{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season Tickets - 5,171 sold, cap of 6,000 set

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season Tickets - over 4,000 sold -early bird ends Fri 9

Postby Dave Wayne » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:01 pm

Pitkin wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Pitkin wrote:I'm struggling to get on to renew online, can someone post the link please?

https://mansfieldtownfc.ktckts.com/pack ... ket-202324

see also previous posts from Pete:

Subject: Season Tickets - over 4,000 sold -early bird ends Fri 9 June

part time pete wrote:
Laney_MTFC wrote:Sorry if this has been asked.

My seat from last season is greyed out, is that because i have so long to renew my seat? or has someone else already taken it? Thank you in advance

It’s because that seat is reserved for yourself until 9th June. If you want to buy it, click on the top right of the page and the reservation booking appears. Then just click that and you can buy your ticket.

part time pete wrote:
Brough wrote:What can I do regarding renewing my R block seats and adding two more. R block showing no seats available?

Go to your account and log in. Go to reservations in top right corner. Then renew your seat at the early bird price. However if you want two more in R block you will have to wait until 9th June to see if some folk have not renewed.

A visit to ticket office might be better to discuss about buying two more at early bird price as from 9th June the price will increase.

Thanks guys, been abroad a few days.....one final question, is the green indicating its unsold and grey purchased?
And the black band around? Apologies , but I can't find the key/legend

Green is available.
Grey is sold.
Grey with black band is reserved for previous year ST holder.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:23 pm

Up to 4300 sold, looks like everyone left it until the last minute.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:24 pm

Got to be looking at the club record again now surely
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:25 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Up to 4300 sold, looks like everyone left it until the last minute.

Or weren’t in a rush to hand over cash during pressured times…
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:28 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
The One wrote:
Rob wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:There’s obviously lots of factors behind peoples decision to renew. It would be interesting to know the percentage of sales which are renewals compared with new purchasers.

Attendances post Covid are up at almost all EFL clubs. I doubt anyone (bar 2) bought a ST just because Clough was manager. I'd also love to see a proper breakdown of the ST sales, as I would actual attendances, I don't quite understand why it's such a big secret. Still, regardless of how many are freebies, it's still great support from the fans after such a disappointing season.

EFL attendances at a 70 year low

they are at a 70 year high.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65855048

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ooooooooooosh
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:35 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Up to 4300 sold, looks like everyone left it until the last minute.

Or weren’t in a rush to hand over cash during pressured times…

It wasn’t a criticism, I renewed mine today for the same reason.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:54 pm

Must be all those extra fans coming to specially just see nigel :lol:

Either way, being serious it’s a belting effort
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:12 pm

Bishop Street.

Build it and they will come.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:30 pm

adamstag wrote:Must be all those extra fans coming to specially just see nigel :lol:

Either way, being serious it’s a belting effort

Nobody is saying that Adam, people are suggesting that he plays his part in attracting punters - amongst several other factors. If folks thought he and his team were crap then the sales would be much less promising.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:57 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby part time pete » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:21 pm

Pitkin wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Pitkin wrote:I'm struggling to get on to renew online, can someone post the link please?

https://mansfieldtownfc.ktckts.com/pack ... ket-202324

see also previous posts from Pete:

part time pete wrote:
Laney_MTFC wrote:Sorry if this has been asked.

My seat from last season is greyed out, is that because i have so long to renew my seat? or has someone else already taken it? Thank you in advance

It’s because that seat is reserved for yourself until 9th June. If you want to buy it, click on the top right of the page and the reservation booking appears. Then just click that and you can buy your ticket.

part time pete wrote:
Brough wrote:What can I do regarding renewing my R block seats and adding two more. R block showing no seats available?

Go to your account and log in. Go to reservations in top right corner. Then renew your seat at the early bird price. However if you want two more in R block you will have to wait until 9th June to see if some folk have not renewed.

A visit to ticket office might be better to discuss about buying two more at early bird price as from 9th June the price will increase.

Thanks guys, been abroad a few days.....one final question, is the green indicating its unsold and grey purchased?
And the black band around? Apologies , but I can't find the key/legend

Green are available and the grey are unavailable at the moment. Not sure if the black band around is sold or not available until after midnight tonight.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Re: Season Tickets - over 4,300 sold -early bird ends Fri 9

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:23 pm

It’s the latter I think Pete, as mine had a band around before I renewed and is now grey.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:24 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

That is class.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:39 pm

You know what, with the new payment scheme from tomorrow and two months until the kick off, 5000 isn't impossible.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:01 pm

Fantastic effort so far.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:25 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:You know what, with the new payment scheme from tomorrow and two months until the kick off, 5000 isn't impossible.

