{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season Tickets - 5,171 sold, cap of 6,000 set

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season Tickets - over 4,300 sold - new interest-free opt

Postby Rob » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:52 pm

Dan wrote:I don’t think we can get a grant for it because ‘he’ couldn’t get a grant for it which is why he tried to burn it down (allegedly). It will cost a lot more than Lincoln’s stand because theirs was already there whereas ours will need digging out and a lot of concrete filling in to get it up to pitch level etc. I bet you’d be looking at £3-4 million at least.

We do already have a stand there Dan :lol: but yes I know what you mean.

I don't think it will cost more if we keep it basic, the new Stacey West is 2 tier and will be fitted out inside, we don't need that. I'm pretty sure the grants are new and as long as you are building a new stand you pretty much qualify.

However, sadly I do agree that I just can't see us doing it, there has never been a better time than now and I suspect we'll look back on this time with much regret.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:56 am

Having worked on the logistics side of construction products, I feel that it’s a tricky one. There is no way everything could all really be tackled from the end of Lord St or Bishop St; many of the operations/site facilities would have to be accessed/undertaken/stored etc pitch-side.

With the playing surface in use between Aug - May and the Mez needing June/July to prepare for the season ahead each summer, it won’t be that easy if we remain at Field Mill during the work.
Reg Holdsworth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:34 am

Reg Holdsworth wrote:Having worked on the logistics side of construction products, I feel that it’s a tricky one. There is no way everything could all really be tackled from the end of Lord St or Bishop St; many of the operations/site facilities would have to be accessed/undertaken/stored etc pitch-side.

With the playing surface in use between Aug - May and the Mez needing June/July to prepare for the season ahead each summer, it won’t be that easy if we remain at Field Mill during the work.

Wouldn't they build a temporary access road from the QLE to the right of the stand and past the groundsmans hut?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:03 am

Rob wrote:
Reg Holdsworth wrote:Having worked on the logistics side of construction products, I feel that it’s a tricky one. There is no way everything could all really be tackled from the end of Lord St or Bishop St; many of the operations/site facilities would have to be accessed/undertaken/stored etc pitch-side.

Wouldn't they build a temporary access road from the QLE to the right of the stand and past the groundsmans hut?

That would make complete sense, but then lorries, cranes, bulldozers etc that drive along this road will need to work, turn around, manoeuvre etc and the distance between the existing construction and touch line are so close together I fear they’d inevitably and extensively utilise the eastern side of the playing surface for operations ….and risking the pitch becoming completely unplayable quite quickly.

Fortunately we have a builder on the Board and so if there is a way I’m sure Steve H will know far more than my former remit.
Reg Holdsworth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:43 am

Reg, as a layman of these things I'm genuinely intregued - how do they go about building these huge tower blocks on a postage stamp of land in busy city centres?
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:49 pm

Reg Holdsworth wrote:
Rob wrote:

That would make complete sense, but then lorries, cranes, bulldozers etc that drive along this road will need to work, turn around, manoeuvre etc and the distance between the existing construction and touch line are so close together I fear they’d inevitably and extensively utilise the eastern side of the playing surface for operations ….and risking the pitch becoming completely unplayable quite quickly.

Fortunately we have a builder on the Board and so if there is a way I’m sure Steve H will know far more than my former remit.

Liverpool have got christ knows how many cranes on their pitch lifting an old stand roof of without damaging the pitch for a 7k expansion project so its easily doable
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:01 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Reg, as a layman of these things I'm genuinely intregued - how do they go about building these huge tower blocks on a postage stamp of land in busy city centres?

Good question! Often with difficulty, but always where it’s completely technically feasible. i.e. What you don’t generally see are the studies of sites that were deemed impossible (and thus the attempted builds that never succeeded).

We’re looking at a very specific solution at a very specific location. If we could site the project anywhere in, say, North Nottinghamshire a different site would possibly be chosen. And built there; in the same a new tower block site is chosen.

But it’s certainly not impossible with it being a relatively small build - just a little more complex than maybe some comments above might suggest.
Reg Holdsworth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Costastag » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:22 pm

Reg Holdsworth wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Reg, as a layman of these things I'm genuinely intregued - how do they go about building these huge tower blocks on a postage stamp of land in busy city centres?

