{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Wrexham Away tickets.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Wrexham Away tickets.

Postby Pitkin » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:50 pm

Stags Head Stags wrote:
Pitkin wrote:I have a question and if its been asked already apologies for repeating...however, when it says 9pm ticket sales start, how come someone goes online and gets 2 tickets in the 'basket' to purchase at 8.30pm?
I went on at 8.56 and was faced with a 4 hour wait....which went down of course, but by 9.12 it was saying tickets had gone.

I logged on at half 8 and waited in a virtual queue until the website let me on at 9pm.

I don’t believe anyone would have been able to add tickets prior to 9pm.

Neither did I, but tis true, the lady in question who goes with her Dad asked him if he wanted them , and he said no with it being Easter, so she came off the site. As I say I was on at 8.56 and got a 4 hour wait message, so evidently something was happening before 9pm
Pitkin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sneag » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:53 pm

stagtastic1 wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
victor A block wrote:Priority should always be for those that went to Hereford on "that night"

Nah, there was something important riding on that one encouraging people to go.
Priority should go to people who went to meaningless long distance Tuesday night away games in the Haslam years, such as the 35 at Swansea in October 1997. ;)

Going further back, early 1970’s I can recall a stags fan with his own small taxi firm (Mawers) run from his home in Ladybrook who would run one or two to away matches.
I was at school at the time and attended matches with my mum and I am sure that not many more people attended, other than those taxi loads.
How times change eh, and long may they continue.

Roker Park 1978. I didn't see another Stags fan all day. I stood on the Fulwell end with my Stags scarf on.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:57 pm

I posted on here not too long ago with a long list of clubs that have a loyalty system.

Stockport recently announced one due to high demand at the back end of this season. For their game against Salford this week, this was the criteria….

As demand is expected to greatly exceed the amount of available tickets and in order to allocate them fairly, priority windows are to be given to season ticket holders depending on the amount of away games attended so far this season

Tickets will first go on sale to season ticket holders who have attended 10 or more away games in all competitions so far this season and will be available from 10am on Friday 9th February.

… we will then go on sale to season ticket holders who have attended 5 or more away games in all competitions so far this season, and will be available from 10am Monday 12th February.

Tickets will then be available to all season ticket holders from 10am Tuesday 13th February, before any remaining tickets go on general sale from 10am on 14th February.

That is undoubtedly the fairest way of doing things, and we should absolutely be adopting this system also. Someone could have gone to 18 away games this season and missed out to somebody who only went to County, which can’t be right. I think deep down everyone would agree with that.

Everyone has a chance to accumulate points at the many away games that don’t sell out, so any argument of ‘a closed club’ is invalid for me.
Last edited by BH_Stag on Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:04 pm

It can't be particularly difficult, can it? Every time you make a purchase your account/ individual season tickets get credited with a digital "stamp".

Like how your "post" count goes up on Cloughnet.net every time you comment. Or the good old days in the Pate Bar when you'd buy a pint (RIP)
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:07 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:It can't be particularly difficult, can it? Every time you make a purchase your account/ individual season tickets get credited with a digital "stamp".

Like how your "post" count goes up on Cloughnet.net every time you comment. Or the good old days in the Pate Bar when you'd buy a pint (RIP)

You’d think with the new system all that data will be easily accessible. It should be backdated for this full season.

Points should be based on the previous 12 months or something and be on a rolling basis so it is always updating and based on ‘recent’ attendance.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BELSE » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:12 pm

What if some one buys away tickets but does not go just to get points
BELSE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby adamstag » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:14 pm

Thing is as others have said they’ll always be some that won’t agree on a suggestion if it’s implemented.

For me it should be something like if you’ve had a ST for over 5 years or so (i’ve had one much longer btw).

Some might think that’s a good idea, others might deem it a nonsense but there will have to be something in place you’d imagine.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:21 pm

BELSE wrote:What if some one buys away tickets but does not go just to get points

No system is entirely fool proof but you give yourself a much better chance of distributing tickets in a much fairer way.

As you go through the leagues these systems are commonplace. We wouldn’t need it for every game here, but when we’re talking 1000 tickets for a high profile game it becomes a rat race and fastest finger first isn’t a good way of doing it.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby LMStag » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:28 pm

Do we know which other clubs use the same ticket system as us? Just wondering if we can see what is in place with them if anything?
LMStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby dublin » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:42 pm

stagtastic1 wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
victor A block wrote:Priority should always be for those that went to Hereford on "that night"

Priority should go to people who went to meaningless long distance Tuesday night away games in the Haslam years, such as the 35 at Swansea in October 1997. ;)

Going further back, early 1970’s I can recall a stags fan with his own small taxi firm (Mawers) run from his home in Ladybrook who would run one or two to away matches.
I was at school at the time and attended matches with my mum and I am sure that not many more people attended, other than those taxi loads.

Indeed it was Mawers Taxis, just off Bancroft Lane. I was a regular with them back in the day.
dublin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby groundhoppingstag » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:23 pm

Sneag wrote:
stagtastic1 wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

Roker Park 1978. I didn't see another Stags fan all day. I stood on the Fulwell end with my Stags scarf on.

I was also at that game, there was about 35 of us on the official coach
groundhoppingstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:40 pm

BELSE wrote:What if some one buys away tickets but does not go just to get points

Unfortunately that only works at bigger clubs and places like Wembley where they have the scanner infrastructure to implement it. Ie the ticket needs to be scanned to register

For Example Man U, to qualify for your European trips, your ticket still needs to be scanned for the home game against a nobody in league cup. Purchasing just doesn't work on its own.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:27 pm

Points system will only work if you can collect points for saying you can’t attend any of the games miles away or else Dave won’t have enough points to attend the games he wants to
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:18 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:Points system will only work if you can collect points for saying you can’t attend any of the games miles away or else Dave won’t have enough points to attend the games he wants to

Assuming that was aimed at me, as the only Dave I am aware of having posted in this thread, you couldn't be more wrong.
I hate the local away games that attract the 'day trippers' who are more interested in getting hammered and then spending the whole match goading the opposition fans instead of watching the football.
You are far more likely to find me at an away game over 2 hours away than you are at County or Doncaster. ;)
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:32 pm

That’s one of my favourite things to do though Dave!
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:39 pm

Aaaah, love a good getting hammered and spend the whole match goading the opposition fans instead of watching the football. Proper Saturday.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:27 pm

I also think SSA should do a members first coach travel
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:54 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:It can't be particularly difficult, can it? Every time you make a purchase your account/ individual season tickets get credited with a digital "stamp".

You’d think with the new system all that data will be easily accessible. It should be backdated for this full season.

Points should be based on the previous 12 months or something and be on a rolling basis so it is always updating and based on ‘recent’ attendance.

Disagree...

It needs to start fresh so everyone knows where they stand...

I've been to some.away games this year where someone else has got the tickets and vice versa...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:29 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

Disagree...

I've been to some.away games this year where someone else has got the tickets and vice versa...

I take your point to an extent - but If you bought a ticket in the season ticket priority stage you will have been recorded as having gone to the game regardless of who bought it for you because they have to assign the ticket to you for purchase. If you go on your order history all the games show up whether you purchased it or someone else did for you.

Would also say it’s kicking the can down the road a bit to wait. Say we go up, first away game next season is someone like Lincoln or Burton where demand will far outstrip supply, we’ll be left with the same fastest finger first method we have now when we have a seasons worth of data at our disposal that could be used to help. Stockport didn’t find the need to wait. They might have had a few people whinge and now everyone is over it and they have a fairer method in place for the business end of the season when big prizes are at stake, and they can carry it in to next season.

Either way, regardless of when it starts I think we agree that something needs to be implemented which is more to the point
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:06 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Beyond The Pale » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:52 am

Captain Cunno wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

Disagree...

What about when it's all seater?
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Nottsstag100 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:31 pm

I know it is a long shot, but if anyone is willing to sell a ticket I am happy to pay £50.
PM me and let me know.
Thanks
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:49 pm

Went to Tranmere last night (we were rammel)

Going to Bradford Saturday (not expecting much)

Couldn't get Wrexham tickets (On Sky and will probably turn up and play like Brazil)

It is a given.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:03 pm

I think the current away ticket process should stay the same, otherwise the more successful the team is the more away tickets become a closed shop.

If there had been a loyalty scheme going since the 1970's the Wrexham away end would be full of all us oldies :D

Good memories of the Wrexham games, lets hope this is another!

https://www.stagsnet.net/vintage/reports/wrexham.html

https://www.stagsnet.net/match/reports/viewreport.php?matchid=618&seasonid=13
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:07 am

One very interesting comment in that article is that we fielded an unchanged side for the final two games at Hereford and Wrexham. There is definitely something to be said in continuity in the last 9 games. I would not change the formation too much, always start with your best 11, injuries permitting. Clarke should be the first name on that team sheet every game, we so miss his battling prowess when he is injured. We are so close now, very nervy but we will do it with Cloughy at the helm. :coys:
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum