STAGS FANS UNITED SOCIETY LIMITED
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Annual General Meeting of Stags Fans United Society Limited will be held at 1861 Suite, One Call Stadium, Quarry Lane, Mansfield on Wednesday 6th September 2017 at 6.45pm to transact the following business:-
1 To receive and consider the accounts for the years ended 31st December 2014 and 31st December 2015.
2 To re-elect Darren Shaw as a member of the Society Board.
3 To re-elect Keith Underhill as a member of the Society Board.
4 To re-elect Gary Bridges as a member of the Society Board.
5 To re-elect Matthew Ellis as a member of the Society Board.
6 To re-elect Martin Shaw as a member of the Society Board.
7 To pass the following resolution relating to auditing the accounts of the Society in future accounting periods:
“It is resolved that subject to the provisions of section 4A of the 1968 Friendly and Industrial and Provident Societies Act, the members of the Society shall not require an audit for the accounts covering the financial years ending on 31 December 2016 and 31st December 2017 when they are presented to the following AGM of the Society to be held in 2017 or 2018.
The members of the Society agree that the accounts for the financial years ending on 31st December 2016 and 2017 and for which reports will be laid before the following AGM do not require a full audit provided that:
a) the total income for that year does not exceed the threshold laid down by Supporters Direct for audit exemption (currently £25,000);
b) an independent examination of those accounts is carried out in place of the full audit. The independent examination will be carried out in line with the best practice of Supporters Direct; and
c) a report from the independent examiner is included within the accounts and circulated to members.
The Society notes that:
· An independent examination does not carry the same weight as a full audit.
· The members of the Society instruct the Society Board to identify a suitably qualified practitioner to undertake the review.
· The Society Board shall agree the appointment of the independent examiner and shall agree the terms of that appointment in writing.
· Supporters Direct has no liability in respect of any accounts of the Society.
· Supporters Direct will use the report of an independent examiner when considering the Society's eligibility for membership of Supporters Direct as against the criteria in its membership policy.
8 To transact any other business which may be properly carried out at the meeting.
9. General Question and Answer Session (The AGM will be followed by a Fans Forum with John Radford at 7.30pm).
Dated 24th August 2017
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Society Board Member
1. A member of the Society is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote on his behalf at the Annual General Meeting. A proxy does not have to be a Member of the Society. The appointment of a proxy must be done by a letter addressed to the Chairman of the Society. The letter should clearly state the name of the member and the name of the proxy. The letter should be handed to the Chairman of the Society before the start of the Meeting. No person other than the Chairman can act as a proxy for more than three members. If there is any question about the validity of a proxy then this shall be determined by the Chairman of the Meeting whose decision is final.
2. If there are any questions you would like to ask at the AGM or Fans Forum, please email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org or Darren.email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org