In reference to your earlier point, my point was that it’s odd that so many have returned despite the dire home form last season which many regulars, like you and i thought would put of the “newer” fans

Given that numbers have increased in general across the board i still think the numbers are amazing - if si many return being served questionable fare at home - imagine the potential if we do succeed.

we’re moving in the right direction
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:20 am

I think the prices have got a lot to do with it as they are excellent value.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:36 am

adamstag wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:You know what, with the new payment scheme from tomorrow and two months until the kick off, 5000 isn't impossible.

In reference to your earlier point, my point was that it’s odd that so many have returned despite the dire home form last season which many regulars, like you and i thought would put of the “newer” fans

Given that numbers have increased in general across the board i still think the numbers are amazing - if si many return being served questionable fare at home - imagine the potential if we do succeed.

we’re moving in the right direction

I would hardly call last seasons home for dire. Average, but not dire. Certainly incomparable to at least 15 of the last 20 seasons for quality.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby pemill » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:38 am

I've renewed mine because I'm a Stags fan, most certainly not because I'm a Clough fan.

I would love to see the Stags pushing for auto promotion and I hope Clough can get us in that position and not waste our time living in hope that he can.

We should have been doing that last year, not messing around hoping for other teams to slip up so we could scrape into the last play-off spot.

New season ahead, new optimism, I'm ready
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:24 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Season Tickets - over 4,300 sold - new interest-free opt

Postby part time pete » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:29 am

Just looked at ticket site and in block N (just behind red seats in upper west) there are now 16 seats available, all single seats. Yesterday all block N was greyed out. So only 16 not renewed.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:45 am

Captain Cunno wrote:Ok so say we shift another 500 early birds today which is not out of the question taking the total to 4500 and although probably unachievable what if the instalment ST went down a storm and we sold another 2000 of that ticket.

At total of 6500 season tickets leaving 400 spare seats for matchday....

Is there a limit you have to have available for match day or could be actually just sell 6900 ST
?

Nobody know the answer to this?
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:14 am

Captain Cunno wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:Ok so say we shift another 500 early birds today which is not out of the question taking the total to 4500 and although probably unachievable what if the instalment ST went down a storm and we sold another 2000 of that ticket.

Is there a limit you have to have available for match day or could be actually just sell 6900 ST
?

I'm sure we won't reach 6,900 season ticket holders, or indeed 6,500.

I suspect it's up to each club to decide what they would do if there was sufficient demand.

In the Premier League, plenty of clubs have a waiting list for season tickets, as demand exceeds supply. I don't know where they set the maximum.

I don't know what happens at lower league level.

To try to get an answer to your question for the general case, I thought I'd try asking chatgpt :lol: , and this is what he/she said:

Q: in a football ground, can the whole ground be season ticket holders?

AI: Hello! While it's technically possible for an entire football ground to be sold as season tickets, it's highly unlikely. Most football clubs typically sell a certain percentage of their total seats as season tickets, while the rest are sold on a game-by-game basis or reserved for other purposes such as corporate hospitality or away fans. However, it ultimately depends on the specific stadium's seating capacity and the demand for season tickets from fans.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:25 am

Captain Cunno wrote:

?

I'll have a guess.

We can sell every seat as a season ticket. Just every game will be sold out to home fans.

We need to keep 10% (I think it was 10% someone will correct me if wrong) to sell on matchdays to avoid it being all ticket and allow "walk-ups". so 690 tickets kept behind ready to be released if we sell out the "advance" tickets or released on matchday for walk-ups. If we release the 10% to advance tickets and make it all ticket we aren't allowed to sell any on the day.

after deducting the 690 "on the day" tickets off of 6900 we have 6210 "advance tickets". Deduct season tickets (4300 at the time of posting) to leave us with 1910 "advance tickets" to sell online and in the ticket office before the game.

now if we sell over 6210 season tickets (or whatever the precise figure is) then every game would be made all ticket because we couldn't reserve enough tickets to sell on matchday.

I would assume that the club might have an upper limit of season ticket numbers. More profit on a walk up/advance match ticket than a season ticket holder.

I can't remember if this is a EFL rule or if it's a SAG restriction as to why we do this.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Re: Season Tickets - over 4,300 sold - new interest-free opt

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:36 am

Thanks for answers guys and chat gpt's answer :lol:

I know it's very unlikely we reach that number of ST sales but its brilliant to even discuss what would happen if we do....

Who would have thought we would ever get to the stage where we could potentially out grow our ground while still in league 2...

I think we will top 5k ST without a doubt so will be a struggle to get a ticket for home games without one if we start well..

Exciting times I guess

:coys:
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum