{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby Sneag » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:42 pm

chambta wrote:
Sneag wrote:
chambta wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:“Better Manager than Evans”

Bwahahaha

Even someone as emotionally malnourished as you knows that it's all relative.

Jack Lester keeping Chesterfield in the division this year would be a far, far greater achievement than Evans winning promotion with you.

It really wouldn't. :lol:

Go on then, I'll indulge you.

Why would a promotion this season (without a league title) with the budget he's enjoyed, be anything more than doing the minimum required?

Getting promoted is success, regardless of budget, regardless of expectation. Getting promoted is the be all and end all, a promotion is NEVER the minimum requirement you flipping muppet.

I'll grant you that if Lester can finish 90th this season that will also be a success.

Oh and this is our house we indulge you by allowing your presence here you smarmy raspberry.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:01 pm

chambta wrote:
Sneag wrote:
chambta wrote:

Bwahahaha

Jack Lester keeping Chesterfield in the division this year would be a far, far greater achievement than Evans winning promotion with you.

It really wouldn't. :lol:

Go on then, I'll indulge you.

Why would a promotion this season (without a league title) with the budget he's enjoyed, be anything more than doing the minimum required?

Maybe because there are Luton , Swindon , Coventry with big
budgets too . Cambridge spent quite a bit , Wycombe have added players to an already established team . Lincoln are on a high from last season and brought some good players in . You always get a few teams what exceed expectation so there are not guarantees of promotion . Evans even quoted that it may take two seasons
Are you telling me your budget is a lot worse than teams above you ? . You brought in bad players , you failed to replace bad players . Both your managers have been poor . You can praise Lester up as much as you want but look at his results since he's taken over . In a few more games , some of your lot will want him out .
And your stupid comment about Lester keeping you up will be a big achievement is a joke . Cast your mind back to when you drew against us . You and your fellow sheep were talking about sneaking into the play offs ., catching us up . When you made these ridiculous comments the budget wasn't even considered . Now your in the poo it's a big thing . So tell me what's gone wrong since your FA cup day ?
You have gone from bad to worse . Look at your points tally since jacks took over . Anyone else would be sacked . We all told you it was the new manager syndrome but your deluded lot thought you would climb the table
It's OK having a decent budget but you need to have the right manager to spend it well . You then have to select the right players . We have spread the budget out wisely . If our budget was as great as you think then why did we lose out on a few players to teams in our league because we couldn't match them ?

We have a better budget than you but the main thing is we have a better manager and a better owner . You would of cashed in with Dennis .our chairman turned down big offers down from quite a few teams for different players .
There are no certainties we will get promotion or you will go down but I'd rather be a supporter of a team with good players a good manager and a excellent owner . A team going places

You keep making excuses and keep looking at the history book .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:06 pm

chambta wrote:

Bwahahaha

Someone as intellectually challenged as you really needs to stop making a fool of yourself. I can’t be arrsed to scroll back through this hilarious thread but you definitely said he’s going to be a better manager than Evo. I think you’re a desperate sad sack. I think your bilge team are going out of the league and if they do, I’ll be at Barnet to wave you off.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:16 pm

Belly . He probably rather come on here than his own forum . He expects us to pull down his team . What he don't expect is some of the dipper fans actually starting to agree with us
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:42 pm

Didn't Ashley Carson say in a recent interview that Chesterfield have the 3rd biggest budget in League two?

Therefore Chesterfield are by underachieving by far with the resources Gary Cauldwell and Jack Jester have had. :lol:
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:43 am

BBC Commo team said Countys budget is 2million this season and wasnt a "big" one for this league :shock:
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:21 am

Morecambe have had a winding up order. I know County used to get these all the time and it was no big deal, but it would be a shame if Morecambe went bust and it saved the sheep from the drop.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:15 pm

We'd lose 6 points n all.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:51 pm

ParisStag wrote:Morecambe have had a winding up order. I know County used to get these all the time and it was no big deal, but it would be a shame if Morecambe went bust and it saved the sheep from the drop.

They play each other on Saturday.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:35 pm

That's a massive game, lose that and they are 7 points away from all but 2 teams after 32 games - 7 points is over 1/4 of all the points they have, so a big gap. And with Crewe playing Yeovil and Cheltenham v Port Vale, suddenly the pack will be pulling away and they could see themselves getting cast adrift.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:50 pm

I wish that Chesterfield didn't get that freak win against Luton. They could be the vital points they need to stay up. It would be typical of them to escape the drop on the last day.
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby Foxy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:26 pm

it wouldn't surprise me if there were irregular betting patterns from the far east on that match tbh Tre Cool and i'm not even joking.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:12 am

Hartlepool have had 4 winding up orders this season it's only 50k a pop.
Jeff sterling will pay that for this Saturday wages.
Morecambe will not go under they don't have Evans as a manager :D
I think we all know that they will survive like county did.
I was on holiday the day we got demoted from the league on an Internet computer in a hotel 1 euro for 15 mins.
I cried and will never forget it my whole life.
Would I wish this on the cheats? Only those who laughed and berated us?
Oh yes because it was everyone of them
What goes around comes around.

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:57 am

The local MP Toby Perkins, has posted on Bobs Board about his investigation into the takeover fiasco.

We all knew it wasn't going to happen, I can't believe a proportion of their fans ever actually believed it would.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:32 am

stagmanrob wrote:The local MP Toby Perkins, has posted on Bobs Board about his investigation into the takeover fiasco.

We all knew it wasn't going to happen, I can't believe a proportion of their fans ever actually believed it would.

;)

https://www.peakfm.co.uk/news/local-spo ... -payments/
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:15 am

So according to some of their fans , the reason the potential buyers pulled out was because they watched them lose to Crewe and Stevenage :lol:
No buyer would pull out for that reason . They knew Cheaterfields predicament, a couple of results wouldn't of made any difference . It looks obvious that Carson had no intention of selling or the buyers realised they were buying a sinking ship .

One post I quite liked what a fan put was , what has happened since the Mansfield and Barnet game to cause this downward spiral .

Yes Chumbta , what has happened ?
Maybe you should of brought in a experienced manager instead of golden boy ?
Last edited by tmwilson on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:21 am

stagmanrob wrote:The local MP Toby Perkins, has posted on Bobs Board about his investigation into the takeover fiasco.

Perhaps they will believe the "new consortium " who are said to be British will takeover ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:38 am

This is becoming more "Mansfield circa 2008" by the minute.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Admiral Sook » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:57 am

It's truly amazing, the turn in fortunes of our clubs. They were on the cusp of The Championship as we were reviving our sorry near corpse from the worst years in our history.
Us fans old enough to remember when we were on an even par loved the times when we played them them at Field Mill and Saltergate in the 1980's and early 90's. Two clubs that have been so far apart since then are still far apart but going in different directions.
It's beyond our dreams and beyond their nightmares.
Admiral Sook
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagmanrob » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:08 am

Amber Andy wrote:

Perhaps they will believe the "new consortium " who are said to be British will takeover ?

Rumours are that this British consortium would be headed by Ashley Carson, and it would involve a group of his mates from in and around Sheffield. If true they'd be no better off.
It'd be like sacking the McCann's as your babysitter to replace them with Rolf Harris.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:30 am

When Stag supporters start possibly feeling sorry for our sheep molesters friends over the M1....

Remember this arrogant post on Bobs Board posting about falling into non league football......

This league we are in now is virtually non league anyway
Morecambe Stevenage Crawley FGR Mansfield lincoln Grimsby Luton accy Barnet Colchester Wycombe etc all former non league clubs......

Hopefully Cheaterfield will have their name added to the wall of fame very soon
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:51 am

It’s called a wind up,

It’s all they have left.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:00 pm

chambta
Post subject: Re: Are You Going to Get Promoted Then?PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:58 pm

Ben Superstag wrote:
You just concentrate on staying in your division and we'll do our part. I'd hate to pass you on the way up, but i'd laugh my bottom off!

chambta wrote:
We are garbage at the moment, I'll freely admit that but we aren't that bad.

Patience truly is virtue. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MTG
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby adsstag » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:21 pm

An MP siding with the current owners of a football club - where have we seen that before????

It is more or less a carbon copy of mansfield 2008...

How fortunes have changed......

Time in the conference will do them good....

Didn’t they refer to us as ‘our non league friends’

Wasnt there a banner ‘welcome to Mansfield, the home of non league football’

It’s about time the table have turned......
adsstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Marky Mark » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:36 pm

If they go down, there needs to be a campaign of mass winding up that lasts at least a season. In fact, when it is confirmed, there should be a separate board on here opened for both ideas and £ contributions to the best ones.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum