{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New kit deal with Castore

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New kit deal with Castore

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon May 29, 2023 9:43 am

maybe it’s fake, who knows until the official unveiling ?

hope we are doing polo tops
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue May 30, 2023 8:40 am

I think it was said Castore will be overseeing the club shop and online store so will be interesting to see if there’s an improvement there.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Tue May 30, 2023 8:47 am

MTFCMusings wrote:I think it was said Castore will be overseeing the club shop and online store so will be interesting to see if there’s an improvement there.

If it takes some admin and stock keeping work off the office staff that can only be a good thing.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue May 30, 2023 9:23 am

Overseeing the current Stags club shop is a bit like overseeing the Primary school summer fate cake stall on top of an old decorating paste table.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby AshoverStag » Tue May 30, 2023 9:33 am

yorkshire stag wrote:maybe it’s fake, who knows until the official unveiling ?

hope we are doing polo tops

For all we know Castore may have made a few possible kits for home/away/third and this was a deliberate leak to gain early feedback

Or could be fake

I’m not up on IT but I presume with sombody being able to use software, wouldn’t be too hard to design something and just put it out there.

Not sure why anyone woul£ go to that much effort though, but if highly skilled, maybe it’s a very quick process.

One thing is for sure. We will find out what the actual kits will be :lol: :lol: :lol:
When you think you know the answers, I change the questions
AshoverStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby HitchcocksShins » Tue May 30, 2023 11:13 am

DoomMerchant wrote:Overseeing the current Stags club shop is a bit like overseeing the Primary school summer fate cake stall on top of an old decorating paste table.

Honestly I think that's quite disrespectful. To summer fete cake stalls, that is :lol:
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Old timer » Wed May 31, 2023 3:39 pm

Depends what you want. I know people are complaining about the perceived Castore prices before they are even out but I have Puma kit from Notts cricket, Nike and Adidas stuff from Spanish teams that is still in near pristine conditions despite being years old. I even have a 97/8 Italy shirt from Nike that I have been offered good money for that's in good nick despite multiple wears. I would be happy to pay extra for something that is good quality and not go bobbly and lettering fall off after a few months but then again I guess that is not in the interests of the people selling them who want you to buy one more regularly.
Old timer
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed May 31, 2023 7:02 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Overseeing the current Stags club shop is a bit like overseeing the Primary school summer fate cake stall on top of an old decorating paste table.

Honestly I think that's quite disrespectful. To summer fete cake stalls, that is :lol:

I'm hearing you. Most paste tables have a wonky leg and bow in the middle which I was thinking was a perfect metaphor for the club shop. No slight whatsoever on any sugar rich cupcake shaped sickly treats kindly donated by the deputy heads mother-in-law.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:46 am

I'm not really a football kit man (odd that with being in my 50's and not a footballer), however I found myself in the vicinity of Field Mill yesterday so popped into the club shop to see if they were selling off last season's shorts.

Anyone who knows me will understand that there was no way I was paying £10 (50% off) for last season's shorts but a rummage about in the bargain bin found a white pair and an amber pair for just £2, so I bought them.

Last night I went to put a pair on and spent a bit more time looking at them and blimey what horrible cheap and nasty crap they are. Genuinely thought that the badge was a sticker; and I reckon a pair would last 2-3 games for a robust professional footballer. Actually staggered me that our club have accepted such rubbish quality material for ten whole years - unless these were exceptionally bad versions to normally decent stock.

In 2023 I see no reason why athletes should be dressed in sub-standard gear. A completely different walk of life but I worked as a contractor for years and some companies dressed their technicians in the cheapest work wear they could get away with. Honestly, as an employee it definitely played on your mind that you were dressed in garbage that was constantly having to be replaced or repaired......So why wouldn't footballers be the same?? For me it definitely loses you something when you're wearing crap garb that you're constantly fiddling with, so it got me thinking: in an age where athletes are always looking for that extra 1 or 2 percent, why take away 1 or 2 percent?
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:41 am

How much better do you feel getting that off your chest doomy ?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:06 am

Captain Cunno wrote:How much better do you feel getting that off your chest doomy ?

Listen mate, I've given both pairs to my 76 year old dad today. That's the real test, if he bins them then they're truly sh***.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:34 am

Same here. Towards the end of the season, I pulled out a pair from the same bargain bin and on inspecting the quality I just couldn't see a time or place that I'd ever wear them. Better quality and they might have been good for odd day on holiday but they were absolutely terrible and not worthy of even £2.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby NEStag » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:04 am

DoomMerchant wrote:I'm not really a football kit man (odd that with being in my 50's and not a footballer), however I found myself in the vicinity of Field Mill yesterday so popped into the club shop to see if they were selling off last season's shorts.

Anyone who knows me will understand that there was no way I was paying £10 (50% off) for last season's shorts but a rummage about in the bargain bin found a white pair and an amber pair for just £2, so I bought them.

Last night I went to put a pair on and spent a bit more time looking at them and blimey what horrible cheap and nasty crap they are. Genuinely thought that the badge was a sticker; and I reckon a pair would last 2-3 games for a robust professional footballer. Actually staggered me that our club have accepted such rubbish quality material for ten whole years - unless these were exceptionally bad versions to normally decent stock.

In 2023 I see no reason why athletes should be dressed in sub-standard gear. A completely different walk of life but I worked as a contractor for years and some companies dressed their technicians in the cheapest work wear they could get away with. Honestly, as an employee it definitely played on your mind that you were dressed in garbage that was constantly having to be replaced or repaired......So why wouldn't footballers be the same?? For me it definitely loses you something when you're wearing crap garb that you're constantly fiddling with, so it got me thinking: in an age where athletes are always looking for that extra 1 or 2 percent, why take away 1 or 2 percent?

I’m not sure the players are playing in the same quality kit as they sell in the shop. There’s probably a better quality version with much better technical material. Some clubs sell the basic replica and then for a lot more you can buy the match level standard.
NEStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Ridge » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:37 am

NEStag wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:I'm not really a football kit man (odd that with being in my 50's and not a footballer), however I found myself in the vicinity of Field Mill yesterday so popped into the club shop to see if they were selling off last season's shorts.

I’m not sure the players are playing in the same quality kit as they sell in the shop. There’s probably a better quality version with much better technical material. Some clubs sell the basic replica and then for a lot more you can buy the match level standard.

Shirts and other kit for fans are usually lower quality replicas. There seems to be a trend now for two options, e.g. a 'stadium shirt' which is the replica and 'match shirt' which is more like the pros wear.

England Women 2023 stadium shirt is £80 and match shirt £125. Liverpool 2023/24 stadium shirt is £75 and match shirt is £115 etc.
Ridge
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:15 am

NEStag wrote:

That's a fair point to be fair pal.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:52 pm

Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:00 pm

Dan wrote:https://shop.rangers.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

They are nothing like the leaks, look more like a rangers kit.
Oh, wait...
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SeanieStag » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:12 pm

That’s one boring and expensive shirt.
SeanieStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:52 pm

Not Stags, or Football related

HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:55 pm

like the option of a long sleeve option - doubt we'll have that choice though.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:54 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:

Bit like 95% of your posts...
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:04 pm

Dan wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:

Bit like 95% of your posts...

Nib :lol:

HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:46 pm

£70 :shock:

And it's bog standard at that.

Interesting that the internal stripe pattern is exactly like the home shirt of ours.

This kit deal is already looking worse than Surridge before it's even got going.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:47 am

stagmanrob wrote:£70 :shock:

Interesting that the internal stripe pattern is exactly like the home shirt of ours.

This kit deal is already looking worse than Surridge before it's even got going.

It'll be peak stagsnet when folk will want the surridge shirts back after moaning about them pretty much every year :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:37 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:£70 :shock:

It'll be peak stagsnet when folk will want the surridge shirts back after moaning about them pretty much every year :lol:

You mean like they already are? :lol: :lol:
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum