{ the news }
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC
Archived News from March 2014

30th March 2014 23:31

Football League - Sky Bet League Two
Hartlepool United 2 - 4 Mansfield Town
Harewood 28, James 52. Harewood missed pen 45. Jennings 20, 72, Rhead 80, McGuire 90+2
Attendance: 2,976 (128 from Mansfield)

Date: 25 March 2014

Martin Shaw at Victoria Park

Mansfield Town pulled off a magnificent victory on Tuesday night with a 4-2 win at in-form Hartlepool United. It was Mansfield’s first evening win of the season in any competition, in the last evening match! Hartlepool had won 4 and drawn 1 of their last 5 home games scoring 12 and conceding 0 in the process. But Mansfield took the game to the home side, deservedly taking the lead with a poacher’s goal from wing-back James Jennings on 20 minutes as Beevers crossed into the middle, Rhead’s stab at goal was blocked and fell nicely for Jennings to poke home. The Stags were playing so well that the home fans were starting to groan at their own players. Hartlepool were all over the place but then levelled completely against the run of play through a goal from Marlon Harewood on 28 minutes after their first good move of the game, and then had a chance to take the lead just before half-time when a penalty was harshly awarded for a foul by Ritchie Sutton when it seemed that he didn’t make any contact. Alan Marriott came to the rescue diving to his left to save Harewood’s spot-kick. It was Marriott’s second penalty save in succession, from a goalkeeper who is now in superb form. Hartlepool did take the lead early in the second half after Anthony Howell lost possession in his own half and the Stags defence left James unmarked. But the Stags were not dead and buried and introduced subs Clucas and Meikle who started to run at the home defence. Mansfield deservedly equalised with a stroke of luck as Jennings mis-kicked a free-kick from 28 yards and it sailed into the roof of the net over hapless keeper Scott Flinders, who looked in wretched form all night. The Stags sensed blood and went for the victory with a succession of chances including a tremendous shot from the industrious Ollie Palmer that smashed against the underside of the bar. But the third goal did come on 80 minutes as Palmer fed Clucas who put Beevers in space towards the byline and his delightful cross was headed into the bottom right corner of the net by Matt Rhead with the hapless keeper Flinders again making a weak effort to get to it. The Stags did not sit back and late sub Jake Speight looked lively. When a frightening 6 minutes of stoppage time was signified, you had to fear the worst thinking back to Plymouth (twice) and Accrington, but Mansfield’s determination was signified by a Clucas 75 yard run to earn a corner, and then McGuire battled to win the ball 45 yards from goal, pushed forward and his shot from 20 yards took a slight deflection to nestle in the net. It was a moment and a win that reminded me of the feeling at Hereford a year ago - absolutely massive for Mansfield. And news of other results just made the night even better.

The Stags are now 7 points clear of Northampton in the relegation zone and 5 clear of Wycombe and Portsmouth who are just outside the relegation zone, with 7 games left. Still much work to be done but a much better position than 3 games ago. On to the game against AFC Wimbledon on Saturday and another team in good form, but the Stags are playing very well themselves after these fine games against Northampton, Chesterfield and Hartlepool. Some great performances throughout the side and credit to Paul Cox and his management team again, who like on Saturday against Chesterfield, got the tactics spot on in my opinion, starting with a more solid looking three central defenders and two wing-backs to attempt to nullify the free-scoring Hartlepool, and then going for victory in the last half hour bringing on Clucas and Meikle to run at the defence and it worked perfectly.


Hartlepool United 2-4 Mansfield Town, Tuesday 25th March 2014
chad.co.uk report by John Lomas, john.lomas@chad.co.uk

Mansfield Town earned sweet revenge by halting Hartlepool’s fine recent home form with a stunning 4-2 win in an absolute thriller at Victoria Park tonight.


Matt Rhead headed home 10 minutes from the end after James Jennings had earlier twice scored in an end to end spectacular against a side who had stung Stags 4-1 at the One Call Stadium before Jamie McGuire made it safe in stoppage time.

The home side, who had won four and drawn one of their previous five at home without conceding a single goal, found themselves trailing to Jennings’ 20th minute finish.

Marlon Harewood, a January Stags transfer target, levelled it eight minutes later then crucially saw Alan Marriott save his penalty just before the break.

However, Luke James did give the home side the lead on 52 minutes only to see a miscued Jennings free kick find the net from 30 yards on 72 minutes to level again before Rhead and McGuire completed the comeback in style to earn three more precious survival points for the magnificent Stags.

Mansfield lost central defender Ryan Tafazolli with a foot injury, but he should be fit for Saturday’s home clash with AFC Wimbledon, Ritchie Sutton in to replace him.

Otherwise Paul Cox stuck with the rest of the side that began last weekend’s 0-0 derby draw with Chesterfield.

That meant top scorer Sam Clucas again had to be content with a place on the bench as did Darryl Westlake, available again after a one game ban.

Within the first minute Palmer won the visitors a corner which the home side cleared and Compton turned into a swift counter-attack, ended by a Murray tackle.

The first goal attempt came on seven minutes and saw Harewood hold off the challenge of Dempster at his back 35 yards out and then, spotting Marriott off his line, turn and flash a powerful dipping shot narrowly over.

Flinders came for but failed to punch away Jennings’ second corner and was grateful to see it cleared.

In Pools’ next raid James swapped passes with Barmby to get into the box, but Marriott came quickly off his line and James’ attempt to round him saw the ball roll out for a goalkick.

But the visitors snatched a 20th minute lead. It stemmed from a ball in from the right by Beevers which saw Rhead take the first swing at it but not catch it cleanly only to see it roll invitingly for the lurking Jennings to tuck it away from eight yards.

Immediately James put in a right wing cross for the home side which Harewood nodded on target, but lacking enough venom to trouble Marriott.

After a lively start the home side were starting to make a lot of errors, particularly keeper Flinders, and one poor clearance of his saw McGuire try to knock the ball back over his head from 40 yards but was too high.

But Stags’ lead only lasted eight minutes as great footwork from Barmby unlocked the Stags’ defence. The ball eventually reached Duckworth at the far post who laid back the perfect pass for Harewood, and he needed no second invitation to smash it low into the net from 10 yards.

It was just the boost the home side needed and they suddenly began to look the part again.

The electric pace of Compton was causing endless problems for Mansfield and Dempster took a 32nd minute booking for hacking him down.

More great work from Palmer won Stags their third corner, that was half-cleared and, as it was launched back into the box, Palmer went down and looked at the referee but got nothing.

Instead play swept back upfield to the Stags box where Duckworth went down under Sutton’s challenge.

This time the referee did point to the spot, despite lengthy Mansfield protests.

With 45 minutes on the clock, Harewood stepped up and tried to fire the kick to the right of Marriott, but the height was good for the keeper, who had gone the right way and was able to make a superb block.

In the first minute of stoppage time Jennings was booked for dissent, before Marriott easily dealt with a 25-yard free kick from Duckworth as the sides went in all square.

Duckworth was late in on Howell on 47 minutes to earn the second half’s first booking.

However, with Harewood down after a crunching tackle from Riley, the home side took a 52nd minute lead.

The loose ball was threaded back down the centre to James who turned and fired in a low shot that found the net off the inside of the left post from 15 yards.

Walker was narrowly wide of the near post after Rhead had headed away a corner conceded unnecessarily by Jennings.

On 58 minutes Cox threw on Meikle and Clucas for Howell and Dempster.

Meikle was immediately on target with a first time 20-yarder from a half-cleared corner but it flew straight to the keeper.

The home side made a double switch of their own on 62 minutes before having Holden limp off three minutes later to force their last change.

Jones set up fellow sub Poole for a shot sliced wide of the near post.

Burgess was booked for halting Palmer’s run on 72 minutes, and from the free kick Stags were level again.

Almost 30 yards from goal, Jennings stepped up and curled the kick towards the far post.

But he slipped as he took it and the extra motion the ball got from that slip helped it curl up and beyond the keeper and under the far angle.

Suddenly it was all Mansfield and inside a minute Meikle and Murray had shots saved while Palmer’s vicious strike rebounded off a post.

Then Marriott had to get down to block a low Poole finish as both sides went for the win.

Marriott and the ball ended up in the net on 79 minutes with Sweeney penalised for the push.

But a minute later Stags regained the lead. Beevers swung in a good far post cross from the right and Rhead met it with a fine header back across the keeper and inside the other post from seven yards.

Six minutes of added time suggested a nervous finish for Mansfield until within two of those minutes. Jamie McGuire broke down the centre with United committed forward and saw his right footed 18-yard finish take a deflection and nestle in the net.

HARTLEPOOL UNITED: Flinders, Richards, Collins, Burgess, Holden (Jones, 65), Duckworth, Walker, Compton (Poole, 62), Barmby, Harewood (Sweeney, 62), James. Subs: Rafferty, Franks, Rowbotham, Hawkins.

MANSFIELD TOWN: Marriott; Sutton, Dempster (Meikle, 58), Riley; Beevers, Murray, Howell (Clucas, 58), McGuire, Jennings; Rhead, Palmer (Speight 82). Subs: Clements, Westlake, Daniel, Stevenson.

Scorers: Stags: Jennings (20), (72), Rhead (80), McGuire (90+2); Hartlepool: Harewood (28), James (53).

ATTENDANCE: 2,976 (125 away)

REFEREE: Gary Sutton of Lincolnshire.



Disappointing Night At The Vic
Read more at http://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/article/250314-mansfield-town-report-1444419.aspx?#D6eugP28iqLHUode.99

Pools suffer a 4-2 defeat against Mansfield Town at Victoria Park on a poor night for Colin Cooper's side.
Pools reacted well to going a goal-down after twenty minutes of the game through Marlon Harewood and Luke James went on to put his side ahead just after the break.

However, things went wrong for Pools and quickly as Mansfield Town went on to score three times late in the second half to take the three points from The Vic.

Marlon Harewood had the first shot of the game to give the Pools fans a lift on a cold night at The Vic but his effort from 35 yards sailed through the area but went high over Alan Marriott’s bar.

Luke James broke through after good play between Harewood and Barmby, beating the offside trap to get into a good position but the ball got away from him and the danger passed.

It was the visitors though who went on to enjoy the first real spell of sustained pressure, causing a few problems for Scott Flinders and his back line. Sam Collins put in a typically strong block to deny Mansfield on one occasion, while Jordan Richards arrived with a crucial header to clear the ball on another.

And with 20 minutes on the clock, James Jennings opened the scoring for his side. It was a scruffy goal for Jennings who beat Flinders from close range but it was enough to break the deadlock and was the first goal to be scored past Pools at The Vic since the 3-0 defeat t Rochdale on 22nd January.

It took Pools eight minutes to compose themselves and get back on level terms; it was great work by Jack Barmby on the edge of the box which opened things up for his side.

The on-loan midfielder forced his way across the area to create space and play the ball out to the lively Compton who did his bit to involve Luke James who in turn fed Marlon Harewood and the striker made no mistake from six yards as he fired past Marriott to make it 1-1.

There were two penalty calls with very different outcomes shortly after the equaliser; Oliver Palmer, who was lively for the visitors this evening, put up strong appeals for a penalty after going to ground inside the box but the official ignored his calls.

The referee showed the opposite reaction just moments later at the other end as he instantly pointed to the spot after seeing Michael Duckworth tripped by Ritchie Sutton inside the box. After a discussion between Compton and Harewood, it was the latter who stepped up to take the spotkick but he saw his effort well saved by Marriott.

There was time for one more chance on goal for a brighter Pools as Jordan Richard sent a freekick into the box which also found the Mansfield keeper waiting to collect and the teams went in level at the break.

It took Pools just seven minutes of the second half to take the lead and it was Luke James’ 15th goal of the season that did it. Good work from Compton down the left started the move which was finished when Brad Walker picked out James with a great ball and the young striker sent a lovely finish into the back of the net.

Cooper’s men failed to really take hold of the game following the goal though and it was Mansfield who again went on to enjoy another bright spell.

Pools were forced to do a lot of their work inside their own half in this second period and, while there was little action inside Flinders’ box, the visitors did manage to draw level.

A controversially-awarded freekick out on the right flank was taken by Jennings and the full back saw his ball in from distance catch Flinders off his line and loop over the keeper and into the top corner of the net.

There were then quick chances for sub Lindon Meikle who saw his effort blocked by Flinders and then Palmer whose strike crashed against the bar as Mansfield Town piled the pressure on a shaken Pools side.

James Poole did get a shot away at the other end but was denied by Marriott and that started abrief respite for his side and the forward went on to win a corner kick for his side. Although Sweeney bundled the ball over the net, he was ruled to have fouled Marriott and play continued.

And things were about to get worse for an out-of-sorts Pools side; despite having a player in an offside position, play was

As Pools looked for a late route back into this game, James Poole won another corner for his side but it came to nothing and it was Mansfield Town who found the next gpal.

A slip by Burgess allowed the visitors through and Jamie McGuire sent a ball past Flinders from the edge of the area to make it 4-2 and round off a very disappointing night at The Vic.

Booked: Duckworth (47), Burgess (71), Walker (73)

Attendance: 2976 (128 Mansfield Town)

Full Time: Pools 2 Mansfield Town 4

Pools: Flinders, Richards, Collins, Burgess, Holden (Jones 65), Walker, Duckworth, Compton (Poole 62), Barmby, Harewood (Sweeney 62), James
Subs Not Used: Rafferty, Rowbotham, Hawkins, Franks

Mansfield Town: Marriott, Jennings, Howell (Clucas 58), Murray, Dempster (Miekle 58), Riley, Beevers, McGire, Rhead, Sutton, Palmer(Speight 82)
Subs Not Used: Clements, Westlake, Daniel, Stevenson


Play-offs flight of fancy for off-the-boil Pools
The Northern Echo, By Nick Loughlin

Full-time: Hartlepool United 2 Mansfield Town 4

COLIN COOPER has used a regular phrase of late. He’s been worried his Hartlepool United side will “fall short” of the League Two play-offs this season.

Last night he could add the word ‘well’ into the middle of his sentence.

Leading 2-1 in the closing stages of the game against a Mansfield side high on energy and low on ability, they contrived to collapse in a manner unseen at Victoria Park this season. They did indeed fall well short.

The three goals they conceded in the last 12 minutes were stunning in their nature.

Defeat - Pools’ second in a row - leaves them a tough nine points short of the playoffs.

With seven games to go, and other teams, York included, in good form, a spot in the end of season shake-up appears unlikely.

It’s fair to say Pools fans can book a holiday for May confident they won’t miss the chance of a day out at Wembley.

Cooper said: “It’s a result and performance we aren’t accustomed to. The goals and the nature of them from our point of view isn’t great.

“We’ve not conceded a goal here in a while and it’s hard to take. There’s lessons to be learned. The goals and the lead up to them isn’t great. We need to sit down, watch again, and make sure we don’t repeat the mistakes.

“I think they will be surprised when they sit down and see them again. It happens sometimes and it’s my job to analyse it. You learn more when you lose.

“Free-flowing football and goals in the last few home games are very nice, but....’’ And he added: “I’ve been keen to watch the goals again straight after the game. It’s not good viewing.

“As a team we look at them.

As an individual we ask what we could have done to stop them.

“Younger players in particular it’s a harsh lesson tonight. We have to make sure it’s a one-off.’’ Pools trailed last night when Rhead, an honest striker of burly proportions, missed his shot, but the defence opened and the ball fell for the alert James Jennings to turn in from close range.

It was the first goal Pools have conceded at home since January 11 - a run of 470 minutes.

There was more to come later on.

Pools levelled with a wellworked goal on 28 minutes.

Jack Barmby, on the final game of his loan from Manchester United, ran in familiar territory on the edge of the opposition area, keeping the ball alive and asking questions.

He fed Jack Compton out wide, who returned the pass and Barmby’s shot was halfcleared - but only as far as Marlon Harewood. Eight yards out he wasn’t going to miss the chance and made no mistake.

The same could not be said in first-half injury time.

Michael Duckworth, starting in a more advanced rightsided role, was chopped down in the penalty area.

In the absence of Simon Walton, the regular spot-kick taker, Harewood took the kick. But it was a comfortable height for keeper Alan Marriott to dive to his left and palm away.

Instead of going off at halftime on a high, things were flat.

But Luke James has often been the source of inspiration and so it proved again. Latching onto a delightful Bradley Walker pass in behind the defence, he arrowed a low angled finish past Marriott for his 15th of the season.

Pools were forced into three changes, with Harewood (ankle), Compton (hamstring) and Darren Holden (back) all suffering injuries.

Antony Sweeney suffered a hamstring strain after his appearance, while Sam Collins left the game with a giant lump on his head after a knock.

The Stags are a strong, physical side and Pools were on the wrong end of it. But credit to boss Paul Cox - after switching to a 4-4-2 they stretched Pools.

There was some fortune about their leveller. Christian Burgess was ruled to have brought down Jamie McGuire, it wasn’t even a foul let alone a booking.

Jennings took the free-kick, slipped as he took it and the mis-hit sailed over Scott Flinders’ head and high into the net. Jennings even managed to kick himself in falling when taking the kick.

But Rhead stole some space at the far post when met a right-wing cross to put the Stags ahead and, in injury time, McGuire broke away for a fourth.

Cooper is confident of making some additions to his injury- hit squad before tomorrow’s loan deadline. Barmby is likely to extend his stay as Pools enter their final stretch and their last hopes of making the play-offs.


Richard Mennear’s match analysis: Disruptions costs beaten Pools dear
by Richard Mennear

BACK in October Hartlepool United thumped Mansfield Town 4-1 away to finally kick-start their season.

Last night Colin Cooper’s men were looking to kick-start their play-off push against the same side but a crushing 4-2 defeat - both in terms of the result and injuries - has effectively put paid to any lingering hopes of a top seven finish.

Pools are now nine points adrift of York City, who won again, with just seven games left. It is more than likely you can now safely book your summer holidays.

While on the face of it, the management and players remain positive it is likely they know Pools are destined to fall short this season.

Cooper though will certainly want to finish well, to give them momentum over the summer months, if nothing else.

But he may have to do it with fewer players given the bruising nature of last night’s defeat.

Injures to Marlon Harewood, Jack Compton and Darren Holden saw the trio subbed in the space of three second-half minutes, but there was also injuries to captain Sam Collins and substitute Antony Sweeney, who looked to have picked up a nasty leg injury.

Replacing a defender, midfielder and striker at the same time knocked the formation and Mansfield took full advantage. But, while there was certainly mitigating factors the Pools fans were still rightly aggrieved by the manner of the second-half collapse.

Pools were 2-1 up after 52 minutes and on the back of a five-match unbeaten home run confidence was high but three goals in the final 20 minutes - all of which were sloppy and avoidable - left a galling taste.

The match was absorbing and pulsating and you couldn’t take your eyes off it, although Cooper may have wanted to as his defence collapsed, most unlike Pools at The Vic recently, it has to be said.

Afterwards fans were complaining it looked like men against boys at the end. It was, Pools finished with 20-year-old Jordan Richards and 19-year-old debutant Dan Jones in defence.

In midfield 17-year-old Brad Walker, Michael Duckworth, 21, and 19-year-old Jack Barmby, with 19-year-old Luke James up front.

There were of course experienced players alongside them but nevertheless Pools looked shellshocked by Mansfield’s physical and dominating second-half display.

A switch in formation also helped Paul Cox’s team take all three points, with the Stags adding pace and moving from a 3-5-2 to a 4-4-2 formation.

It was a harsh lesson and one which the team must learn from quickly, if they are to avoid the rest of the campaign becoming a damp squib.

Pools, beaten by Oxford United 1-0 on Friday, made just one change with Michael Duckworth in for the suspended Simon Walton, serving a one-match ban and watching from the press box.

Jordan Richards kept his place at right-back, which meant Duckworth was given a more advanced role, wide right of a midfield diamond with Brad Walker protecting the back four.

Pools front three of Harewood, James and Barmby linked up well at times in the opening stages but it was the away side that took the lead in the 20th minute.

James Jennings coolly slotted the ball home from eight yards after a Lee Beevers cross was miscued by burly forward Matt Rhead, only to find Jennings free to take full advantage.

The home crowd was getting restless with Pools struggling to find any rhythm or tempo to their play, with Flinders seeing a lot of the ball under pressure from the Mansfield forwards.

But then Pools struck - Harewood with his third Pools goal and his third in front of the Town End.

Barmby’s quick-feet on the edge of the area helped create the chance, with the ball eventually falling to the 34-year-old who finished clinically from six yards.

The game again burst into life moments before half-time, with Mansfield’s Oliver Palmer claiming he had been fouled by Christian Burgess inside the area but referee Gary Sutton waved it away.

Then from the resulting break, Duckworth jinked into the box and was felled by Ritchie Sutton for a spot kick in the 44th minute.

When Walton isn’t playing Compton is usually the designated penalty taker but Harewood was adamant, sadly for the experienced forward, it was tame and Marriott dived to his left to palm the ball away.

Walker, who had scouts from Bournemouth and Celtic watching him, was one of the few players, along with James, to emerge with any credit.

And the pair linked up well in the 52nd minute to give Pools the lead, the 17-year-old midfielder played a defence-splitting pass which James took control of before sweeping home, off the post, past Marriott.

At this stage it was all looking rosy but Harewood had injured himself in the build-up and while he managed to play on he was eventually subbed in the 62nd minute, along with Compton who had tweaked a hamstring.

Then 90 seconds later Holden had to come off with a back spasm to be replaced by Jones. The injuries were a devastating blow and ultimately turned the balance of the match.

In response to going behind, Mansfield made a double substitution, adding more pace and changing formation.

Substitute James Poole went close with a volley but then it all unravelled for Pools.

Burgess was booked for a dubious foul on Palmer in the 72nd minute and from the resulting free-kick Jennings scored his second of the match to pull Mansfield level.

The defender slipped as he took it but the flight of the ball caught out Flinders who could only watch it sail into the top corner.

2-2 with 20 minutes to play.

Mansfield upped the pressure, hitting the crossbar, and it was an exhilarating game set for a grandstand finish.

Sadly not in Pools’ favour.

Sweeney had a goal rightly ruled out for a foul before Beevers’ deep cross up the other end found the head of Rhead who got above Collins to score in the 80th minute, despite claims Palmer was in an offside position the goal stood.

Six minutes were added and Mansfield’s Jamie McGuire made it 4-2 with a deflected goal in the 92nd minute to bring an end to Pools five-match unbeaten run at home.

Plenty of lessons to be learned and they need to be learned quickly.

Pools (4-4-2): Flinders, Richards, Collins (C), Burgess, Holden (Jones, 64), Walker, Duckworth, Compton (Poole, 62), Barmby, James, Harewood (Sweeney, 62).

Subs Not Used: Rafferty, Rowbotham, Hawkins, Franks.

Booking: Duckworth, Burgess, Walker,

Goals: Harewood (28), James, (52)

Mansfield (3-5-2): Marriott, Jennings, Howell (Clucas, 58), Murray (C), Dempster (Meikle, 58), Riley, Beevers, McGuire, Rhead, Sutton, Palmer (Speight, 82).

Subs Not Used: Clements, Westlake, Daniel, Stevenson.

Booked: Dempster, Jennings

Goals: Jennings (20, 72), Rhead (80) McGuire (90)

Referee: Gary Sutton (Lincolnshire)

Attendance: 2,976 (Mansfield 128)


Scott Flinders: 6. A busy night for Flinders but didn’t always look comfortable coming out for crosses. The free-kick evaded him to give Mansfield the lead.

Jordan Richards: 6. Kept his place at right-back despite the return to the team of Duckworth. Was steady enough but the defence conceded four sloppy goals.

Sam Collins: 6. Commanding first half but will be disappointed with the second, was beaten in the air for their third goal. Came off the field with a nasty knock to his head.

Christian Burgess: 6. Was booked for the 9th time this season for the foul which led to the free-kick for their equaliser.

Darren Holden: 6. Bright enough first-half but went off injured in the second-half.

Brad Walker: 7. MOM. Played in a deeper role to cover for the suspended Simon Walton and did well. Disciplined performance.

Jack Compton: 7. Compton looked the most dangerous player at times but was hauled off after 62 minutes.

Michael Duckworth: 6. Playing in a more advanced position, wide right and was quiet for large periods of the match, understandable given it was his first game back from injury.

Jack Barmby: 6. Played well in patches but doesn’t do enough without the ball. Loan move is now up as well.

Luke James: 7. Scored his 15th goal of the season and put in his usual tireless shift.

Marlon Harewood: 6. Scored a clinical goal to equalise but then missed a penalty, which Compton was set to take. Went off injured with an ankle knock.


Antony Sweeney: 6. Suffered a nasty looking injury which will be a devastating blow for the club captain who could have been set for a return to the first team.

Dan Jones: 6. Debut for Jones who came on at a crucial time in the game. Coped reasonably well but Mansfield scored three after Cooper made his third substitution.

James Poole: 6. Had a couple of efforts narrowly wide of the post but struggled to get any rhythm.


Gavin Hall ?@GavinHall1977

@FrankRHMail @RMennearHMail #terracetweets game was there for the taking. Some cracking football at times. We blew it big style

Jordan Richardson ?@JRich97_

@RMennearHMail @HPoolMail #TerraceTweets Taking @ComptonJ11 off was a bad decision - he was our MOTM. Poor result but cracking game!

Michael Lewis ?@pooliemike07

@HPoolMail #terracetweets disappointing end to season, to many kids, to reliant on loans, not enough experience, invest IOR, a back cooper

Steven Liddell ?@slidds

@HPoolMail disaster of a game,to many kids. No shape when marlon went off. lets just get to 52pts and plan for next season! #terracetweets

Neil Pearson ?@hpoolneil

#terracetweets key decisions cost us, penalty miss, their offside goal and inept/dire officials. Boys against thugs#experienceneeded



Latest | March 2014