{ the news }
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC
Archived News from November 2012

5th November 2012 14:12

Rotherham reserves 1-1 Mansfield reserves
Bradley 31. Briscoe 52

30 Oct 2012
kick off: 2pm
Venue: Rotherham's training ground, Roundwood Pavillion, Parkgate FC

Stags: Liam Mitchell, John Thompson, Luke Jones, George Pilkington, Andy Owens, Louis Briscoe, Chris Clements, Lindon Meikle, Nick Wright, Ben Hutchinson, Lee Stevenson. Subs: Jobe Shaw, Joel Holland, Jake Green, Scott Rogers.

Rotherham United: Tony Thompson, Nicky Hunt, Laurie Wilson, Mark Bradley, Trialist, Jason Taylor, Mitchell Rose, Kieran Agard, Kayode Odejayi, Michael O'Connor, Gareth Evans. Subs: Paul Warne, Nicky Walker, Philip Woods.


Rotherham Res 1 v 1 Mansfield - Report
Posted: Tue 30 Oct 2012

Image by: The Millers are held to a draw...Rotherham United were held to another 1-1 draw in their Central League fixture against Mansfield Town.

A first-half strike from Mark Bradley had the Millers ahead but a goal after half-time ensured the Stags took a share of the spoils.

The Millers started well with Gareth Evans going close on two minutes when his shot from the edge of the area was saved by Liam Mitchell.

A minute later a cross from the left wasn't dealt with by Laurie Wilson allowing Louis Briscoe the chance to shoot, but he put his effort wide of Tony Thompson's goal.

In a scrappy opening period it was the Millers who looked the more likely to open the scoring, and after a terrific pass from Jason Taylor, Kieran Agard was denied by Mitchell.

The Millers early pressure paid off and on the half hour mark they took the lead. A deep cross from the left by Mitch Rose was pulled down by Bradley who fired beyond the 'keeper Mitchell.

Just before the break the Millers had Thompson to thank for keeping the scores level when he tipped Briscoe's shot onto the crossbar.

The Millers made a bright start to the second half when Agard had a shot well saved but they were caught out on 52 minutes by the visitors. After a cross into the area the ball fell kindly for Briscoe who rifled his shot beyond Thompson to equalise.

Agard continued to look lively but after being sent through by a bad back pass his shot was saved, only for the rebound to find Evans who fired over the bar.

Half-time sub Nicky Walker could have put the Millers back in front but after a fine run towards the penalty area his low shot was saved. Five minutes later it was Walker again causing problems when his shot on the turn flashed just wide.

Lindon Meikle had the visitors' best chance of the second half when on 71 minutes his shot was tipped wide by Thompson, and then from the following corner Luke Jones' header was also well saved low down.

Rotherham: Thompson; Hunt, Bradley (Woods HT), Trialist, Wilson, Rose (Walker HT), Taylor, O'Connor, Evans (Warne 66), Odejayi, Agard.

Mansfield: Mitchell; Thompson, Jones, Pilkington, Owens, Briscoe, Clements, Meikle, Stevenson, Wright, Hutchinson.

Subs not used: Shaw, Green, Holland, Rogers.



Latest | November 2012