{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New kit deal with Castore

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New kit deal with Castore

Postby James » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:42 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:£70 :shock:

And it's bog standard at that.

Interesting that the internal stripe pattern is exactly like the home shirt of ours.

This kit deal is already looking worse than Surridge before it's even got going.

It'll be peak stagsnet when folk will want the surridge shirts back after moaning about them pretty much every year :lol:

And before our shirts have been released and basing the moans on a leaked picture from Facebook and a Rangers shirt.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:47 am

James wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:£70 :shock:

And it's bog standard at that.

Interesting that the internal stripe pattern is exactly like the home shirt of ours.

This kit deal is already looking worse than Surridge before it's even got going.

It'll be peak stagsnet when folk will want the surridge shirts back after moaning about them pretty much every year :lol:

And before our shirts have been released and basing the moans on a leaked picture from Facebook and a Rangers shirt.

Unfortunately, the leaked designs are accurate.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:12 am

Who's gonna leak a team shirt purely for feedback from a league two fan base? LMAO.
It's hardly foreign policy, is it?
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:06 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:Who's gonna leak a team shirt purely for feedback from a league two fan base? LMAO.
It's hardly foreign policy, is it?

Exactly, with one of them hung in the door of the changing rooms at the RH. (Blue one)
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:10 pm

Surridge were absolutely cack, let's not beat around the bush.

Semingly though, Castore is massively overpriced cack.

So just putting it out there, I'd sooner have neither. Not saying I'd want Surridge back - far from it in fact.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:55 pm

Is it time for the big reveal lol
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:06 pm

On collection of ST's today the question was asked if there is s release date yet for the new kit...

They still don't know but think it may be end of June early July.

So StagmanRob still has two weeks to moan about a kit that might not be the one leaked actually being released , the price not yet revealed and the quality of a shirt nobody has felt yet. :lol:
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby SeanieStag » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:57 pm

To be fair, most kits are awful. You wouldn’t really want to wear one outside of match day or a game of 5-a-side.
SeanieStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:11 am

Captain Cunno wrote:On collection of ST's today the question was asked if there is s release date yet for the new kit...

They still don't know but think it may be end of June early July.

So StagmanRob still has two weeks to moan about a kit that might not be the one leaked actually being released , the price not yet revealed and the quality of a shirt nobody has felt yet. :lol:

First two points are nailed on.

The quality of feel might differ, but I'm nearly 40 so it can feel like Egyptian cotton for all I care, I aint wearing one :lol:

The problem lies in the fact my lad will want one.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:16 am

You might strike lucky like I have Rob. Promised my daughter one a few weeks ago. She's seen those 'leaked' photo's and now isn't interested whatsoever.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:03 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:You might strike lucky like I have Rob. Promised my daughter one a few weeks ago. She's seen those 'leaked' photo's and now isn't interested whatsoever.

My daughter will luckily get a free new home shirt from the club. She was a mascot for the Harrogate game at the back end of last season and as part of the package you get a kit included. They didn't have any of the Surridge kits left in her size so the club very kindly gave us a voucher to use to get a shirt when the Castore shirts are released.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:37 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:You might strike lucky like I have Rob. Promised my daughter one a few weeks ago. She's seen those 'leaked' photo's and now isn't interested whatsoever.

Unfortunately, my lad likes the leaked one.

Probably because he's seen this old photo of me and his Uncle (my brother) and sees the simularity.

Could be worse. Could have gone the same was as his Uncle.

https://imgur.com/a/yT9ybDX
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:42 pm

Why did your parents hate your brother so much
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:08 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:Why did your parents hate your brother so much

Direct result of an Uncle on the other side of the family taking him to games before my Dad could.

Dad couldn't live with the same happening to me, so took me to Field Mill from a toddler.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:30 am

There’s a feature in today’s Times (digital) about the Beahon brothers meteoric success with founding and growing Castore.

It’s in an app and behind a paywall so I can’t post it, but worth a read if you’re a subscriber (or Apple News+ subscriber).
Reg Holdsworth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby stagmanrob » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:44 am

Reg Holdsworth wrote:There’s a feature in today’s Times (digital) about the Beahon brothers meteoric success with founding and growing Castore.

It’s in an app and behind a paywall so I can’t post it, but worth a read if you’re a subscriber (or Apple News+ subscriber).

Post the link up.

(Allegedly) you can load it up, then put your phone into airplane mode before it loads up the paywall and then read the article.....
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Tess Tickle » Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:34 pm

stagmanrob wrote:

Unfortunately, my lad likes the leaked one.

Probably because he's seen this old photo of me and his Uncle (my brother) and sees the simularity.

Could be worse. Could have gone the same was as his Uncle.

https://imgur.com/a/yT9ybDX

My all time favourite shirt that. Is your brother still one of them or did he see the light
Tess Tickle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Oladamber66 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:29 pm

I would like to see the dam thing .... then we can make our minds up if its worth buying .....???
Oladamber66
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:37 am

stagmanrob wrote:
Reg Holdsworth wrote:There’s a feature in today’s Times (digital) about the Beahon brothers meteoric success with founding and growing Castore.

Post the link up.

(Allegedly) you can load it up, then put your phone into airplane mode before it loads up the paywall and then read the article.....

Here you go, as requested:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/castore-beahon-brothers-andy-murray-k9cq5pnlf
Reg Holdsworth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby part time pete » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:03 am

Reg Holdsworth wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:

Post the link up.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/castore-beahon-brothers-andy-murray-k9cq5pnlf

Still behind a pay wall, unless you start a free trial that you can’t stop. :shock:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby zod » Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:49 pm

part time pete wrote:
Reg Holdsworth wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:

Post the link up.

Still behind a pay wall, unless you start a free trial that you can’t stop. :shock:

https://archive.ph/UMW1J
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:24 pm

zod wrote:
part time pete wrote:
Reg Holdsworth wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:

Post the link up.

Mmm, good read that.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:06 pm

zod wrote:
part time pete wrote:
Reg Holdsworth wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:

Post the link up.

Thank you, and not a word about Mike Ashley, Dan ;)
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:37 pm

I knew that’s what you be looking for. I knew there wasn’t as I read it before but knew you’d go searching.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:10 am

Anyone know the official launch date?
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum