{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

bids for Rose and Angol

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: bids for Rose and Angol

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:51 am

James wrote:MacAnthony doesn't like loaning strikers, but is prepared to loan Jason Cummings from Forest

He does mention this but says he does not want a second loan striker.

Peterborough do a great job at buying players from lower down and then selling them on. I've argued for a while that if JR wants to speculate then this a good model to follow. I liked the bit of DF's interview this week when he said "“Part of the sustainability of the plan going forward is to develop players and sell them when they hit the ceiling. All the top clubs do it. Brentford are probably the best at it and they make phenomenal money.”
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:52 am

kwambo wrote:Just seen an interview with posh owner. Apparently they came back in for rose after there bid for Jackson from Accrington was unsuccessful. Stated that they tried to put a package together but we were unwilling to negotiate.

Also stated that since the end of may due to Evans wishes he has spent 2.8m on players signing on fees and transfers, new changing rooms and upgrading the training ground to give Evans the best chance for promotion.

Probably designed to make Rose even more unsettled.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:58 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I was just watching the same interview with Darragh MacAnthony :lol: He's clearly full of himself but I admire his willingness to be transparent about the transfer dealings at the club. It's a really good interview. There are some interesting points that he makes:
- Peterborough have spent £2.8 million since the end of May on players (and training pitches)
- Ivan Toney was on Premier League wages and they have spent a substantial transfer fee and big wages on him.
- They are still looking for a 4th striker
- They tried to sign Kayden Jackson and thought they had agreed terms. They spent £4,000 on a medical.
- They then tried to sign Danny Rose from Mansfield but JR was clearly sticking to his asking price and not prepared to negotiate.
- They are not panicking about signing another striker yet because you can still loan players to buy them until 31st August.
- Any 4th striker they sign will be a loan deal with a permanent signing in January so the selling club cannot back out.
- He's not a fan of loan strikers as he wants to develop their own players.
- He's happy to give substantial sell on clauses to other clubs as he agrees with big transfer fees trickling down to lower league clubs
- Ryan Tafazolli is just seeing out the last year of his contract but Peterborough would like to win promotion and then get him to sign another three year contract.
- League 1 players want to try and sign for a Championship clubs and earn £9,000-£10,000 per week
- Peterborough paid £60,000 for Idris Kanu from Aldershot. He is now on loan at Port Vale.

Definitely got the right man in Evans then! :P

I do agree a bit of transparency goes a long way, but us fans are notoriously fickle and political and love a good conjurer trick ;)

As an owner / gaffer you'll never win: either say little and suffer the wrath of mistrust & ignorance of fans, or provide regular updates and feed the conspiracist machine till they've nurtured a full blown rumour tumour. I do also wonder how accurate DM's soundbites are
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:07 am

Darragh MacAnthony is talking about signing players and developing them. Not the youth team. Peterborough have a great record of doing this:

Dwight Gayle (£6,000,000 to Crystal Palace, 3rd July 2013)
Britt Assombalonga (£5,500,000 to Nottingham Forest, 6th August 2014)
Ryan Bennett (£3,500,000 to Norwich City, 31st January 2012)
Conor Washington (£2,700,000 to Queens Park Rangers, 19th January 2016)
Craig Mackail-Smith (£2,500,000 to Brighton & Hove Albion, 4th July 2011)
Jack Marriott - £2,500,000-£5,000,000 to Derby County
Paul Taylor (£1,500,000 to Ipswich Town, 30th August 2012)
Lee Tomlin (£1,500,000 to Middlesbrough, 18th February 2014)
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:10 am

Foxy wrote:I agree with Thon, sorry I mean ArsenecWengers Coat.

barking up the wrong tree as usual Foxy. Two different people.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Foxy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:19 am

Oh okay Martin.

Heyup anyway Thon, hope you're well.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:34 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Darragh MacAnthony is talking about signing players and developing them. Not the youth team. Peterborough have a great record of doing this:

Dwight Gayle (£6,000,000 to Crystal Palace, 3rd July 2013)
Britt Assombalonga (£5,500,000 to Nottingham Forest, 6th August 2014)
Ryan Bennett (£3,500,000 to Norwich City, 31st January 2012)
Conor Washington (£2,700,000 to Queens Park Rangers, 19th January 2016)
Craig Mackail-Smith (£2,500,000 to Brighton & Hove Albion, 4th July 2011)
Jack Marriott - £2,500,000-£5,000,000 to Derby County
Paul Taylor (£1,500,000 to Ipswich Town, 30th August 2012)
Lee Tomlin (£1,500,000 to Middlesbrough, 18th February 2014)

I agree bud, but i can't remember Evans showing much evidence of developing his signings during his reign here?

I think it worked for Posh because they have the money / facilities to take a few punts on seeing if someone comes good. At the moment i'm not sure Stags have enough for that, but it's encouraging that we're making headways in that direction
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:43 pm

Id like DF to remain here for a while, Fed up of having managers leave after a season or two for not winning the league... Id love a stable squad so that we could take a gamble on a couple of hot non league players or youth players to sell on like the above. We've sold no one of note yet.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:21 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Id like DF to remain here for a while, Fed up of having managers leave after a season or two for not winning the league... Id love a stable squad so that we could take a gamble on a couple of hot non league players or youth players to sell on like the above. We've sold no one of note yet.

That's been more down to the poor handling of player contracts more than anything to do with any managers.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:36 pm

James wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Id like DF to remain here for a while, Fed up of having managers leave after a season or two for not winning the league... Id love a stable squad so that we could take a gamble on a couple of hot non league players or youth players to sell on like the above. We've sold no one of note yet.

That's been more down to the poor handling of player contracts more than anything to do with any managers.

True.. Taff would of gone for a decent amount with a good add on
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:32 pm

Undisclosed as in one of the following possibilities:
1 - Shrewsbury have paid a ‘shed load’ of cash and don’t want the tax man to know.
2 - Shrewsbury are embarrassed at having paid money for someone who puts jog all effort in despite having the ability
3 - Stags are embarrassed at receiving a small fee for one of our most expensive signings. Mansfields worst bit of business since Abacus asked a Yorkshire pudding if he had a £1 to invest.
4 - Stags are too busy laughing and uncorking the champagne to put any effort into a decent press conference.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:47 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Undisclosed as in one of the following possibilities:
1 - Shrewsbury have paid a ‘shed load’ of cash and don’t want the tax man to know.
2 - Shrewsbury are embarrassed at having paid money for someone who puts jog all effort in despite having the ability
3 - Stags are embarrassed at receiving a small fee for one of our most expensive signings. Mansfields worst bit of business since Abacus asked a Yorkshire pudding if he had a £1 to invest.
4 - Stags are too busy laughing and uncorking the champagne to put any effort into a decent press conference.

Probably 2, but they havn't realised yet.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:49 pm

:?: :?: Wonder if Danny Rose will be involved at tomorrows game at Yeovil
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby withnail » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:14 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::?: :?: Wonder if Danny Rose will be involved at tomorrows game at Yeovil

I think there's more chance of Lord Lucan donning the amber and blue.
withnail
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:29 pm

bellwhiff wrote:The irony. Have you started frothing yet in anticipation of 31 August?

Ya keep gerrin nibbles whiffy but he's not truly hooked yet. Ant ya gorrany Yorkshire Pudding flavoured boillies in yer tackle box?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:27 pm

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:01 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::?: :?: Wonder if Danny Rose will be involved at tomorrows game at Yeovil

I think the official line will be the transfer talk has unsettled him. :o
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby JimmyMac » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:37 pm

What was the reason Danny put in a written transfer request? Has he had a broken promise?!?! :coys:
JimmyMac
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:20 pm

JimmyMac wrote:What was the reason Danny put in a written transfer request? Has he had a broken promise?!?! :coys:

Under Evans rose was probably guaranteed first team football and was our number one striker, now under flitcroft I think he rates Davies as 1st and Walker as 2nd and Rose obviously 3rd. Maybe he has a chance of getting back into the team now angol has gone, but i think he will go on loan with a fee agreed
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:23 pm

I'm confident that Peterborough will come back with another bid for him. They are clearly not prepared to meet JR's asking price at the moment.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:29 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I'm confident that Peterborough will come back with another bid for him. They are clearly not prepared to meet JR's asking price at the moment.

And until they meet our asking price, JR should tell them to foxtrot oscar.

We got money for Angol, who for us, was utter, utter garbage. JR has recovered some of his losses backing the appalling, abysmal, disgusting Evans, he can afford to play hard ball.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:51 am

A better sell on clause would be the way forward for us at the moment.
Rose and Angol have the potential to be great players.
If it's not natural it comes with a lot of hard work and I don't think these two really want it.
I'd like us to buy a non league player with that potential to sell on or just maybe we can bring on our youth.
I would love the Radfords to make some money from us.

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:24 am

Danny has two years left on his contract. His value will remain high for the next six months whatever happens. There's zero reasons why Radders should move on his asking price.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:51 am

I think Rose will almost certainly still leave by the end of this month, really hope JR does not move on his asking price.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:07 am

DoomMerchant wrote:Danny has two years left on his contract. His value will remain high for the next six months whatever happens. There's zero reasons why Radders should move on his asking price.

2 I can think of are...
- to free up his wages
- to make sure there isn't disharmony in the dressing room

When those are weighed up against moving on the valuation he has for Rose, I don't know if he'll want to budge, but the smart move, if it can be arranged, would be to ship him out on loan with a permanent deal agreed for January.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum