{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Swindon scorefred sponsored by let’s go again

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Swindon scorefred sponsored by let’s go again

Postby mhs » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:38 pm

I said condescending and a word for a private part.
mhs
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby broomo » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:28 pm

Showaddywaddy wrote:The deliberately negative posters are in a tiny minority Broomo and their knee-jerk response to a defeat or even a draw aren’t worth the response they are looking for. There is though, a big difference between those posters and those who are worriers, glass half empty or have been burnt too many times before by the Stags. Bear doesn’t seem to distinguish the difference between the two and whilst I’m sure he doesn’t mean to he doesn’t half come across as just as antagonistic as those who throw their toys out the pram when we don’t get a win. It doesn’t need stating after every win that it happened despite what a section of Stagsnet posters said. To be fair to Bear he does praise the supporters in his post as well but he does have a talent for getting under the skin of even some of the most level headed posters on here.

Trust me, we know we are on to a good thing, but just like a winning lottery ticket most people won’t believe it until the bank balance is showing £League One’. Then there are those like me who are adamant we will win the league and have it sewn up comfortably and just by typing that there will be some who read it and think ‘now you’ve done it’.

On to Tranmere. The last time I went there some bloke clambered up a floodlight, got the game called off, results went against us and our relegation was confirmed whilst we hung around in a Tranmere car park. Actually, it was the second to last time I went there, I went to the rearranged game the following mid-week, even though we were now already down, we lost 3-1.

All fair points and understandable.

I think Bear is often misunderstood and perhaps he has been burned in the past as well. Just not here.

He's seen Nigel get harshly sacked at both Derby and Sheff Utd and a fair bit of the reasoning behind that (as well as stupid owners) has been down to negative fans who haven't appreciated the turnarounds he's managed or the difficult circumstances.

He (like me) doesn't understand some of the criticism.

I also think that perhaps he wrongly measures Mansfield as a club in similar stature to Burton where resources were tight and they were underdogs.

Neither of us were Mansfield through and through but I can guarantee 2 things, 1 we are now and 2 you'll struggle to find many people happier than us when we do get promoted.

Same happiness, different reasons.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:32 pm

mhs wrote:I said condescending and a word for a private part.

So it was unnecessary abuse then?

No need for it, my post was neither condescending nor abusive.

Whatever the final outcome and even if/when the negative fans cry rivers of joy, it doesn't excuse some of the stick dished out up to this point.

Not only to the manager but also to me and Bear over the past 3 and a bit years or so.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:50 am

georgefostersbeard wrote:Just a reminder (for those who haven't muted me), it is dead easy to put a poster as a foe.
Click on User control panel and click on Overview
You can then select Friends and foes. Simply add those you don't want to see and they will be muted

Who said that. :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum