{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Wrexham Game Selected For Sky

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Wrexham Game Selected For Sky

Postby scotsstag » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:17 am

Costastag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Costastag wrote:
DE STAG wrote:I assume this match will still be available to watch live on iFollow?

Nope Televised matches cant be seen on ifollow



Not in UK, but it will overseas, see my earlier post:

Clarification: Sky live games are available for broadcast on iFollow overseas https://ifollow.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ar ... watch-live

Yeah saw that after id posted thanks martin ,fortunately got a dodgy sky system as well :D

You shouldn't need your dodgy sky, available for you abroad on iFollow.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:43 am
Location: SCOTLAND

Re: Wrexham Game Selected For Sky

Postby robeyre » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:09 pm

Son Of Sherwood wrote:It would be nice to have a re-run of 1978!

Thousands of Staggies, Ernie Moss with his last minute winner, loads of Crystal Palace fans cheering us on and, after the final whistle, being crowned Champions,

Glorious memories that I hope a new generation can enjoy

:coys:

Thanks for the reminded of a great day.
Was really strange having 3 sets of fans. When I first saw the Palace fans climbing over the fence separating us I thought the worst. They were just wanting to celebrate with us. Proper football.
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Wrexham Game Selected For Sky

Postby Costastag » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:43 pm

scotsstag wrote:
Costastag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Costastag wrote:
DE STAG wrote:I assume this match will still be available to watch live on iFollow?

Nope Televised matches cant be seen on ifollow



Not in UK, but it will overseas, see my earlier post:

Clarification: Sky live games are available for broadcast on iFollow overseas https://ifollow.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ar ... watch-live

Yeah saw that after id posted thanks martin ,fortunately got a dodgy sky system as well :D

You shouldn't need your dodgy sky, available for you abroad on iFollow.

No i know but its a belt and braces situation :D
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:47 am

Re: Wrexham Game Selected For Sky

Postby georgefostersbeard » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:15 pm

I see the President of the FA has been to Wrexham today everyone that
The future King said Wrexham was every football fan's second club as he downed a shot of whiskey and pulled a pint in the supporters' home bar - and joked it needed time to settle.

"It's a great success story you're building here, everything you've started and achieved it's fantastic, so onwards and upwards - it's exciting," he said.

"And anyone who's a true football fan wants to see you do well."


Time for him to go - utter nonsense
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
User avatar
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6336
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Wrexham Game Selected For Sky

Postby Sneag » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:08 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:I see the President of the FA has been to Wrexham today everyone that
The future King said Wrexham was every football fan's second club as he downed a shot of whiskey and pulled a pint in the supporters' home bar - and joked it needed time to settle.

"It's a great success story you're building here, everything you've started and achieved it's fantastic, so onwards and upwards - it's exciting," he said.

"And anyone who's a true football fan wants to see you do well."


Time for him to go - utter nonsense


We need a Republic. ;)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14120
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Wrexham Game Selected For Sky

Postby vicar_jeremiah » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:39 pm

bizarre statement from William but the best thing to do is put 5 past Wrexham
vicar_jeremiah
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:37 pm

Re: Wrexham Game Selected For Sky

Postby Costastag » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:50 pm

chimneyboy wrote:bizarre statement from William but the best thing to do is put 5 past Wrexham

He is the prince of wales ,but yep got no time for any of them
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:47 am

Re: Wrexham Game Selected For Sky

Postby Johnny Rotten » Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:19 pm

In a promotion season in the past didn't we play Easter Friday (it was definitely Easter) away to promotion rivals (Looton), got stuffed (5-2?) but it had no detrimental effect on the outcome?

Still recall Pilkington furious at Corden for conceding a penalty in front of us and him whacking the ball of his head as he was sat distraught on the floor!
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
User avatar
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2435
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:54 pm
Location: St Paul's Cray, Orpington, Kent

Re: Wrexham Game Selected For Sky

Postby Stoney » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:01 pm

Sky's new 5 year deal kicks in next season I believe giving us more games on the telly but it's going to annoy a lot of supporters.

In a football league division there are 552 games over the full season (excluding play offs). 248 of those games are going to be on the television and the 3pm black out is still in place meaning the games on telly can't kick off at 3pm.

Some of those will be midweek fixtures but I reckon at least 170 weekend games are going to be altered to early or late kick offs on Saturdays for at least the next 5 years.

At a rough guess I'd say Stags will have around 6 to 8 weekend games a season changed from the usual Saturday 3pm.
Stoney
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4146
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:25 pm
Location: Bolsover.

Re: Wrexham Game Selected For Sky

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:19 pm

Stoney wrote:Sky's new 5 year deal kicks in next season I believe giving us more games on the telly but it's going to annoy a lot of supporters.

In a football league division there are 552 games over the full season (excluding play offs). 248 of those games are going to be on the television and the 3pm black out is still in place meaning the games on telly can't kick off at 3pm.

Some of those will be midweek fixtures but I reckon at least 170 weekend games are going to be altered to early or late kick offs on Saturdays for at least the next 5 years.

At a rough guess I'd say Stags will have around 6 to 8 weekend games a season changed from the usual Saturday 3pm.

see this thread ---> Subject: EFL announces broadcasting deal with Sky Sports

Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:There is a lot in here to unpack. This is how I interpret it:

the 3-5pm Saturday blackout remains

every Saturday, 2 or 3 League Two games will be moved for Sky. So by my calculations, every 4-6 weeks, a Saturday game for each club will be moved from 3pm Saturday.

plus all midweek games will be shown on Sky and all games on international weekend

Continued...

League Two clubs will receive an extra 25% from the TV deal compared to the current deal.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 29111
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: West London

Re: Wrexham Game Selected For Sky

Postby Stoney » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:30 pm

Thanks Martin, I am sure that thread or a new one with the same topic will come back to life when the fixtures are announced and games are being moved by Sky to early/late kick offs or even to Fridays or Sundays.

I hope Sky are considerate and don't make us kick off at Exeter away at 12:30 for example!

Are you still going to be commentating for iFollow?
Stoney
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4146
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:25 pm
Location: Bolsover.

Re: Wrexham Game Selected For Sky

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:42 pm

Yes, iFollow commentary continues, see
Martin Shaw wrote:
"Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services."

So I interpret this as:
Overseas viewers will still be able to view matches via iFollow.
In the UK, Saturday 3pm games will be iFollow audio only.
Midweek and other Sky games will be on Sky with Sky commentary, while UK iFollow would be audio only.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 29111
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: West London

Re: Wrexham Game Selected For Sky

Postby ParisStag » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:56 am

Wonder if they'll mention our two title-winning games against Wrexham. Doubt it.
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6327
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Wrexham Game Selected For Sky

Postby oldweststander » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:26 am

ParisStag wrote:Wonder if they'll mention our two title-winning games against Wrexham. Doubt it.


I was there too.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5435
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Wrexham Game Selected For Sky

Postby ParisStag » Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:20 am

oldweststander wrote:
ParisStag wrote:Wonder if they'll mention our two title-winning games against Wrexham. Doubt it.


I was there too.


I was at the conference winning one. Think my dad was at the '76 one. Didn't we take 4000 fans or something like that?
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6327
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Wrexham Game Selected For Sky

Postby MansfieldMick » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:03 pm

ParisStag wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
ParisStag wrote:Wonder if they'll mention our two title-winning games against Wrexham. Doubt it.


I was there too.


I was at the conference winning one. Think my dad was at the '76 one. Didn't we take 4000 fans or something like that?

We did, over 4000 Stags there, still my greatest and best away day EVER. MK Dons being the worse.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Wrexham Game Selected For Sky

Postby Class of 02 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:26 am

Martin Shaw wrote:Yes, iFollow commentary continues, see
Martin Shaw wrote:
"Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services."

So I interpret this as:
Overseas viewers will still be able to view matches via iFollow.
In the UK, Saturday 3pm games will be iFollow audio only.
Midweek and other Sky games will be on Sky with Sky commentary, while UK iFollow would be audio only.


Genuine question Martin, but how come this is still a 3.00pm kick off? I know it's Good Friday but I thought that televised games had to avoid three o clock kicks offs when there's a full league programme?
Class of 02
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:19 pm

Re: Wrexham Game Selected For Sky

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:29 am

Class of 02 wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:Yes, iFollow commentary continues, see
Martin Shaw wrote:
"Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services."

So I interpret this as:
Overseas viewers will still be able to view matches via iFollow.
In the UK, Saturday 3pm games will be iFollow audio only.
Midweek and other Sky games will be on Sky with Sky commentary, while UK iFollow would be audio only.


Genuine question Martin, but how come this is still a 3.00pm kick off? I know it's Good Friday but I thought that televised games had to avoid three o clock kicks offs when there's a full league programme?


Not sure of the answer but will be a good day for the armchair fan, as there are championship games on at 12:30, 17:30 and 20:00 too.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 13681
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: Wrexham Game Selected For Sky

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:34 pm

Class of 02 wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:Yes, iFollow commentary continues, see
Martin Shaw wrote:
"Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services."

So I interpret this as:
Overseas viewers will still be able to view matches via iFollow.
In the UK, Saturday 3pm games will be iFollow audio only.
Midweek and other Sky games will be on Sky with Sky commentary, while UK iFollow would be audio only.


Genuine question Martin, but how come this is still a 3.00pm kick off? I know it's Good Friday but I thought that televised games had to avoid three o clock kicks offs when there's a full league programme?

The blackout is Saturdays 2.45-5.15.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 29111
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: West London

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adamr999, adamstag, bobbystagsfan, Clockworktarzan, geoffhill, Leigh5t, M E, Martin Shaw, patstag, Rob, Roger_Sausage, Sneag, Tomwh, wink68 and 164 guests