{ the news }
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC
Archived News from October 2019

25th October 2019 18:44


Forest Green melee was just ‘handbags’ insists Mansfield Town assistant boss Lee Glover after FA charge
chad.co.uk, by JOHN LOMAS, Thursday 24 October 2019

Mansfield Town assistant boss Lee Glover insisted the melee at the end of last weekend’s 2-2 draw at Forest Green was nothing more than ‘handbags’ and was surprised the two clubs were in hot water with the FA.

The clubs have until 6pm tomorrow to answer the charge that they failed to ‘ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and/or refrained from provocative behaviour’.

But Glover said: “It was handbags. It was nothing really - let’s not over-react here.

“There were no punches being thrown or people trying to get other people in headlocks. Let’s play this down.

read more at https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/forest-green-melee-was-just-handbags-insists-mansfield-town-assistant-boss-lee-glover-after-fa-charge-1-10067513

“Some lads had a word at the end of the game. We’d come back from two down and Forest Green would have been annoyed.

“The adrenalin was pumping as their lads know they had conceded from a winning position.”

He continued: “People get wound up. But I did not see any major violence, there certainly wasn’t an affray.

“There was a bit of a melee but nothing that I thought either club would be in trouble over.

“I see things go on on the pitch and things get blown up very quickly now.

“But they are human. They are emotional and there is a reaction.

“There might have been a difference of opinion. But the lads all shook hands in the tunnel, smiled and said fair enough. We all understand as we’ve all been there.”


Forest Green Rovers & Mansfield Town each fined £1,000 for post-match incident

Fri 25 Oct 2019


Forest Green Rovers and Mansfield Town have both been fined £1,000 by the Football Association after an incident at the end of their League Two game.

Both failed to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and/or refrained from provocative behaviour.

They were each charged with a breach of FA rule E20 after the game at the New Lawn which finished 2-2 on Saturday.

It related to players having to be separated after the final whistle.



Latest | October 2019