{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Mansfield Legends Print

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Mansfield Legends Print

Postby Buxoo » Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:52 pm

Afternoon Stags Fans,

Had a fantastic artist put some work in to get a Mansfield Town FC players print which I think has come out brilliantly!

Check it out on the link below and also it’s 25% off at the moment so get in early whilst it still applies.

This is not me seeking anything financially or gaining anythingfrom it, it’s from an artist called homelessghost and does sports prints for all sports. I wanted to get something done for us lower league fans that the big boys have access to! Hope you enjoy!

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1672711917/
Buxoo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Mansfield Legends Print

Postby dublin » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:38 pm

Hi Buxoo,
Thanks for this.
I have just ordered one and think it will look great in my man cave.
One question though, who picked this Top 20?? Not trying to knock who did as its very subjective.
I am sure it could prompt a lively debate on here, possibly challenging the January transfer thread in size.
You would probably get a different 20 from each poster depending on age etc.
I have been going for about 55 years and there are certainly a number of changes I would make.
Two of them are before my time but of the 18 I am familiar with I would make at least 4 or 5 changes.
I guess it is aimed at those who achieved legendary status as opposed to ability, appearances, goals etc but no Dudley Roberts, Gordon Hodgson, Jimmy McCaffrey, Ray Clarke, Terry Eccles, Kevin Hitchcock, Colin Foster??
Would be an interesting debate
dublin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:38 am

An idea for you, How about doing a squad one from a certain season? Or eve a team from a famous game?

For example, for us you could do a print of the side that won the Freight Rover Trophy in '87. Or Conference Champions 12/13. Promotion side from 01/02. Promoted to the second division in 76/77 etc etc.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:24 am

gazza1988 wrote:An idea for you, How about doing a squad one from a certain season? Or eve a team from a famous game?

For example, for us you could do a print of the side that won the Freight Rover Trophy in '87. Or Conference Champions 12/13. Promotion side from 01/02. Promoted to the second division in 76/77 etc etc.

Great idea
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:52 am

gazza1988 wrote:An idea for you, How about doing a squad one from a certain season? Or eve a team from a famous game?

Or for those of an earlier generation the FA Cup run side of 68/69 who played every game
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:57 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:

Or for those of an earlier generation the FA Cup run side of 68/69 who played every game

Yes, they could do a landscape print of our starting XI on the left laid out in the formation and the opponent's XI for a game with the final score above Mansfield Town 3 West Ham 0 (as an example)
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:00 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:

Or even an earlier generation of the 1929 FACup run that lost to Arsenal. :lol: :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Upper West » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:07 pm

I am sure you remember the Arsenal match well Pete especially that missed penalty
Upper West
First Team
First Team

Postby Rob » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:55 pm

Upper West wrote:I am sure you remember the Arsenal match well Pete especially that missed penalty

Pete did the tannoy.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:10 pm

Nice design. Not sure about some of the players (Boulding...). And the misspelling of Corden would drive me mad!
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum