do one.


There you go again quoting me.

It's got sod all to do with you but still you stick your oar in.

I can see me and you aren't going to get along so how about you take some of your own advice, leave me and my posts in peace and "do one"

Or just keep spitting feathers 'cos it offends you that I'm on here..

I couldn’t give a raspberries about you. You rock up hear and start chucking it about. You’re not even a fan of the club.
PS. What has being thirsty got to do with anything ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 15178
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:35 am

Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
Shep wrote:I like their commentary because you can play a game of word bingo while watching because they say the same things every week!

I listened to the away commentary a couple weeks ago and at least you can have a laugh with Martin and Dean!

Don’t listen to the haters guys! Dean, you keep whispering for no reason and Martin, I love it when you randomly shout the players name!


What a snidey post this is.

If you're going to have a pop at them, at least have the balls not to hide behind drivel like that.

Who the raspberry do you think you are ? Johnny Come Lately trots up and starts giving it the big one.

Do one.


Says the Pritti Patel of Stagsnet.

Oh look. Politics. You boring raspberry
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 15178
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby broomo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:45 am

bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
Shep wrote:I like their commentary because you can play a game of word bingo while watching because they say the same things every week!

I listened to the away commentary a couple weeks ago and at least you can have a laugh with Martin and Dean!

Don’t listen to the haters guys! Dean, you keep whispering for no reason and Martin, I love it when you randomly shout the players name!



If you're going to have a pop at them, at least have the balls not to hide behind drivel like that.

Who the raspberry do you think you are ? Johnny Come Lately trots up and starts giving it the big one.

Do one.


There you go again quoting me.

It's got sod all to do with you but still you stick your oar in.

I can see me and you aren't going to get along so how about you take some of your own advice, leave me and my posts in peace and "do one"

Or just keep spitting feathers 'cos it offends you that I'm on here..

I couldn’t give a raspberries about you. You rock up hear and start chucking it about. You’re not even a fan of the club.
PS. What has being thirsty got to do with anything ?


Sorry oh wise one, I didn't know it was down to you to define who is and who isn't a fan.

I stand my ground against arseholes and keyboard warriors. They're usually either fat and old with a moustache and have never kicked a ball in their lives, or they're 15 years old and don't know any better.

I can see I'm going to have my work cut out. with you.
broomo
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:55 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby Sneag » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:47 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
Shep wrote:I like their commentary because you can play a game of word bingo while watching because they say the same things every week!

I listened to the away commentary a couple weeks ago and at least you can have a laugh with Martin and Dean!

Don’t listen to the haters guys! Dean, you keep whispering for no reason and Martin, I love it when you randomly shout the players name!


What a snidey post this is.

If you're going to have a pop at them, at least have the balls not to hide behind drivel like that.

Who the raspberry do you think you are ? Johnny Come Lately trots up and starts giving it the big one.

Do one.


Says the Pritti Patel of Stagsnet.

Oh look. Politics. You boring raspberry


No politics, just pointing out what a pathetic bully you are. Like Ms Patel.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9496
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:53 am

broomo wrote:[
Sorry oh wise one, I didn't know it was down to you to define who is and who isn't a fan.

I stand my ground against arseholes and keyboard warriors. They're usually either fat and old with a moustache and have never kicked a ball in their lives, or they're 15 years old and don't know any better.

I can see I'm going to have my work cut out. with you.


Calm your jets. Are you intimating that you’re an ex pro ? If you are, let us all know. Do you think that being a good player makes you the only one that can comment ? Let us know the standard that you played to, big man.

So, tell us your history big fella
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 15178
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:54 am

Sneag wrote:
No politics, just pointing out what a pathetic bully you are. Like Ms Patel.


Bully. Chortle. Get out more :D
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 15178
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby broomo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:18 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:[
Sorry oh wise one, I didn't know it was down to you to define who is and who isn't a fan.

I stand my ground against arseholes and keyboard warriors. They're usually either fat and old with a moustache and have never kicked a ball in their lives, or they're 15 years old and don't know any better.

I can see I'm going to have my work cut out. with you.


Calm your jets. Are you intimating that you’re an ex pro ? If you are, let us all know. Do you think that being a good player makes you the only one that can comment ? Let us know the standard that you played to, big man.

So, tell us your history big fella


I wasn't commenting on my own background, I was merely saying people who usually shout the loudest are the ones who got picked last in the playground, even after Susan and Sheila.

I won't be wasting my time explaining my footballing background to someone who has been looking for an argument with me since I got here, why should I?

To use another one of your quotes, who the raspberry do you think you are?
broomo
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:55 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:29 pm

Come on chaps. Give it a rest. We've got 3 people seemingly trying to get the last word in. It will never end.

So let's get our big boy boots on and leave it at that. Nobody has "won" because insults needed to be flung about so take the loss and move on with your Sunday morning.

Deal?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6989
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby broomo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:44 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Come on chaps. Give it a rest. We've got 3 people seemingly trying to get the last word in. It will never end.

So let's get our big boy boots on and leave it at that. Nobody has "won" because insults needed to be flung about so take the loss and move on with your Sunday morning.

Deal?



Fair point. I won't reply to him again.

Apologies for getting involved, I should know better by now.
broomo
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:55 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:07 pm

broomo wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Come on chaps. Give it a rest. We've got 3 people seemingly trying to get the last word in. It will never end.

So let's get our big boy boots on and leave it at that. Nobody has "won" because insults needed to be flung about so take the loss and move on with your Sunday morning.

Deal?



Fair point. I won't reply to him again.

Apologies for getting involved, I should know better by now.


Awwww. Bless you.

Snidy :coys:
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 15178
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby bear 73 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:36 pm

Well well how can comments on Martin and Dean cause such conflict, just having a go at some one, and do one sound petty, anyone supporting Mansfield Town is a fan.
having a village mentality went out when trains were invented, Putting a successful team onto the pitch,and hoping the fan base grows, are what is important to the club
money is needed for a successful club, so telling new supporters to do one not the brightest thing to do. If you cannot replace what we have then Martin and Dean will do for me
listen to Raidio Nottm on Mansfield Town, i cant get the match on there,so living life in League 2,and having to pay for commentary a big thank you Martin and Dean
bear 73
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:01 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby broomo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:48 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Come on chaps. Give it a rest. We've got 3 people seemingly trying to get the last word in. It will never end.

So let's get our big boy boots on and leave it at that. Nobody has "won" because insults needed to be flung about so take the loss and move on with your Sunday morning.

Deal?



Fair point. I won't reply to him again.

Apologies for getting involved, I should know better by now.


Awwww. Bless you.

Snidy :coys:


Ah well lads. I tried.

Listen sunshine, if you're going to keep dishing it out, I can play that game all day long. I've stood up to posters like you my whole football forum life.

First of all if you're going to insult me, at least spell it right, otherwise you just look silly. It's SNIDEY, not snidy.

Secondly what are you? If I had to guess I'd say you worked somewhere you weren't used to people answering back or standing their ground and if they did, you'd shout and scream and look to belittle them in front of others?

Am I close?

Stop it, it's not big and it's not clever.

*to board admin and fellow posters, sorry I'm arguing but I won't have someone attempt to bully me off the board after a week.

Is there a block or ignore user function?
broomo
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:55 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby The One » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:58 pm

broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Come on chaps. Give it a rest. We've got 3 people seemingly trying to get the last word in. It will never end.

So let's get our big boy boots on and leave it at that. Nobody has "won" because insults needed to be flung about so take the loss and move on with your Sunday morning.

Deal?



Fair point. I won't reply to him again.

Apologies for getting involved, I should know better by now.


Awwww. Bless you.

Snidy :coys:


Ah well lads. I tried.

Listen sunshine, if you're going to keep dishing it out, I can play that game all day long. I've stood up to posters like you my whole football forum life.

First of all if you're going to insult me, at least spell it right, otherwise you just look silly. It's SNIDEY, not snidy.

Secondly what are you? If I had to guess I'd say you worked somewhere you weren't used to people answering back or standing their ground and if they did, you'd shout and scream and look to belittle them in front of others?

Am I close?

Stop it, it's not big and it's not clever.

*to board admin and fellow posters, sorry I'm arguing but I won't have someone attempt to bully me off the board after a week.

Is there a block or ignore user function?


Yes go to settings
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11885
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby Tess Tickle » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:03 pm

What’s gone off?
Tess Tickle
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:22 am

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:04 pm

Broomo, you are a welcome new supporter and part of the Stagsnet family.

Having the odd spat with Belly is kind of a right of passage that most of us have been through over the years.

To be fair to him though, he has supported the club for decades and will continue to do so long after both Cloughie (and you) has moved on.

Instead of fanning the flames, just ignore the stuff he says that you don't agree with and engage with the stuff you find worthwhile.

That's what the rest of us do with each other*, and occasionally we find common ground.

I even found myself agreeing with Dan once! :shock: :lol:

*Most of the time!
Everything Is Borrowed
User avatar
kevin kents tasce
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:04 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby broomo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:47 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:Broomo, you are a welcome new supporter and part of the Stagsnet family.

Having the odd spat with Belly is kind of a right of passage that most of us have been through over the years.

To be fair to him though, he has supported the club for decades and will continue to do so long after both Cloughie (and you) has moved on.

Instead of fanning the flames, just ignore the stuff he says that you don't agree with and engage with the stuff you find worthwhile.

That's what the rest of us do with each other*, and occasionally we find common ground.

I even found myself agreeing with Dan once! :shock: :lol:

*Most of the time!


The daft thing is, if he gave me time to get my feet under the table and he loves the club aa much as you say (therefore presumably defends the players, manager and owners to the hilt) he'd probably find me singing from the same hymn sheet as him.

It's the garbage "you're not one of us" so you're not entitled to an opinion that sets my back up.

I can't help the fact I'm not a lifelong Mansfield fan, my upbringing means I'm loyal to Nigel but what I can guarantee is that from the second I knew he was comimg, straight away I immersed myself into all things Mansfield Town, studied the squad of players and started watching the opposition. There won't be anyone on here who wants success for you more than I want success for you.

Football is my life. I spend an awful lot of time watching and researching and I want to come on here and be able to post freely, based on the honest view of how I see things. To have those views dismissed just because I haven't been a Mansfield fan my whole life, is frankly pathetic.

Also if everyone has to go through this rite of passage with Belly, then maybe Belly needs to ask himself why.

I'll show him the same level of respect he shows me, which so far is zero. Maybe we just got off on the wrong foot and things will get better the longer I'm here.

COYS's.
broomo
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:55 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:18 pm

Making friends again I see belly
Gazmoose82
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:52 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:21 pm

broomo wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:Broomo, you are a welcome new supporter and part of the Stagsnet family.

Having the odd spat with Belly is kind of a right of passage that most of us have been through over the years.

To be fair to him though, he has supported the club for decades and will continue to do so long after both Cloughie (and you) has moved on.

Instead of fanning the flames, just ignore the stuff he says that you don't agree with and engage with the stuff you find worthwhile.

That's what the rest of us do with each other*, and occasionally we find common ground.

I even found myself agreeing with Dan once! :shock: :lol:

*Most of the time!


The daft thing is, if he gave me time to get my feet under the table and he loves the club aa much as you say (therefore presumably defends the players, manager and owners to the hilt) he'd probably find me singing from the same hymn sheet as him.

It's the garbage "you're not one of us" so you're not entitled to an opinion that sets my back up.

I can't help the fact I'm not a lifelong Mansfield fan, my upbringing means I'm loyal to Nigel but what I can guarantee is that from the second I knew he was comimg, straight away I immersed myself into all things Mansfield Town, studied the squad of players and started watching the opposition. There won't be anyone on here who wants success for you more than I want success for you.

Football is my life. I spend an awful lot of time watching and researching and I want to come on here and be able to post freely, based on the honest view of how I see things. To have those views dismissed just because I haven't been a Mansfield fan my whole life, is frankly pathetic.

Also if everyone has to go through this rite of passage with Belly, then maybe Belly needs to ask himself why.

I'll show him the same level of respect he shows me, which so far is zero. Maybe we just got off on the wrong foot and things will get better the longer I'm here.

COYS's.

Welcome aboard Broomo. You don’t need to be a lifelong supporter like most of us. You support us and that’s all that matters!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3892
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby bear 73 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:22 pm

Hi broomo settling in i see, should be good, when things start settling down, and Clough has some bad results with injurys and loss of form, and has to shake things up.
young belly seems augmentative, and you bite, naughty naughty.got a feeling theirs going to be some fiesty , and hopefully constructive debates to come,, when the honey moon is over.
Just a point of order Derby and Burton are now bottom of their respective leagues, i know we wish Burton well,and Derby well we knew it was going downhill and it only cost £160 million to make it take this long before it went belly up, Any way settling in and a lot of good lads here. , and hoping events on the field can push start a push up the leagues,,
Hope all is well. And looking forward to match days when they return
bear 73
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:01 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kernow, Martin Shaw, Tippy Tappy Football and 28 guests