{ the news }
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC
Archived News from April 2023

24th April 2023 10:00

English Football League - Sky Bet League Two
Newport County 1 - 2 Mansfield Town
Wildig 85. Boateng 24, Gale 73
Attendance: 3,575 (200 from Mansfield)

Date: 18 April 2023


Martin Shaw at Rodney Parade

Mansfield Town won 2-1 at Newport County last night to maintain high hopes of finishing in a play-off position. With Salford City beating Hartlepool 2-0 at home, the Stags actually dropped down to 8th on goal difference (by one goal), but have a game in hand on Salford, with 4 games to go. The Stags also cut the gap to Bradford to 2 points, and to Carlisle and Stockport to 3 points (with a game in hand), but the gap to 3rd placed Stevenage remains at 7 points. Stevenage come to Mansfield on Saturday in another massive game.

The win was Mansfield’s 11th away from home this season, equalling the club record number of away wins in the Football League: 11 (set in 1974/75 and 1976/77). The club record including non-league seasons is 13 away wins set in the Conference winning season 2012/13, and with only one away game left, the Stags cannot equal that, but could still set a new club record in the Football League.

The Stags were good value for the win, with Hiram Boateng scoring his 3rd goal in 4 games, having not scored before that this season. James Gale replaced the injured Jordan Bowery after 68 minutes, and scored his first league goal after 73 minutes, a stunning effort, and he was so unlucky not to make it 3-0 after 83 minutes with another stunning effort that cracked against the post. This was the night he really came of age. Newport pulled a goal back after 86 minutes, but Mansfield held out for a deserved victory.

Mansfield were down to the bare bones again and further injuries during the game to Bowery and McLaughlin (again, but a different injury) meant that Mansfield finished the night with 10 injured players (Oates, Clarke, Maris, Reed, Danny Johnson, Bowery, McLaughlin, Swan, Hartigan, O’Toole). The remaining players are putting in an incredible shift.

Mansfield were unchanged from the side that drew at Grimsby. One change on the bench, Danny Johnson didn’t travel with a tight hamstring, and he was replaced by youth teamer Taylor Anderson.

Newport, managed by former Stags manager Graham Coughlan, who has done a good job at Newport pulling them away from the relegation zone to just below mid-table, were able freshen up their side, making four changes from their side that beat Hartlepool.

The Rodney Parade pitch is perfect these days, having had a lot of money spent on it by the Welsh Rugby Union.

After 6 minutes, a good clearance by Perch as a cross came in, though the offside flag was up. Four minutes later, Perch was in the action again, rescuing Kilgour after a rare mistake from Kilgour. And on 14 minutes, great defending from Hewitt as Charlie McNeil, on loan from Manchester United, pushed forward. Two minutes later, more good defending from Perch, rescuing Hewitt.

The first shot of the match came after 17 minutes as McNeil fired 2 yards over the bar from 18 yards after a Mickey Demetriou long throw.

Newport went close after 17 minutes. A Demetriou long throw was headed away by Kilgour, straight back to Demetriou, who lifted the ball back high into the middle, Will Evans nipped in behind the Stags defence and tried to flick the ball past Pym, but Pym got something on it to turn the shot onto the roof of the net. Good keeping from Pym. From the resulting corner from the right taken by Evans, high beyond the far post, Demetriou looped a header back across goal, and with Pym, and Quinn on his line, watching it, it hit the top of the bar and went over. I think Pym had it covered.

Mansfield took the lead after 24 minutes with their first shot. Callum Johnson’s throw-in was to Bowery, with his back to goal on the right of the area, level with the edge of the six yard box. Bowery held off his marker and lifted the ball over his shoulder into the path of Boateng who showed quick feet to get past Priestley Farquharson, and fire under the keeper from 4 yards. The ball deflected off underside of the keeper and into the bottom left corner of the net. No goals all season for Boateng, then 3 in 4 games.

Hewitt was booked after 25 minutes. A little bit like Boateng and his goals, no yellow cards in the league for Hewitt, then 3 in 4 games!

Demetriou brought down Hewitt 25 yards from goal after 30 minutes and picked up a yellow card. Boateng chipped the free kick into the box and Kilgour headed wide.

At the other end, McNeil tried a chip from 40 yards with Pym off his line, but it was easily caught by Pym.

On 34 minutes, Akins did well to take the ball out to the left, then cut back inside, and squared the ball for Hewitt for a shot from 17 yards. Hewitt side-footed his shot and the keeper made a comfortable save low to his right. It was a soft shot from Hewitt from a good chance, and he probably should have belted it.

At the other end after 36 minutes, Keillor-Dunn cleared after McNeil pulled the ball back from the byline.

Perch was booked for a foul on McNeil after 38 minutes. No complaints. Moments later, Pym did well to catch a free kick.

After 45 minutes, Demetriou played into the area to James Waite, who turned one way then the other, and fired well wide.

After 45+4 minutes, from a Keillor-Dunn corner, Perch’s shot was blocked by Scot Bennett, the ball looped up, Perch tried another shot missed the ball and caught Bennett. It was a foul, but not a bookable offence in my opinion. The referee ignored Newport’s attempts to get Perch sent off for a second booking. Graham Coughlan called it a “stonewall red card” after the game, which it plainly wasn’t. Some referees would have given a yellow card, but it was far from stonewall.

Mansfield ahead at the break. The game probably deserved to be 0-0, but the Stags in front from Boateng’s neat finish.

Half time 0-1

With Perch on a booking, having committed another foul, and having played 90 minutes on Saturday at the age of 37, it was sensible to replace him at half time, with Harbottle available again after his concussion. Quinn took over from Perch as captain.

After 47 minutes, Akins turned a fired a pea-roller of a shot straight to the keeper.

Keillor-Dunn did well to turn and find a yard to send in a shot, but it was wide, after 50 minutes. After 56 minutes, great play from Akins to set Bowery away, but he wasted his cross.

Good defending from Harbottle after 59 minutes, mopping up at the back.

Pym made a brilliant save to keep Mansfield in front after 60 minutes. Following yet another Demetriou long throw-in, substitute Aaron Wildig crossed from the right, Evans met it 11 yards out with a low shot and Pym made a brilliant save, getting down to his right with his right arm. As the ball ran loose, Harbottle did well to clear. Following the resulting corner, Wildig chipped into the area, Cameron Norman chested down and volleyed well wide from 15 yards.

Wildig chipped a free kick into the Stags box after 63 minutes, Pym went to claim it, the ball appeared to be knocked out of his grasp by Farquharson, and Demetriou lifted the loose ball over the bar from a tight angle. Pym protested to the referee, who simply gave a goal kick.

Bowery limped off after 68 minutes. Nigel Clough said after the game: “Jordan Bowery - tight hamstring. This is the thing when you’re playing every single minute of every single game.” Bowery was replaced by Gale.

Nathan Moriah-Welsh fired wide from 30 yards for Newport after 71 minutes.

Mansfield made it 2-0 after 73 minutes. The move started with a Newport corner. Gale headed it away. Boateng nicked the ball off Aaron Lewis on the edge of the area and surged forward over the half way line. He played out to Gale who was in front of him to his left. A lovely little flick from Gale took him past Moriah-Welsh, to the edge of the area, Gale then cut inside McNeil before curling a shot into the bottom right corner of the net from 16 yards. A simply stunning goal from Gale, his first ever Football League goal, to add to his goal in the EFL Trophy, and a great time to score it.

McLaughlin replaced Boateng after 80 minutes. McLaughlin came after 89 minutes and the idea was to give him a few minutes this time. McLaughlin went into midfield. Whilst he has mostly played at left back and left wing-back for Mansfield, he has played in midfield at other clubs.

After 83 minutes, another stunning piece of play from Gale and it was so nearly 3-0. Harbottle chipped a free kick towards the edge of the area from just inside his own half, Akins superbly chested down, and Gale curled a sweet left footed shot from 22 yards, which cannoned back off the left post with the keeper nowhere near it. Wow, what an effort from Gale, and so unlucky.

Wallace blocked a 25 yards shot from Wildig after 84 minutes.

And Newport pulled a goal back to make it 1-2 after 85 minutes. Moriah-Welsh fed Lewis on the right touchline. Lewis curled in a cross across the edge of the six yard box and Wildig headed down and into the net from 6 yards at the far post. Harbottle, who otherwise played very well, could perhaps have done better and prevented Wildig’s header.

That changed the complexion. The Stags could have been 3-0 ahead, but instead it was 2-1.

Keillor-Dunn was booked for a foul after 89minutes.

Disaster for McLaughlin as he was forced to limp off after 90 minutes, having been whacked. McLaughlin was returning from an ankle injury. Clough said after the game: “it’s not his ankle, that’s the good news. The bad news is it’s his knee but we’re not sure how serious. He’s in a fair bit of discomfort. It doesn't look too good."
On came Jason Law.

After 90+1 minutes, Newport wanted a penalty. Yet another Demetriou long throw-in, Quinn headed it away, Law tried to clear further and the ball bounced up and hit his arm/shoulder. The camera angle isn’t perfect to judge whether it should have been a penalty. It looks like it hit him high on the arm, and then he tried to pull his arm away. I asked Jason after the game if it should have been a penalty. He showed me where it hit, at the top of the arm, where a short sleeve shirt would finish, which is right on the boundary between arm (where it would be handball) and shoulder (where it would not). Anyway, the officials decided it wasn’t a penalty. They probably took into account firstly that the ball bounced up and hit him, and also probably took into account that it hit on the boundary between the shoulder and the arm. I think some referees would have given it though so in that respect a bit of luck for Mansfield. But of course Mansfield were denied a stonewall penalty in stoppage time at Grimsby on Saturday.

Law was in the action again after 90+5 minutes, booked for a foul.

8 minutes of stoppage time had been added and after 90+8 Calum Kavanagh tried an overhead kick which was well wide.

The Stags saw out stoppage time and were able to celebrate a huge 3 points. As the players and management celebrated with the visiting Stags fans after the game, manager Nigel Clough was pointing at the players, to indicate the phenomenal effort they have been putting in, down to the bare bones as they are, and that they deserve all the credit.

The Stags deserved the win, having that extra quality going forward and in defence. I wouldn’t normally give my man of the match to a player only on for a quarter of the game, but I think this was James Gale’s night, his coming of age. The rest of the team were terrific too, great defending from Perch, Kilgour, Harbottle (aside from the goal), Hewitt. Wallace, Quinn and Boateng played well in midfield, with Boateng notching his goal. Akins was again excellent up front. Bowery played well until his injury, including an assist for Boateng’s goal.

Newport relied heavily on long throw-ins from Demetriou, regularly taken 5 or 10 yards further forward than they should have been. When you go to Newport, instead of counting corners, you should count throw-ins. The Stags defended them very well.

So, Mansfield are unbeaten in 8 games: 3 wins and 5 draws. Too many draws in that run, but least this was a win, and much-needed. On to Saturday, and a huge game against Steve Evans’s Stevenage.


Newport County 1-2 Mansfield Town: Stags keep up play-off chase with win
Wildig (86'minutes)
Boateng (24'minutes), Gale (73'minutes)
Lewis (86'minutes)
Bowery (24'minutes), Boateng (73'minutes)


Mansfield Town maintained their hopes of securing a League Two play-off place with an away win at Newport County.

The Stags took the lead midway through the first half when Hiram Boateng poked the ball past Joe Day after a smart flick on by Jordan Bowery.

From a Newport corner Mansfield broke and substitute James Gale finished off the move to double the Stags' lead.

The hosts pulled one back as Aaron Wildig headed home Aaron Lewis' cross but it was too little too late.

Mansfield drop out of the play-off places on goal difference, as Salford City's 2-0 win over Hartlepool sees them move into seventh place.

However the Stags still hold a game in hand over Salford, with both sides currently on 69 points.

Newport manager Graham Coughlan told BBC Sport Wales: "We gave two sloppy goals away but other than that I thought we were really good tonight.

"I thought it was a really good game, a really good advert for League Two football between two really good teams.

"The league table will show a distance between them and us, but our performance levels tonight shows we are not far off."

Match Stats
Home Team Newport Away Team Mansfield
Possession Home 51% Away 49%
Shots Home 13 Away 8
Shots on Target Home 4 Away 4
Corners Home 3 Away 4
Fouls Home 10 Away 14


James Gale’s first league goal sees Mansfield Town to a crucial victory at Newport County
chad.co.uk, Tues 18 Apr 2023

Mansfield Town remain firmly in the play-off hunt thanks to a well-deserved 2-1 victory at Newport County tonight.

James Gale's first EFL goal proved to be the winner as Stags actually dropped a place out of the play-offs on goal difference due to Salford City winning 2-0, but Nigel Clough's men still have a game in hand.

Stags - now unbeaten in eight games - bagged a goal in each half as their encouraging momentum heading towards the final few games of the regular campaign continued.

Clough named an unchanged line-up for the trip to south Wales, and it proved to be a rather untidy opening 15 minutes from both sides.

The first real opportunity fell to the Exiles, with Nathan Moriah-Welsh firing straight at Christy Pym after he’d met Mickey Demetriou’s long throw-in.

Charlie McNeill then took aim from distance, only to see his effort drift wide.


The hosts were on top, and the woodwork then came to the Stags’ rescue when Demetriou’s header clipped the crossbar.

It was against the run of play when the Stags then struck after 24 minutes.

Jordan Bowery flicked the ball to Hiram Boateng from a throw on the right, and he took a smart touch before poking a shot past keeper Joe Day - his third goal in four games.

Suddenly the Stags’ tails were up, and Alfie Kilgour headed off target after he rose to meet Boateng’s floated cross.

Elliott Hewitt also came close to grabbing a second when his curler was smartly dealt with by Day.

James Perch, already booked, was lucky to stay on the field just before the break when he caught Scott Bennett with a swinging boot and Clough elected to replace him with Riley Barbottle at half-time.

The Stags were soon on the front foot again early in the second period.

Lucas Akins found space in the Exiles’ box, but Day made a decent save and David Keillor-Dunn then worked himself an opening, only to drag his effort off target.

The Stags had impressed pretty much from the start at Rodney Parade, but the relative security of a second goal was all that was missing as the hour mark approached.

That was highlighted when Pym was forced to make a superb double save to keep out Calum Kavanagh and Will Evans on the hour.

However, sub Gale effectively sealed the Stags’ win with 17 minutes left when he Stags broke quickly through Boateng and he found Gale who skipped past a challenge before curling home exquisitely.

Gale then also rapped a shot against the post on 83 minutes.

With four minutes to go the home side set up a nervy finish as Aaron Wildig nodded home a Lewis cross at the far post.

The Welsh side were then furious with the officials as they called for a penalty for handball against Jason Law in eight minutes of stoppage time that Mansfield saw out well for a first win at Rodney Parade in almost seven years.

However, the Stags' long injury list looks to have quickly added Stephen McLaughlin back onto it as, just nine minutes after coming on as a late substitute, he took a nasty kick and had to limp off again.

Jordan Bowery also came off with a hamstring problem.

Stags now have four games left to secure their play-off berth, three of them at home in eight days over next week.

NEWPORT: Day, Drysdale (Baker, 45), Farquharson (Lewis, 68), Demetriou, Norman, Moriah-Welsh, Bennett (Wildig, 57), Evans, Waite (Bogle, 67), Kavanagh, McNeill. SUBS NOT USED: Rai, Bowen, Townsend.

STAGS: Pym, Hewitt, Kilgour, Perch (Harbottle, 46), C Johnson, Wallace, Boateng (McLaughlin, 81 (Law, 90)), Quinn, Keillor-Dunn, Bowery (Gale, 68), Akins. SUBS NOT USED: Flinders, Anderson, Abdullah.

REFEREE: Thomas Kirk.



Mansfield edge out Newport County in League Two play-off push
southwalesargus.co.uk, By Chris Kirwan, Tues 18 Apr 2023

NEWPORT County AFC failed in their bid for a Rodney Parade hat-trick after being edged out by play-off hopefuls Mansfield 2-1 in a feisty League Two encounter, with stoppage time handball controversy.

The Exiles were aiming to back up their successes against Northampton and Hartlepool on home soil but it was the Stags that took the spoils to boost their top-seven bid.

County trailed 1-0 at the break after the only goal of a battle came from Hiram Boateng, who exposed hesitant defending from a long throw.


The Exiles were pushing for a leveller when the Stags doubled their lead in the 73rd minute through James Gale, who finished calmly after a counter-attack from a home corner.

County stuck at it and got a lifeline with five to go when substitutes Aaron Lewis and Aaron Wildig combined, the latter heading in at the far post.

The Exiles felt they should have been given a chance to level from the spot in the first of eight added minutes but their appeals for handball were waved away on a night of infuriating officiating.

It certainly looked like a spot kick.

Mansfield held on but this provided more evidence that County, in 18th, are not far off those that are at the right end of the table.

They are now mathematically safe courtesy of Hartlepool’s defeat at Salford but boss Graham Coughlan, formerly of the Stags, will be frustrated that they couldn’t win three on the spin.

The club last did that in the 2020/21 run-in, which was followed by a fourth against Forest Green Rovers in the play-off semi-final.

Coughlan kept with the same 18-man squad but made four changes to his starting line-up - freshening up or an eye to the future?

Priestley Farquharson came in for Matt Baker to start at the heart of the defensive three and James Waite made his first start since Crawley on January 2 in midfield alongside Nathan Moriah-Welsh at the expense of Aaron Wildig and Aaron Lewis.

Omar Bogle dropped out of the XI for the first time since the end of February with loanees Charlie McNeill and Calum Kavanagh paired up top.

Cameron Norman was fit to retain his bid for back-to-back ever-present seasons after his collision with the right post at the north end of the ground at the end of the Hartlepool game.

It was a battle from the off at the County end - with Farquharson adding physicality - while their lively and diminutive attackers looked to stretch the Stags.

The first shot of note came in the 16th minute when Mansfield defended a Mickey Demetriou long throw and the ball fell to McNeill, who worked a bit of space on his right before curling a shot a couple of yards over from the edge of the box.

County went close twice in quick succession with 20 minutes on the clock when Will Evans beat Christy Pym to an up and under from Mickey Demetriou only for the ball to deflect behind off the goalkeeper.

The roles were then reversed; Evans then swung in a deep corner and Demetriou headed against the top of the bar with a looping effort.

That gave County reason for optimism but they were soon behind after failing to deal with a Mansfield throw into their box.

Jordan Bowery flicked the ball on and Boateng eluded the leaden-footed Farquharson before beating Joe Day from close range, with Norman failing with a block.

Suddenly Mansfield looked more like promotion contenders and a good run and cutback by Lucas Akins found Elliot Hewitt on the edge of the box but his effort was saved by Day low to his right.

With four players in the book - Scot Bennett and Demetriou for County, Hewitt and James Perch for the Stags - it was a feisty encounter and Farquharson got away with a lack of composure as half-time approached.

He missed his kick on halfway, scrambled to recover and then overhit his pass back to Day a couple of yards wide of the ‘keeper. Thankfully the corner came to nothing.

County were forced into a chance in added time when Declan Drysdale, recently back from January knee surgery, limped off to be replaced by Baker.

Davis Keillor-Dunn showed quick feet but dragged a shot wide in the opening exchanges of the second half as Mansfield started on the front foot.

Farquharson was having a torrid time and was outmuscled by Akins before dragging the forward down to see yellow.

County were forced into a second change approaching the hour when Bennett limped off to be replaced by Wildig.

The experienced midfielder promptly created a golden chance for a leveller with a dangerous cross into the box but Will Evans couldn’t find the finish, nor could Kavanagh from the rebound.

County were having their best spell, helped by the loud baking from behind the dugouts, and Coughlan brought on Lewis and Bogle to push for the equaliser.

That saw Farquharson and Waite head for the side, meaning a change of shape with Lewis deployed very high up the pitch on the right.

County were pushing for a leveller, and then got hit by a sucker punch.

Lewis was dispossessed on the edge of the box after a corner and Mansfield broke at pace with Moriah-Welsh and McNeill scrambling.

Gale chopped inside and kept his cool inside the box to give the Stags breathing space.

The frustration was helped by a fussy and perplexing performance from referee Thomas Kirk while the Peter Crouch-sized assistant was receiving plenty of barbs from Coughlan.

Mansfield were close to a third after 83 minutes when Gale’s superb curler beat Day but not the left post, meaning the Exiles still had a chance of getting something.

Then they struck with five to go thanks to a patient attack that ended with a peach of a Lewis ball to the far post where Wildig, who timed his run to perfection, headed down and into the roof of the net.

County had eight added minutes to rescue a point and their mood wasn’t helped when the ball seemed to bounce up against a Mansfield hand in the box but the officials disagreed.

The boos at the final whistle and reaction from those in amber showed the home verdict.

County: Day, Norman, Drysdale (Baker 45), Farquharson (Lewis 66), Demetriou (captain), Evans, Bennett (Wildig 57), Waite (Bogle 66), Moriah-Welsh, Kavanagh, McNeill.
Substitutes not used: Townsend, Bowen, Rai.
Goal: Wildig.
Yellow: Bennett, Demetriou, Farquharson.

Mansfield goals: Boateng, Gale.
Yellow: Hewitt, Perch, Keillor-Dunn.

Referee: Thomas Kirk.
Attendance: 3,575 (200 Mansfield)



Newport County suffered a narrow 2-1 defeat to promotion-chasing Mansfield Town on Tuesday night at a bouncing Rodney Parade.

Newport went two down to goals from Hiram Boateng and James Gale, but the home faithful got behind their side and helped get their side back into it.

Aaron Wildig popped up at the back post with a well taken header to reduce the arrears but it wasn't enough and the visitors went home with all three points.

Newport carried on their exciting attacking football from Saturday with a swift break on six minutes, with Mickey Demetriou’s wicked pass finding Charlie McNeill.

The forward played an audacious volleyed through ball to Will Evans, unfortunately, though, the Welshman had strayed offside.

Demetriou did well in his own area on 13 minutes. Davis Keillor-Dunn found space down the left to put in a ball towards the dangerous Jordan Bowery. As the frontman leapt to head in six yards out, our captain did brilliantly to head clear under pressure.

McNeill then took aim from the edge of the box three minutes later and it nearly proved fruitful, cutting in to send a near-perfect shot toward the top right, his effort, though, went just over with the ‘keeper helpless.

Evans beat the offside trap in the 21st minute and again Demetriou was at the heart of it. His right-footed cross found Evans on the six-yard line but his poked effort was diverted over the bar by goalkeeper Christy Pym.

Demetriou hit the bar from the resulting corner kick, rising highest to meet a looping delivery which landed on top of the bar as it went over.

Mansfield took the lead shortly after in what was a sucker punch for County, with Boateng beating a number of defenders deep inside the box before stabbing it home with his left.

The visitors’ threatened again just before the half hour mark when they were awarded a free-kick on the corner of the left side of the penalty area.

Boateng delivered it towards the far post where Alfie Kilgour waited, his header, thankfully, was way over the bar.

Elliot Hewitt met a cutback after some good wing play from Lucas Akins, the former met it with a firm side-footed shot which was well gathered by Joe Day.

James Waite had a good chance in the 45th minute and it was all his own making. He trapped it from Demetriou’s pass in the area, cut back on his left, sending a defender packing in the meantime, but dragged his shot well wide.

Keillor-Dunn had the first attempt on goal in the second period on 50 minutes, twisting and turning inside the penalty area before shooting with his left, however, the shot dribbled well wide.

Pym had to be at his best to keep County out shortly after with a brilliant double save to deny Evans and Calum Kavanagh.

From the resulting corner-kick, Cameron Norman chested down a cross from substitute Aaron Wildig, before sending a volley toward the far post that had Pym flat-footed, but sadly it dropped just wide.

After some neat build up play Nathan Moriah-Welsh found himself in space about 30 yards out. He took aim but unfortunately, his shot went a few yards over.

The visitors doubled the lead in the 73rd minute with Gale’s goal, which came from a swift counter-attack from a Newport corner, ending with the substitute cutting onto his right to bend one into the far corner.

Gale nearly added to his tally on 84 minutes, sweeping a delicious shot towards the far corner that cannoned off the upright.

Newport deservedly got on the scoresheet and it was a brilliant team goal. Moriah-Welsh with neat feet on the edge, layed it off to Aaron Lewis, whose teasing ball found the late run of Aaron Wildig to head head into the ground and into the roof of the net.

We were denied a penalty in stoppage time after a bouncing ball appeared to strike a Mansfield arm, but referee Thomas Kirk decided against awarding a spot-kick.

Kavanagh tried a late bicycle kick deep into added time but sadly for the Exiles it went wide of the left-hand post.

Newport County XI: Day (GK), Norman, Drysdale (Baker, 45’), Farquharson (Lewis, 67’), Demetriou (c), Evans, Bennett (Wildig, 57’), Moriah-Welsh, Waite (Bogle, 67’), McNeill, Kavanagh.

Subs not used: Townsend (GK), Baker, Bowen, Rai.

Mansfield Town XI: Pym (GK), Johnson, Kilgour, Perch (c) (Harbottle, 46’), Hewitt, Wallace, Boateng (McLaughlin, 81’), Quinn, Keillor-Dunn, Bowery, Akins.

Subs not used: Flinders (GK), Anderson, Abdullah.

Referee: Thomas Kirk

Assistant referee: Christopher Wade

Assistant referee: Declan O’Shea

Fourth official: Lisa Rashid



Latest | April 2023