{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Transfer Rumours

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Transfer Rumours

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:52 pm

Vice President wrote:I am surprised that so many on here are criticising Lincoln's signing of Akinde, when most people have been clamoring for us to sign him over the last year!
I think Akinde is a very good signing for them. Akinde & Green (with Rhead & Palmer as back-up) are 4 strikers with a proven goals record at this level.
We, on the other hand have taken a much bigger gamble by choosing strikers with far less goals scored at this level.
Hopefully our approach will pay off ....... but I don't think we are in a position to gloat just yet.

I don't think our 'gamble' is that massive, we signed a striker who scored 15 odd goals in league one last year and a young striker from the championship who has something to prove. Akinde is a good signing for Lincoln, and I am a little jealous but I won't be losing sleep over it. He's just a good plenty taker anyway ;)

I just hope there's not a thread started everytime green or akinde score :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:09 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Vice President wrote:I am surprised that so many on here are criticising Lincoln's signing of Akinde, when most people have been clamoring for us to sign him over the last year!
I think Akinde is a very good signing for them. Akinde & Green (with Rhead & Palmer as back-up) are 4 strikers with a proven goals record at this level.
We, on the other hand have taken a much bigger gamble by choosing strikers with far less goals scored at this level.
Hopefully our approach will pay off ....... but I don't think we are in a position to gloat just yet.

I don't think our 'gamble' is that massive, we signed a striker who scored 15 odd goals in league one last year and a young striker from the championship who has something to prove. Akinde is a good signing for Lincoln, and I am a little jealous but I won't be losing sleep over it. He's just a good plenty taker anyway ;)

I just hope there's not a thread started everytime green or akinde score :lol:

Palmer has left for Crawley . Apart from that I totally agree .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:01 pm

It’s the length of the contract
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:23 am

I think this signing confirms Lincolns style of play for the coming season. I thought they may have started to move to a better passing approach but it seems not.

In my opinion this is the main reason the Cowleys won't get a job higher up the leagues as the style is not conducive to gaining promotion higher up the pyramid. If Lincoln do get promoted their journey up the pyramid will not continue with this style.

I also think other league 2 clubs will not roll over so easily this year when encountering the Lincoln battering ram this season. As Paul Cox found out, other teams learn from the experience and second seasons aren't as successful as the first.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:36 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I think this signing confirms Lincolns style of play for the coming season. I thought they may have started to move to a better passing approach but it seems not.

In my opinion this is the main reason the Cowleys won't get a job higher up the leagues as the style is not conducive to gaining promotion higher up the pyramid. If Lincoln do get promoted their journey up the pyramid will not continue with this style.

I also think other league 2 clubs will not roll over so easily this year when encountering the Lincoln battering ram this season. As Paul Cox found out, other teams learn from the experience and second seasons aren't as successful as the first.

This style worked for Big Sam and Mark Hughes.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:46 am

stag861 wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I think this signing confirms Lincolns style of play for the coming season. I thought they may have started to move to a better passing approach but it seems not.

Remind me what they won please whilst using this style and how sustainable were those successes.

If you want to stand still and not progress then ok but you will always be susceptible to relegation and fans will get bored.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby laneymtfc » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:34 am

Anybody heard anything on Alex Kiwomya? we were supposedly in pole position to sign him before we left for Portugal
laneymtfc
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:42 am

laneymtfc wrote:Anybody heard anything on Alex Kiwomya? we were supposedly in pole position to sign him before we left for Portugal

According to the Anonymous Kitman, who so far has revealed nothing of any interest.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:20 pm

stag861 wrote:

Is that the Mark Hughes responsible for Stokes relegation after 10 years?
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:33 pm

Big yella wrote:
stag861 wrote:

Is that the Mark Hughes responsible for Stokes relegation after 10 years?

Hughes doesn't play long ball.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby laneymtfc » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:30 pm

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/spor ... les-white/

spent a lot of time injured last season, but would he be someone flitcroft might bring in?
laneymtfc
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby oldweststander » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:32 pm

Didn't we have him on loan from QPR some time ago?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby laneymtfc » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:33 pm

We did and he only made 7 appearances back in 2014
laneymtfc
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:05 pm

laneymtfc wrote:http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/16342676.swindon-town-decide-against-offering-contract-to-jamie-sendles-white/

spent a lot of time injured last season, but would he be someone flitcroft might bring in?

Would be quite surprising I think. Put in some good performances under Cox then Murray, but not played much at all since then.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:28 pm

Bit of a nutter by all accounts.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:12 pm

I heard he was a bad influence on some of the other players.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:36 am

Could do with a signing to take my mind off the international football for a bit lol. Any new rumours guys? I assume were after 2 more defenders that's about it?
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:02 am

lifestags wrote:Could do with a signing to take my mind off the international football for a bit lol. Any new rumours guys? I assume were after 2 more defenders that's about it?

Not seen any rumours for a while. Assume Nathan Cameron will more than likely be one of the defenders.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:08 am

Was heavily linked with Alex Kiwomya, but all been a bit quiet on that front.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:13 am

marker_mtfc95 wrote:Was heavily linked with Alex Kiwomya, but all been a bit quiet on that front.

Only by the Anonymous Kitman who has got nothing right so far.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:36 am

If he is after defensive cover then I am confused that he would not keep Digby, can only assume he is on a fair whack and not value for money.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:59 am

lifestags wrote:If he is after defensive cover then I am confused that he would not keep Digby, can only assume he is on a fair whack and not value for money.

In the latest interview from Futcher he mentioned they had received an offer for Digby hence the reason he didn’t travel

We definitely need another CH or 2 if Cameron is not signed. Still nothing on Diamond very strange nothing has been said.

I wouldn’t be surprised if one or two Trialist turn out tonight?
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:50 am

Yorkshire Stag will be back soon to his foot stamping. I mean, what on Earth is Flitcroft doing ???
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:57 am

bellwhiff wrote:Yorkshire Stag will be back soon to his foot stamping. I mean, what on Earth is Flitcroft doing ???

Bore off you become so dull after a while, however as you cannot go a week without falling out with anyone just to keep the interaction going if anyone plays pants tonight i’ll let you know so you can comment from your southern computer flower
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:03 pm

Re : Diamond, I get the sense from last season that he is another one of these players who is fit to train on a regular basis. He played the first few games last seasons then disappeared for 2 and a half moths with an innocuous injury, came back and was part of our best spell of the season through till the end of Jan, then disappeared again until mid-March.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum