{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season Tickets - 5,171 sold, cap of 6,000 set

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season Tickets - over 4,000 sold -early bird ends Fri 9

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:04 am

Whatever the reasons, what a time to be a Stags fan. I can only see positives around the club.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:37 am

Be nice if we could mark end of early bird with a signing
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:41 am

Rob wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:There’s obviously lots of factors behind peoples decision to renew. It would be interesting to know the percentage of sales which are renewals compared with new purchasers.

Attendances post Covid are up at almost all EFL clubs. I doubt anyone (bar 2) bought a ST just because Clough was manager. I'd also love to see a proper breakdown of the ST sales, as I would actual attendances, I don't quite understand why it's such a big secret. Still, regardless of how many are freebies, it's still great support from the fans after such a disappointing season.

Good to see Covid 19 brought something positive.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:54 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:He's part of the reason we've got ours again, and we like our seats.

Same here, I had to miss quite a lot of last season through family issues but if Clough had gone at end of season I probably would not have renewed
Still may have to miss a few this season but happy to support the club by renewing and I also like my seat
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:09 pm

What is the maximum number of home seats available for a game ?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:20 pm

Rob wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:There’s obviously lots of factors behind peoples decision to renew. It would be interesting to know the percentage of sales which are renewals compared with new purchasers.

Attendances post Covid are up at almost all EFL clubs. I doubt anyone (bar 2) bought a ST just because Clough was manager. I'd also love to see a proper breakdown of the ST sales, as I would actual attendances, I don't quite understand why it's such a big secret. Still, regardless of how many are freebies, it's still great support from the fans after such a disappointing season.

Yeah I agree, My Dad has agreed to renew at the last minute despite not being a fan of Clough, I know a few others who’ve done the same. I would’ve renewed whatever the situation personally.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:21 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:What is the maximum number of home seats available for a game ?

Isn't it about 6500? Should be around 7500 but we can never use full capacity for some unknown SAG restrictions that seem to be ever present - must be something to do with Field Mill being an absolute mess of a rebuild, maybe.

When it was built it was quoted as: West Stand - 5500; QLE - 1950; North Stand - 1950 (I think)
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:33 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:What is the maximum number of home seats available for a game ?

Isn't it about 6500? Should be around 7500 but we can never use full capacity for some unknown SAG restrictions that seem to be ever present - must be something to do with Field Mill being an absolute mess of a rebuild, maybe.

When it was built it was quoted as: West Stand - 5500; QLE - 1950; North Stand - 1950 (I think)

It's 6900, as per the Forest Green game just over a year ago
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:42 pm

Ok so say we shift another 500 early birds today which is not out of the question taking the total to 4500 and although probably unachievable what if the instalment ST went down a storm and we sold another 2000 of that ticket.

At total of 6500 season tickets leaving 400 spare seats for matchday....

Is there a limit you have to have available for match day or could be actually just sell 6900 ST
?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby WorthingStag » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:12 pm

Sadly won’t be one of the 4000, work commitments make it difficult for me to attend many home games. I will get to as many away games as possible, and I’m looking forward to Accrington away (one of the 92 I’ve not visited). It’s gonna be a tough division next season, both Wrexham and Notts County will be competitive, but I honestly believe that we’ll have a squad to match any other team in the league. :mtfc:
WorthingStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:16 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:

Yeah I agree, My Dad has agreed to renew at the last minute despite not being a fan of Clough, I know a few others who’ve done the same. I would’ve renewed whatever the situation personally.

Why is your Dad not a fan of Clough? Not a dig or anything else, I’m just curious what people don’t like about him. We haven’t had much success over the last 20+ years and he’s certainly one of the better managers we’ve had during that time. I do get the fact he’s not sorted the defence out over several transfer windows (hopefully that has changed), but I think we might’ve gone up last season if even half of those bad injuries hadn’t happened. Just genuinely curious and also wondering who everyone thinks would be a better fit for us, within reason.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:09 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:

Why is your Dad not a fan of Clough? Not a dig or anything else, I’m just curious what people don’t like about him. We haven’t had much success over the last 20+ years and he’s certainly one of the better managers we’ve had during that time. I do get the fact he’s not sorted the defence out over several transfer windows (hopefully that has changed), but I think we might’ve gone up last season if even half of those bad injuries hadn’t happened. Just genuinely curious and also wondering who everyone thinks would be a better fit for us, within reason.

I'm in that camp too CWM, I renewed despite him not inspite of him. You can only judge what you see and he is lacking on the touchline for me, his transfer policy was awful until the last two and I will never understand his substitutions or tactics. You can argue from league positions that's he's done fairly well but I just feel we should have gone up last year or this and I'm not as optimistic about this season in a really competitive league. If his defence stays fit and we sign an out and out striker then I'll relent but I'm not convinced.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:46 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:

He’s never been a fan of him I don’t think, not just from his time here, but consistently said we won’t get promoted with him as manager and so far has been proven right, even though it’s not a particularly brave prediction! Hoping we can put that right this time around.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:03 pm

I completely understand individuals not rating managers. The problem starts though when only one of our last thirteen managers have got us promoted in twenty-one years. You could easily just shrug your shoulders and wonder if anyone will get us promoted.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:15 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I completely understand individuals not rating managers. The problem starts though when only one of our last thirteen managers have got us promoted in twenty-one years. You could easily just shrug your shoulders and wonder if anyone will get us promoted.

Yeah, I do understand that Doomy but that shouldn’t stop us striving for better I guess, however unlikely history tells us it might be :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:21 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I completely understand individuals not rating managers. The problem starts though when only one of our last thirteen managers have got us promoted in twenty-one years. You could easily just shrug your shoulders and wonder if anyone will get us promoted.

In cold hard terms mate 16% of managers get their club promoted from League 2 each year and plenty of those have done it in a shorter time than he hasn't. I fully accept its a lottery to some extent but I just don't feel its going to happen with him either. Anyway this digressed from the thread. I renewed on the second day without hesitation cos MTFC is my club irrespective of who's at the helm.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:23 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Yeah, I do understand that Doomy but that shouldn’t stop us striving for better I guess, however unlikely history tells us it might be :lol:

In my opinion, we currently have the best manager we've had for many, many years, yes there are better managers but do they want to be in L2 and if they did, could we afford them?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:31 pm

oldweststander wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

In my opinion, we currently have the best manager we've had for many, many years, yes there are better managers but do they want to be in L2 and if they did, could we afford them?

Well, on league position alone on a very basic level you could argue there have been 12 better managers who were at L2 level over the last 2 seasons.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:46 pm

Clough needs to get another football league promotion on his C.V.

He’s managed for about 15 years in the EFL and only has one to his name, and whilst he managed Burton that season from December and got them over the line you could argue that he didn’t put that squad in place.

We’re essentially asking him to do something he hasn’t previously done, which is build a promotion winning squad. There are a lot of managers out there who have done that.

I know promotions would have been hard to come by at Burton, and he has success in keeping them up, semi finals etc.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Pitkin » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:48 pm

I'm struggling to get on to renew online, can someone post the link please?
Pitkin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:00 pm

Pitkin wrote:I'm struggling to get on to renew online, can someone post the link please?

https://mansfieldtownfc.ktckts.com/pack ... ket-202324

see also previous posts from Pete:

Subject: Season Tickets - over 4,000 sold -early bird ends Fri 9 June

part time pete wrote:
Laney_MTFC wrote:Sorry if this has been asked.

My seat from last season is greyed out, is that because i have so long to renew my seat? or has someone else already taken it? Thank you in advance

It’s because that seat is reserved for yourself until 9th June. If you want to buy it, click on the top right of the page and the reservation booking appears. Then just click that and you can buy your ticket.

part time pete wrote:
Brough wrote:What can I do regarding renewing my R block seats and adding two more. R block showing no seats available?

Go to your account and log in. Go to reservations in top right corner. Then renew your seat at the early bird price. However if you want two more in R block you will have to wait until 9th June to see if some folk have not renewed.

A visit to ticket office might be better to discuss about buying two more at early bird price as from 9th June the price will increase.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby The One » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:03 pm

Rob wrote:

EFL attendances at a 70 year low
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:47 pm

The One wrote:
Rob wrote:

EFL attendances at a 70 year low

they are at a 70 year high.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65855048
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Pitkin » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:53 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Pitkin wrote:I'm struggling to get on to renew online, can someone post the link please?

https://mansfieldtownfc.ktckts.com/pack ... ket-202324

see also previous posts from Pete:

part time pete wrote:
Laney_MTFC wrote:Sorry if this has been asked.

My seat from last season is greyed out, is that because i have so long to renew my seat? or has someone else already taken it? Thank you in advance

It’s because that seat is reserved for yourself until 9th June. If you want to buy it, click on the top right of the page and the reservation booking appears. Then just click that and you can buy your ticket.

part time pete wrote:
Brough wrote:What can I do regarding renewing my R block seats and adding two more. R block showing no seats available?

Go to your account and log in. Go to reservations in top right corner. Then renew your seat at the early bird price. However if you want two more in R block you will have to wait until 9th June to see if some folk have not renewed.

A visit to ticket office might be better to discuss about buying two more at early bird price as from 9th June the price will increase.

Thanks guys, been abroad a few days.....one final question, is the green indicating its unsold and grey purchased?
And the black band around? Apologies , but I can't find the key/legend
Pitkin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Costastag » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:57 pm

Yep its not only us who are enjoying the growing interest in the efl ,the sniping of those with superior knowledge is getting tedious no one wanted clough out some of us said he had failed last season he did but its a new season coming up lets just enjoy
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum