{ the news }
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC
Archived News from April 2011

25th April 2011 22:36

Blue Square Bet Premier
Mansfield Town 0 - 0 Luton Town

Attendance: 2203 (424 from Luton)

Date: 16 April 2011

Martin Shaw at Field Mill

Mansfield Town produced a very solid defensive display to earn a point at home to play-off bound Luton Town at Field Mill on Saturday. For the Stags, this was the third game at Field Mill in 92 hours, and the players worked extremely hard to preserve the record of never having lost at home to Luton in 10 league games. The Stags' outstanding young defener Tom Naylor limped off injured after 15 minutes, but the injury is not serious (he apparently felt his hamstring was tight and is fatigured). This gave an overdue chance to Mark Preece who made his debut at centre half and played extremely well alongside Steve Foster. David Grof had yet another very good game and Luton must be sick of the sight of him after the FA Trophy semi-finals. Up front, the Stags looked too lightweight with the pairing of Mitchley and Higginson and did not create many goalscoring opportunities, but the overall performance drew considerable applause from the home crowd, who took great delight in rubbing in to the Luton players and fans that the Stags are going to Wembley but they're not! The retort of the Luton fans of "we're going to Accrington" was however humourous.

Before the game, Stags chairman John Radford thanked the Stags fans for supporting the club and buying more than 10.000 tickets so far for Wembley. Radford received a rapturous ovation.

Man of the Match: Mark Preece, Steve Foster, David Grof - couldn't separate them.

Stagsnet player ratings in the Match Centre.


Mansfield Town 0-0 Luton Town
Evening Post report by Matt Halfpenny

BATTLING Mansfield Town held on for a point against a strong Luton Town outfit at Field Mill this afternoon – their third home draw in four matches.


The Stags' cause was not helped when they lost influential central defender Tom Naylor with almost an hour of the game still to play.

But substitute Mark Preece, playing his first game of the season, excelled as Mansfield defended well to keep a second consecutive clean sheet.

The hosts were put under pressure for large spells of the game, but hustled and hassled their more illustrious opponents.

And when the Hatters did look as if they would find a way through, they found man of the match David Grof in superb form.

Mansfield made two changes from the side that beat Bath City 2-0 on Thursday night, Conor Higginson starting up front in place of Luke Medley (hamstring) and Steven Istead replacing Adam Murray (unavailable after joining the Stags from Luton earlier in the season).

After an uneventful opening, Naylor was a relieved man after his back header, intended for Grof, was intercepted by Amari Morgan-Smith, but Gary Silk got back to block the striker's finish.

The central defender slipped again soon after, but Morgan-Smith was this time denied by Grof, who had raced off his line.

Luton looked dangerous each time they got the ball in an advanced position and Claude Gnapka's cross was only just too far in front of Jason Walker.

At the other end, Paul Stonehouse capitalised on the ball striking the corner flag and a deflection to race into the box, but saw his right-foot drive well blocked.

The Hatters were getting closer and as Steve Foster failed to get enough on his header, Alex Lawless had the chance to shoot from close range but his effort was stopped by the legs of Grof.

A great ball in from the right from Dan Gleeson found Walker, but his header was saved by Grof, before play was halted for offside.

There was a severe blow for Mansfield in the 34th minute when star defender Naylor had to go off just three weeks before Wembley, with Preece coming on.

A slick move from Luton saw Gleeson pick out Alex Lawless, whose centre from the right byline was leaded wide of the left-hand post by Walker.

The second half began with the Hatters once again pressing forward.

With Matthew Barnes-Homer on for Morgan-Smith, he was quickly into the action when he forced a smart save out of Grof following a Lawless pass.

Foster then did well to get a block on Gnapka's shot, making Grof's task that much simpler.

As the next Hatters wave came at Mansfield, Zdenek Kroca headed wide after Walker picked him out from the right byline.

The Stags went on the attack and twice in quick succession, no-one could get on the end of dangerous, low crosses from Silk and Adam Smith, on for Danny Mitchley just before the hour mark.

The lively Smith almost when through after playing a neat one-two but lost control at the vital moment.

Grof came to Mansfield's rescue again in the 73rd minute when he blocked Barnes-Homer's finish with his foot following Fred Murray's long throw.

It was all Luton as Robbie Willmott – on for Gnapka – cut in from the right and saw his drive from the edge of the box palmed away by Grof.

It took Mansfield until the 77th minute before they got in their first shot on goal, but Conor Higginson's snapshot was easily held by Tyler and going wide anyway.

A swift break from Mansfield gave Louis Briscoe the chance to pick out Smith in space on the left, but he mis-kicked in trying to make the pass.

With four minutes left, Lawless ghosted into the box but could again not beat Grof who got in the way of his prodded finish.

As the game moved into stoppage time, a poor pass from Gary Silk gave Jake Howells the opportunity to cross for Walker, but his header was always clearing the bar


Patched-up Stags earn solid point to upset illustrious opponents once again
Evening Post considered report by Matt Halfpenny

FROM chairman John Radford's pre-game message of thanks for reaching 10,000 in tickets sales to the fans' mocking chants of 'Che Sera Sera', how Mansfield Town relished rubbing it in.


It was at Luton's expense that the Stags clinched their place at Wembley for the FA Trophy final last month with a 2-1 aggregate triumph – and they were not about to let the Hatters forget it.

In a carnival atmosphere that was a near-resurrection of the post-game semi-final second leg celebrations at Kenilworth Road, it almost seemed as if the result of this league clash did not really matter to the home supporters.

So when a patchwork, unfancied Mansfield side held off their more illustrious opponents to claim an unlikely goalless draw, it simply made the occasion all the more enjoyable.

Forced to sit through incessant taunts, what the 400-or-so travelling Luton faithful really wanted was to have the last laugh on the pitch. They wanted to see Mansfield stuffed out of sight.

Yet despite obvious superiority in most departments, their heroes could not make it count in the one that mattered most – the goals for column.

The Hatters are now all but guaranteed a play-off place, especially after rivals York City and Kidderminster Harriers both failed to win, meaning a point for them was no disaster.

But the fact they failed to right a few wrongs from the FA Trophy exit is sure to rankle.

Having taken over from Richard Money at the end of March, Gary Brabin has seen his team draw five of their six matches.

That is hardly sparkling form to take into end-of season games, where failure is not an option for the Bedfordshire side, considering they missed out at the same stage last year when losing to York.

The Stags, on the other hand, will be buoyed by an encouraging seven days that followed their unexpected 4-0 thumping at Hayes and Yeading.

Three home games in a row may have only produced five points and just one win – last Thursday's 2-0 success over Bath City.

Yet it has certainly restored some much-needed confidence in the players in the lead up to the Wembley trip, which is now fast approaching.

How Mansfield do in their final few league games will not matter in the grand scheme of things. They aren't going to go up or down.

For the purposes of getting the squad in the right frame of mind for May 7, though, avoiding a run of defeats is paramount.

While Luton were able to field a strong team, despite missing a handful of players, the same could not be said of the hosts.

A threadbare squad meant that the absence of the suspended Paul Connor, injured Luke Medley and unavailable skipper Adam Murray – as part of the agreement that saw him leave Luton earlier in the season – was a serious blow.

The result was an inexperienced attacking front two in the shape of Danny Mitchley and Conor Higginson, while Steven Istead came into the centre of midfield alongside Kyle Nix.

And while there was no doubting the commitment of any of those four, or the rest of the team, it was always going to make for a difficult afternoon.

It was hardly surprising that Luton had the lion's share of the possession throughout the 90 minutes, and the only clear-cut chances too.

In fact, it is only fair to point out that Mansfield did not have a single shot on target throughout the duration of the match.

Even so, what the Stags did have in the favour was a resilience to dig out a result and a back four and goalkeeper who stood up to the challenge remarkably well.

There are those regular Mansfield watchers who would have half expected their side to crumble when influential, in-form central defender Tom Naylor was forced to leave the pitch with a hamstring strain that, it was later confirmed, should heal in time for Wembley.

But, if anything, it seemed to inspire the Stags as forgotten man Mark Preece came off the bench to make an instant impression at Field Mill.

The former Forest Green Rovers defender has spent the vast majority of this season sidelined with first ankle and then knee problems.

Even when he has been available he has been out of favour with first David Holdsworth and then current boss Duncan Russell.

It has been a long wait for Preece, but he finally got a chance to show what he could do and did not let Mansfield down in the slightest.

Dropping in alongside captain-for-the-day Steve Foster, it was hard to believe it was his first game for the club as he blunted the Luton attack time and again.

Remarkably, he could now put himself in the reckoning for selection in the big one against Darlington after a near full-season of frustration.

For all that, Luton could still have finished as clear winners but for the excellence of one man – goalkeeper David Grof.

The Hungarian was the bane of the Hatters in both FA Trophy games and he again denied them on multiple occasions with his quick reflexes.

He twice denied Alex Lawless and substitute Matthew Barnes as well as Claude Gnapka in what was probably the best of several fine displays he has produced since joining the club in January.

What a shame for the popular Notts County loanee he cannot play in the one game left this season that really matters.

For Mansfield, given the circumstances, this truly was a point gained rather than two lost, unlike the recent home games with Southport and Barrow.

A victory in their fourth home game in a row against Grimsby tomorrow night would be the icing on the cake and also take them up one place to tenth.

For their part, Luton will be glad to see the back of Mansfield in 2010-11 and hope end-of-season-success means they don't have to face them again for at least another year.

Yet even if they do win promotion to the Football League, the Stags have ensured that those Hatters who visited Field Mill over the weekend are sure to have Wembley nightmares for some time yet

Match facts: Mansfield Town v Luton Town
Mansfield: Grof, Silk, Naylor (Preece 34), Foster, Stonehouse, Cain, Nix, Istead, Briscoe, Higginson, Mitchley (Smith 58). Subs not used: Collett, Thompson, Preece, Spence.

Luton: Tyler, Gleeson, G. Pilkington, Kroca, Murray, Gnapka (Willmott 53), Lawless, Keane, Howells, Morgan-Smith (Barnes-Homer 46), Walker. Subs not used: K. Pilkington, Newton, Carden.

Referee: Seb Stockbridge (Tyne and Wear).

Attendance: 2,203 (424 visitors).

Shots on target: Mansfield 0 Luton 7.

Shots off target: Mansfield 2 Luton 4.

Fouls: Mansfield 7 Luton 12.

Corners: Mansfield 4 Luton 3.

Offsides: Mansfield 4 Luton 10.

Bookings: Mansfield 2 (Nix, 57, foul on Walker; Higginson, 71, foul on Keane).Luton 2 (Willmott, 80, foul on Smith; Keane, 86, foul on Higginson).

Sendings off: Mansfield 0 Luton 0.

Mansfield's man of the match: David Grof. Just as he was against the Hatters in the FA Trophy, the Hungarian was excellent, making a string of top-notch saves to keep the on-top visitors at bay


Mansfield Town 0 Luton Town 0, Saturday 16th April
CHAD report by John Lomas

DEPLETED Mansfield Town gallantly held high-flying Luton Town to a goalless draw as the Hatters failed in their FA Trophy revenge mission at Field Mill this afternoon, reports John Lomas.


With a long list of injuries, added to after only 34 minutes with talented young defender Tom Naylor limping off, Stags looked to be sitting ducks for big-spending visitors determined to gain some revenge for Mansfield's unexpected two-legged semi-final success.

But Mansfield, who had already played twice in the previous four days, dug deep into their reserves of strength and guts to frustrate the play-off bound Hatters with on-loan keeper David Grof again outstanding with a string of saves.

Not surprisingly, visiting keeper Mark Tyler didn't have an on-target shot to save all game as Stags soaked up everything Luton could throw at them, with debt-making defender Mark Preece impressive after replacing Naylor.

Naylor's injury was deemed to be a tight hamstring and fatigue and early suggestions were that he would be fine for Wembley.

And Stags, so often under fire from the home fans in recent weeks, were rightly warmly applauded off the field for their superb efforts.

Mansfield made two changes, both enforced, as Higginson replaced the injured Luke Medley up front while Istead came into central midfield with Adam Murray not permitted to play under the terms of his move from Luton earlier this season.

Before the game Mansfield chairman John Radford addressed the crowd, thanking them for buying Wembley tickets in such good numbers.

Gnapka needed treatment in the opening seconds after a thunderous tackle by Naylor.

Luton had the first chance to cause problems with a Howells free kick on the right but it was launched far too long and went out harmlessly for a goal kick.

Hesitation by Naylor when he should have headed the ball back to Grof on 10 minutes saw Morgan-Smith steam the ball only for Silk to quickly retrieve the situation and block off the striker's route to goal.

Five minutes Naylor slipped as he went to challenge Morgan-Smith, allowing the striker to nip past him. However, Grof was smartly forward to dive on the ball before Morgan-Smith could get in a finish.

Gnapka did well on the right, going past Stonehouse and crossing towards the far post where the ball passed just in front of Walker.

Stonehouse had luck as he overran the ball down the left but saw it hit the corner flag as Luton switched off for the goalkick and retrieve the ball. But Gleeson was alive to it as he dived in to block the full back's shot.

Luton broke well and Grof had to leave his box to kick away ahead of Walker.

Then on 22 minutes Foster headed a left wing cross straight to Lawless who saw Grof keep out his sidefooted finish with his legs.

The Hatters easily cleared Mansfield's first corner as the first side struggled to make any inroads into the Luton defence.

Grof made another great save to keep out a close range Walker header not knowing the striker had been flagged offside from Gleeson's cross.

But there was agony for Stags on 33 minutes as top defender Naylor pulled up with a hamstring problem just three weeks from the FA Trophy final at Wembley.

That saw Preece finally make his debut for Stags following his summer siging as he replaced the youngster on 34 minutes.

Lawless tested Grof from 20 yards with a low shot but the keeper was well-placed to gather.

An inviting Lawless cross to the far post saw Walker put a free header into the sidenetting from a tight angle.

The home side enjoyed their best spell of the game in the last 10 minutes of the half but couldn't find a way through to test Tyler as the half ended 0-0.

Barnes-Homer replaced Morgan-Smith up front for the visitors for the second half.

And within three minutes he tested Grof from a cutting Lawless pass down the centre that offered a shot which Grof beat away, diving to his right.

Two minutes later Gnapka found himself with a shooting chance in a central position, and, despite Foster steaming in to challenge, the Frenchman got away a low shot which Grof again was equal to, Gnapka and Foster staying down for treatment.

An Istead block saw the ball spun forward to give Mitchley an unexpected run at goal but, after an eternity and the striker taking the ball to the edge of the box, an incredibly late offside flag went up.

Gnapka could not shake his knock off and was replaced by Willmot on 53 minutes.

Nix was booked for an innocuous foul on Walker on 57 minutes, but Higginson hooked the free kick clear.

Luton continued to press and when Grof was pulled to the left of his goal but unable to take the ball off Walker, the Luton man put the ball across the unguarded goal but just too high for the towering Kroca to be able to keep his header down and it sailed over the bar.

Stags made a change on 58 minutes as Smith was went on for Mitchley, Briscoe pushing up front and Smith going wide.

The winger made an immediate impact, at the heart of the home side's attacks and unlucky with a low pull-back being cleared after getting to the by-line with some typical wizardry.

Another harsh yellow card was shown on 71 minutes for a trip by Higginson.

Grof was there again on 73 minutes as a long throw was cleared to Barnes-Homer who low snapshot was kept out by the shins of Grof.

Three minutes later Willmott came in from the right and shot low but once again the Hungarian keeper was down low to beat the effort away.

Higginson's 77th minute swerving shot from 25 yards was the home side's first goal attempt. Tyler was behind it all the way but it would have gone wide anyway.

Willmott was added to the notebook for bringing down Smith 10 minutes from time, the players squaring up angrily afterwards.

Briscoe sliced well wide from 30 yards as the minutes ticked away.

Grof's legs were again in the way as Lawless poked a low effort on target on 86 minutes and, as Mansfield broke away, Keane took out Higginson from behind to become booking number four of the afternoon.

Four minutes were added at the end and in that time Walker flicked a header just over from a Howells left wing cross.

Even deeper into added time, Stags won a right wing corner which was overhit by Nix seconds before a huge roar greeted the final whistle.

STAGS: Grof; Silk, Foster, Naylor (Preece 34), Stonehouse; Cain, Istead, Nix, Briscoe; Mitchley (Smith 58), Highinson. Subs not used: Collet, Thompson, Spence.

LUTON: Tyler; Gleeson, G. Pilkington, Kroca, Murray; Gnapka (Willmott 53), Lawless, Keane, Howells; Morgan-Smith (Barnes Homer h/t), Walker. Subs not used: K. Pilkington, Newton, Carden.

REFEREE: Seb Stockbridge of Tyne and Wear.

ATTENDANCE: 2,203(424 away).

CAUTIONS: Stags – Nix 53mins, Higinson 71mins. Luton – Willmott 80mins, Keane 86mins.



Luton fail to take revenge over stubborn Stags
Mansfield Town 0 Luton Town 0
Field Mill Stadium, Blue Square Bet Premier, Saturday, April 16, 2011, 3pm

Luton will feel aggrieved not to have scored against Mansfield after the Hatters failed to turn their dominance into a victory in a goalless draw at Field Mill.

Mansfield rarely threatened the Luton net throughout the 90 minutes with Mark Tyler in the Luton net hardly having a thing to do.

But up the over end, Luton failed to have the creative edge needed in the final third, despite often encouraging play in the build-up, to secure their first win at Field Mill since 1989.

Mansfield perhaps had one eye on the FA Trophy final as the play Darlington at Wembley on May 7, but Luton failed to take their revenge after the hosts dumped them out of that competition at the semi-final stage and in the dying seconds of extra time.

Luton quickly got settled into a neat passing rhythm and it wasn't long until Alex Lawless sent Jason Walker scampering down the right. However, if it had not been for a timely Steve Foster interception, Amari Morgan-Smith would've had a simple tap-in to put Luton in front.

Shortly after, Morgan-Smith continued to make a nuisance of himself as he hounded down Tom Naylor, forcing the defender into a mistake that allowed him to round 'keeper David Grof, but the forward's touch was too heavy and when he eventually cut back inside from a narrow shooting position his effort was scuffed straight at Grof.

However, Luton were almost caught napping in the 20th minute when it appeared that Paul Stonehouse had lost control of the ball out on the wing but, with a little help from the corner flag, the left back managed to keep the ball in play, cut back inside and fired a low drive which was blocked by Zdenek Kroca.

The visitors continued to dominate though and almost took the lead after Howells' cross fell to an unmarked Alex Lawless but the midfielder got the ball caught underneath his feet and was only able to unleash a weak shot straight at Grof.

Despite all their attacking play, Luton were struggling to create a clear chance on goal and even when Luton had it at three-on-three on the edge of the Mansfield box, they were restricted to a long range attempt from Lawless that never threatened Grof.

Mansfield's defence was being battered and bruised – Foster, in particular, was making a number of vital blocks for the hosts - but when Lawless' cross was headed wide by Walker no defender was in sight and the forward will be disappointed in himself for not getting his effort on target.

Gary Brabin shuffled his attacking line at the break by bringing Matthew Barnes-Homer on in place of Morgan-Smith and the striker almost made an instant impact. Lawless picked up a poor Mansfield clearance and set up Barnes-Homers whose 20-yard low drive required a brilliant save from Grof.

The second half was proving to be as frustrating as the first with Luton unable to penetrate the stern Mansfield defence.

However, when Walker skipped round Grof following good work by Jake Howells it seemed Kroca might get an opportunity to head Luton in front. However, Howells', slightly delayed, cross was just a bit too high for the defender to fully control.

Then, Freddie Murray's long throw teed up Barnes-Homer for an acrobatic attempt but Grof, once again, saved well with his feet.

And the 'keeper was once again tested moments later as Robbie Willmott shot from range.

But as the minutes ticked away, it looked more unlikely that Luton would find a winner with Mansfield started to think they could steal the win. However, like their visitors, every time they charged forward they let themselves down with the final ball in the box.

Lawless had a great chance to win game late on as but his low effort was clawed away by Grof and then Howells summed up Luton's frustrations with a rash and over hit blast from just outside the Mansfield box. Walker then had a great chance to steal all three points but couldn't keep his header down from Lawless's cross.

Mansfield Town: Grof, Silk, Foster, Briscoe, Nix, Naylor (Preece, 34), Stonehouse, Istead, Higginson, Cain, Mitchley (Smith, 68)
Unused subs: Collett, Thompson, Smith, Spence

Luton Town: Tyler, Gleeson, Murray, Keane, G Pilkington, Morgan-Smith (Barnes-Homer, 45), Kroca, Lawless, Howells, Gnakpa (Willmott, 53), Walker
Unused subs: K Pilkington, Newton, Carden

Referee: Seb Stockbridge

Attendance: 2,203 (424)


Stags hold on for a point as Town boss Field Mill draw

Mansfield Town 0 (0) Luton Town 0 (0)

DRAW specialists Luton claimed the fifth stalemate of Gary Brabin's six-game reign as Town were held to a goalless draw by Mansfield at Field Mill this afternoon, writes Mark Wood.

The Stags certainly didn't miss an opportunity to rub in their FA Trophy final Wembley appearance, playing Que Sera Sera and their Wembley song Blue and Yellow to remind the Hatters of their semi-final defeat.

Mansfield may be heading to the home of football, but Town dominated this game as they worked Stags keeper David Grof throughout, while Mansfield hardly managed a meaningful shot all afternoon.

The Hatters made three changes from the side that held champions Crawley to a goalless draw on Tuesday night. Adam Newton, Robbie Willmott and Paul Carden dropped to the bench and into the starting XI came Dan Gleeson, Keith Keane and Amari Morgan-Smith.

The two sides got off to an even opening and after Claude Gnakpa had been clattered into a couple of times, Town finally got a sight of goal on 11 minutes. Tom Naylor struggled to deal with Gleeson's ball over the top and Morgan-Smith got in-between him and Grof, but by the time he got the ball under control his shot was blocked.

And more haphazard Stags defending almost gave Luton a chance again four minutes later. Naylor again struggled to deal with a Gleeson pass, allowing Morgan-Smith to skip through, but Steve Foster threw himself at the ball and did just enough to put the Town striker off at the vital moment.

A lovely Luton move saw Gnakpa whip a cross across the face of goal on 20 minutes, before some indifferent defending almost let Paul Stonehouse in seconds later. With the ball looking like it had run out on the left, the Stags left-back got a fortunate rebound off the corner flag and cut in from the byline before being denied by a number of Luton players who flung themselves in the way of his effort.

Town crafted another great chance moments later when Jake Howells' cross was flicked on by a defender's head into the path of Alex Lawless, but he could only sidefoot straight at Grof.

Jason Walker was marginally twice offside when presented with great heading opportunities at the back post before Gnakpa had a shot blocked and Lawless' heavily deflected follow-up was easily snaffled by Grof.

And with three minutes to go another glorious chance went begging for the Hatters. Gleeson's canny pass allowed Lawless to nip to the byline where he hung it up to the back post, but this time Walker could only send his downward header wide.

Barnes-Homer replaced Morgan-Smith at the break and almost made an instant impact. Lawless seized on a poor clearance and slid Barnes-Homer through the middle but Grof was able to beat away his blast.

Foster did well to take the venom out of a Gnakpa wallop, but the Frenchman took a heavy knock in the process and was replaced by Willmott.

The towering frame of Zdenek Kroca could only send Walker's chipped cross over, while Walker stabbed a good chance well wide after good work by Lawless on 63 minutes.

Mansfield finally managed a spell of pressure but a still failed to muster a shot on or off target, while Barnes-Homer had a snapshot saved by Grof's legs on 72 minutes.

Some good build-up play ended in Grof parrying away Willmott's 20-yarder, while Conor Higginson finally had the Stags' first effort on 77 minutes but Mark Tyler easily gathered his off-target effort.

Town went close again with four minutes to go when Barnes-Homer produced some good hold-up play and Lawless burst through but was again denied by Grof.

Walker planted a header over the bar from Howells centre in stoppage time, but that was the last real chance in a sorry game that ground to a goalless draw.

Stags: David Grof, Gary Silk, Steve Foster (C), Louis Briscoe, Kyle Nix, Tom Naylor (Mark Preece 34), Paul Stonehouse, Steve Istead, Conor Higginson, Ashley Cain, Danny Micthley (Adam Smith 58). Substitutes not used: Neil Collett, Tyrone Thompson, Dan Spence.

Hatters: Mark Tyler, Dan Gleeson, Freddie Murray, Keith Keane, George Pilkington (C), Amari Morgan-Smith (Matthew Barnes-Homer 46), Zdenek Kroca, Alex Lawless, Jake Howells, Claude Gnakpa (Robbie Willmott 53), Jason Walker. Substitutes not used: Kevin Pilkington, Adam Newton, Paul Carden.

Booking: Nix 57; Higginson 71; Willmott 80; Keane 86.

Referee: Seb Stockbridge.

Assistant referees: Paul Brown and Geoffrey Liddle.

Fourth official: Duncan Carratt.

Attendance: 2,203 (Luton 424).

Star Hatter: Alex Lawless. Was the game's most consistently creative influence



Latest | April 2011