Good question! Often with difficulty, but always where it’s completely technically feasible. i.e. What you don’t generally see are the studies of sites that were deemed impossible (and thus the attempted builds that never succeeded).

We’re looking at a very specific solution at a very specific location. If we could site the project anywhere in, say, North Nottinghamshire a different site would possibly be chosen. And built there; in the same a new tower block site is chosen.

But it’s certainly not impossible with it being a relatively small build - just a little more complex than maybe some comments above might suggest.

Ok easily doable might be a bit of an exaggeration
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:05 pm

Costastag wrote:
Reg Holdsworth wrote:

Without the need to keep the pitch in pristine condition for our upcoming title winning promotion season, you’re right, it would be an absolute piece of cake!!
Reg Holdsworth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:22 pm

How feasible would it be to fill in the corners?

Having said that though, we would technically go from having 3 stands to just the one. :lol:

Extra food kiosks, toilets and a proper club shop on the corner.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:35 pm

Reg Holdsworth wrote:
Costastag wrote:
Reg Holdsworth wrote:

Without the need to keep the pitch in pristine condition for our upcoming title winning promotion season, you’re right, it would be an absolute piece of cake!!

Like i said earlier liverpool have got cranes on their pitch to lift the roof off the anfield road stand thats a massive project if we cant get some steelwork and concrete into our ground were doing something wrong
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:43 pm

Costastag wrote:
Reg Holdsworth wrote:
Costastag wrote:
Reg Holdsworth wrote:

Like i said earlier liverpool have got cranes on their pitch to lift the roof off the anfield road stand thats a massive project if we cant get some steelwork and concrete into our ground were doing something wrong

I suppose it depends on how much you want to spend to achieve your aims. I’m sure the way Liverpool are protecting their pitch wouldn’t come cheap and 7,000 extra at Premier League prices will bring a much larger return.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:58 pm

Reg Holdsworth wrote:
Costastag wrote:
Reg Holdsworth wrote:

That side of the pich would recover quickly is my point
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:14 pm

Rob wrote:

One of the big issues is regards to the water sprinklers that water the pitch.

The large water tanks and water pumps are next to the Bish behind the wall and they will need relocating and that will not be cheap.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:01 pm

That is by far and away the best excuse for not building a new stand, giant water bottle will have to be moved :lol:
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:06 pm

The only way to do it properly, is to move the west stand onto new foundations , which are set back from their present position. Everything else would be a waste of time.Either that ,or build a new ground where the old training pitch and five a side courts are.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:04 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:The only way to do it properly, is to move the west stand onto new foundations , which are set back from their present position. Everything else would be a waste of time.Either that ,or build a new ground where the old training pitch and five a side courts are.

I can't ever see that happening, simply because if we moved the position of the ground, then the whole "Oldest professional ground in the world" tag wouldn't technically be true anymore.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:00 am

Just build in the corners, it makes far more sense.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:11 am

There’s only one corner you could build in and they won’t do that as it means home fans getting closer to the away fans.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:51 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:58 am

Dan wrote:There’s only one corner you could build in and they won’t do that as it means home fans getting closer to the away fans.

Why couldn't the QLE corner be done Dan? It'd be a great opportunity to build a new club shop/dressing rooms/ offices etc.

They don't even lower the floodlights any more for maintenance. They were doing that actual corner off of cherry picker last Monday morning.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:12 am

Maybe the solution is to ground share for a season, whilst the work is done properly.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:16 am

Amber Andy wrote:Maybe the solution is to ground share for a season, whilst the work is done properly.

I can see that going down well :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:45 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Dan wrote:There’s only one corner you could build in and they won’t do that as it means home fans getting closer to the away fans.

Why couldn't the QLE corner be done Dan? It'd be a great opportunity to build a new club shop/dressing rooms/ offices etc.

They don't even lower the floodlights any more for maintenance. They were doing that actual corner off of cherry picker last Monday morning.

It’s not the long term plan, but it would be the easiest for me.

As you say, do up the club shop to boot and then go over the tunnel.

Who’s to say that the IG stand couldn’t be done 2 tiers in that top corner (appreciate it would look a little odd)

But even if it adds another 500-1,000 it might do the trick.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:48 am

Surely the least disruptive option would be to just knock down the existing satand and make it a terrace.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum