{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

E Section Surveillance;edit-was for GPS&heart rate monitors

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

E Section Surveillance;edit-was for GPS&heart rate monitors

Postby Teapot » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:28 am

Did anyone notice yesterday that what appeared to be a surveillance camera had been mounted on top of the away dugout pointed towards home supporters in E Section. I have rarely seen anyone spoken to by match stewards in this area before apart from that chap that approved NC in a recent game who may have been sat anywhere in IGL. Was it a surveillance camera or am I just being paranoid?
Teapot
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: E Section Surveillance

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:37 am

Its been coming a while.

I won't say more on it, as I don't want to be called a bully again....
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:51 am

If it is a surveillance camera I thought there should be a sign indicating that we are being filmed? Nothing seen yesterday, just a menacing looking camera?
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:40 am

Chris M wrote:If it is a surveillance camera I thought there should be a sign indicating that we are being filmed? Nothing seen yesterday, just a menacing looking camera?

Nope, its no different to town centre cctv, ring doorbell or the plod filming. Ultimately do what they like
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:48 am

It didn't appear to be a camera at all. I had a close look, and guessed that it's the radio pickup for the players' monitors. It was connected to a power pack, and looked like it belonged to Salford.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:54 am

Chris M wrote:If it is a surveillance camera I thought there should be a sign indicating that we are being filmed? Nothing seen yesterday, just a menacing looking camera?

You mean like we are every week on iFollow?
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby zod » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:55 am

Bradders wrote:It didn't appear to be a camera at all. I had a close look, and guessed that it's the radio pickup for the players' monitors. It was connected to a power pack, and looked like it belonged to Salford.

Yes, it was a catapult vector receiver for the gps and heart rate monitors.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:44 am

End of thread :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum