{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Who ate all the BEST pies?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Who ate all the BEST pies?

Postby Sneag » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:52 pm

No one with any sense that's for sure.

Given the odd kick off time today I thought I'd 'treat' myself to a pie.

Got a pie for me & one for our lass & a bottle of water. £9 quid later I got to my seat & took a bite out of the pie. Actually that's a lie, I tried to take a bite, but the crust was so hard I couldn't get my teeth into it.

I turned it over & the base was burnt black. Took it back, nice lady in the kiosk swapped it for a 'fresh' one. This one at least was brown rather than black. This one at least the lid & contents were just about edible, the rest went in the bin.

Lynn's pie like my second was dry, reheated within an inch of its life and most of that ended up in the bin too.

Considering what the club are charging for this stuff the standard is an absolute frigging disgrace. How many times are unsold pies on matchday reheated a fortnight later?

That is the last penny I spend on food in that place until they sort this garbage out.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Re: Who ate all the pies?

Postby Costastag » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:59 pm

Sorry for laughing but pies and water :coys:
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:01 pm

Costastag wrote:Sorry for laughing but pies and water :coys:

The water wasn't for me, but to be honest, the pie was that dry & salty I needed a gallon of the stuff. :lol:
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:13 pm

Sneag wrote:
Costastag wrote:Sorry for laughing but pies and water :coys:

The water wasn't for me, but to be honest, the pie was that dry & salty I needed a gallon of the stuff. :lol:

Bowings they are dry
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sharp » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:31 pm

Its a very good job that things on the pitch are so good, as a lot off of it isn't to clever at all, and no-one in the club seems to want to improve it.

Everything (pie wise) in the WSU had gone by the middle of half time.
Sharp
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:35 pm

Sharp wrote:Its a very good job that things on the pitch are so good, as a lot off of it isn't to clever at all, and no-one in the club seems to want to improve it.

The club is in desperate need of a commercial/stadium manager to take these issues by the scruff of the neck.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:44 pm

Rather wait till end of game and go home for me dinner
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:57 pm

Curry 9 Brace 7 wrote:Rather wait till end of game and go home for me dinner

On a 3pm kick off I would.

This was lunch. Won't be making that mistake again.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:06 pm

At one time we always bought food inside the stadium. Gave up with that many years ago due to the high price and awful quality. Cannot comment on the latest offerings but does not sound like it is any better. It is such a shame that with so many good things happening at the club the commercial side is so bad. Like others have said there does not seem to be anyone managing this side of the club.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:17 pm

the food has been really poor for some time now, that’s why it’s spoons for me on match days sadly, the club need to up their game again to get the fans in pre match
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:05 am

yorkshire stag wrote:the food has been really poor for some time now, that’s why it’s spoons for me on match days sadly, the club need to up their game again to get the fans in pre match

Had a sausage roll at the ground, first time for years, it was awful.

Have to say it was just greasy pastry, hardly any sausage, 30 mins later my stomach felt like I had eaten a brick.

Didn't notice the price.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:14 am

Agree, the hot food offering is rubbish. It’s been downhill since they replaced the pukka’s with those dry, tasteless new ones.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags Head Stags » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:15 am

Chris M wrote:At one time we always bought food inside the stadium. Gave up with that many years ago due to the high price and awful quality. Cannot comment on the latest offerings but does not sound like it is any better. It is such a shame that with so many good things happening at the club the commercial side is so bad. Like others have said there does not seem to be anyone managing this side of the club.

Who is there to challenge this though? We know the commercial side has been crap for years now but nothing changes?

SSA? Or is it up to us to email/phone the club to report individually?
Stags Head Stags
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:36 am

Stags Head Stags wrote:
Chris M wrote:At one time we always bought food inside the stadium. Gave up with that many years ago due to the high price and awful quality. Cannot comment on the latest offerings but does not sound like it is any better. It is such a shame that with so many good things happening at the club the commercial side is so bad. Like others have said there does not seem to be anyone managing this side of the club.

Who is there to challenge this though? We know the commercial side has been crap for years now but nothing changes?

SSA? Or is it up to us to email/phone the club to report individually?

Good luck with that in finding someone to talk to or complain to about anything
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Elkesley Stag » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:30 am

I asked if they had any tomato ketchup and was told they only had red and brown sauce. :lol:
Elkesley Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Hon Sec » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:58 am

I don’t buy pies at the ground, but I have bought them from Bowrings shop in Woodhouse and they are usually very good. So they must be reheated at the ground to be so bad. But saying that, there’s always people buying them every game so they can’t really be that bad or no one would buy them.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jamie » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:10 pm

Same as others we used to get food and drink at the ground, but stopped bothering due to the queues, pricing and poor quality (on hot stuff). Used to love a pie but dont bother now. We just pop in the shop opposite Titchfield on our way down to get a drink and sweets etc. I'd happily pay more at the ground to help the club but not when I have to wait 15 mins at least to get served.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:44 pm

I've had a few pies recently and they are tasteless and dry like others have said. just to add insult to injury I asked for a Tikka pie yesterday and got Steak :roll:

The burger bar in the fan zone do nice Cheeseburgers, that's my usual.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:02 pm

Pukka in
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:12 pm

The One wrote:Pukka in

I was happy when we got Bowrings in as it support local business & their full size pies are lush. But there does seem to be a common complaint that the small pies in the kiosks are too dry.

Pukka or Fluer de Lys pies are a much better catering sized pie IMO.

Sorry Bowrings.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:20 pm

I had a sausage roll a month or so back, it was so aneamic I had to give it a transfusion before I ate it. The food, when there is any, is terrible, but yesterday most was sold out before kick off and before the poor sods queueing up managed to get in. The match day experience at our club remains appalling, it's a good job the football side is going so well.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Pitkin » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:22 pm

Sharp wrote:Its a very good job that things on the pitch are so good, as a lot off of it isn't to clever at all, and no-one in the club seems to want to improve it.

Very true,at the risk of being pilloried by the 'only on Stagsnet with a successful team do we complain' brigade, you are quite right there are a few things that need addressing....replica kits, an ongoing saga....Castore need sacking off for quality and availability issues.
The queues to get in, especially now the North Stand is open are ridiculous, starting at 12.10 and getting in at 12.36....folk sliding into the queue further up is annoying and will cause too much friction one day.
The food; you are right Sneag, just isn't good enough, and needs addressing. Pies with the guts burnt out has been the norm for too long.
And finally, more litter bins for the hundreds of plastic beer containers. Do we really want to stand with these things blowing around our feet?
Someone can sort all this fairly quickly I reckon, it's just a question of motivation......
Pitkin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby victor A block » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:05 pm

Sharpe was replaced by Carolyn. She lives in Portugal. Absence makes the pies go harder.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:14 pm

Cheese burger with onions followed by a pint goes down a treat. from just outside Sandys.
Pies are a bit risky,
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:19 pm

[soundcloud][/soundcloud]
Pitkin wrote:

Very true,at the risk of being pilloried by the 'only on Stagsnet with a successful team do we complain' brigade, you are quite right there are a few things that need addressing....replica kits, an ongoing saga....Castore need sacking off for quality and availability issues.
The queues to get in, especially now the North Stand is open are ridiculous, starting at 12.10 and getting in at 12.36....folk sliding into the queue further up is annoying and will cause too much friction one day.
The food; you are right Sneag, just isn't good enough, and needs addressing. Pies with the guts burnt out has been the norm for too long.
And finally, more litter bins for the hundreds of plastic beer containers. Do we really want to stand with these things blowing around our feet?
Someone can sort all this fairly quickly I reckon, it's just a question of motivation......

Completely agree about the queues, it just needs splitting into 2 separate lines, 1 for upper and 1 for lower, at the moment people are just Queing up in 1 big line which is taking ages to go down.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum