{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Jodi Jones indecent insult/FA launches investigation

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Jody Jones indecent insult.

Postby Wilfred » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:30 am

Grabbing his crotch in front of the home fans was a childish and stupid act by Jones.

He obviously likes his own tackle but got easily offended by the tackles of The Stags players.

I wasn't offended by his juvenile reaction - but others were. He should grow up and apologise.
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Wilfred
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:10 am

I’ve never witnessed such a childish footballer in my life…A certain Neymar is the only one that comes close. Pathetic behaviour really.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:17 am

Is this really a thread of 3 pages though?

He’s like that mckirdy (now back at swindon) decent talent but no more, thinks he’s a world beater, nah.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:17 am

The problem with cancelling people is that you need to live a perfect life or face being cancelled yourself. This was nothing, he got stick and gave a bit back all part of the game
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Redspirelite » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:30 am

Well he’s certainly living rent free in some peoples heads
Redspirelite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dan » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:35 am

Redspirelite wrote:Where do you draw the line, before Ko The youngsters carrying the flags were walking in front of the Notts fans with some giving the middle finger and “Newark “ sign towards the Notts fans, unfortunately abuse etc happens over the 90mins

That’s a load of raspberrys. The Notts fans were chanting to the kids stuff like who are you and other unsavoury things.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Redspirelite » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:22 am

Like I said Dan where do you draw the line as abuse goes both ways and individuals respond
Redspirelite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jimstag » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:36 am

Just use it as ammunition if we ever play against him again, we know we can get under his skin and it puts him off when we do. I’m sure someone can come up with a creative song?
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:38 am

Ralphy wrote:The problem with cancelling people is that you need to live a perfect life or face being cancelled yourself. This was nothing, he got stick and gave a bit back all part of the game

What do you mean by cancelled?
He will be either be charged with bringing football into disrepute (or something similar) or he won't.
No-one is talking about him being banned for life or sacked.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:11 pm

He was well and truly ‘cancelled’ by Cargill and Williams.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby Pitkin » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:43 pm

Jimstag wrote:Just use it as ammunition if we ever play against him again, we know we can get under his skin and it puts him off when we do. I’m sure someone can come up with a creative song?

Worked well with Olly Palmer didn't it Jim...... :lol:
Pitkin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bear 73 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:50 pm

Owd Jody causing a stir i can see no mid week game again, im afraid bad language now in all walks of life becoming the norm, i dread watching television with my grand kids.
with bad language nudity with sex scenes thrown in.
Gone are the days when swearing was pulled up when in the public domain.
I remember at the pits after i clocked in the next 8 hours were full of swearing and bad language, but after clocking out it was not used till the next shift.
Strange you did it and never thought about it, but being in public was not the place for bad language ,
As for young children and football you frown about the language used but it is the nature of the beast.
We could say that Mr Jones could not answer the abuse he got, so used sign language.
If every fan put a £1 in a kitty for abuse and bad language used at a football match, our first 1 million pound player will be on their way
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:33 pm

It is all about opinions and to totally ignore such a gesture directed towards anyone who happened to see it is surely wrong from those expected to be role models.

To just fob it off as an "everyday" thing shows just how far society's attitudes have deteriorated and continue do so unabated.
Last edited by oldweststander on Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:00 pm

Pitkin wrote:
Jimstag wrote:Just use it as ammunition if we ever play against him again, we know we can get under his skin and it puts him off when we do. I’m sure someone can come up with a creative song?

Worked well with Olly Palmer didn't it Jim...... :lol:

Difference this guy has proven he loses his head
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:24 pm

Well he has impressed some, he has been nominated for Sky League Two player of the month :!:
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:50 pm

Redspirelite wrote:Like I said Dan where do you draw the line as abuse goes both ways and individuals respond

Well you draw the line at chanting obscenities at 7 year olds normally, shame a few in the North Stand didn't remember that mantra...
Dan
Manager
Manager

Re: Jodi Jones indecent insult.

Postby jpstags » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:58 pm

Obviously some people believe only certain abuse is actually abuse .
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Redspirelite » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:36 am

Dan wrote:
Redspirelite wrote:Like I said Dan where do you draw the line as abuse goes both ways and individuals respond

Well you draw the line at chanting obscenities at 7 year olds normally, shame a few in the North Stand didn't remember that mantra...

Absolutely Dan I do not disagree, my point was that abuse at football matches is getting worse in my view no matter who it is aimed at, as someone has commented todays standards of acceptability have declined over the years,
Redspirelite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby victor A block » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:09 pm

Just been nominated for Januarys League 2 player of the month. Pity he was so raspberry in Feb.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:36 pm

Leave him to it.

Made to look stupid by two players who didn't stand off him and let him do what he wants easily like the rest of the league have this season.

Perhaps having been named Jodi by his mother, he regularly has to grab his nether regions to check what gender he is.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:05 pm

oldweststander wrote:It is all about opinions and to totally ignore such a gesture directed towards anyone who happened to see it is surely wrong from those expected to be role models.

To just fob it off as an "everyday" thing shows just how far society's attitudes have deteriorated and continue do so unabated.

Good post. Exactly how I see it, and also you’re bang on regarding societal issues right now.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:09 pm

bear 73 wrote:Owd Jody causing a stir i can see no mid week game again, im afraid bad language now in all walks of life becoming the norm, i dread watching television with my grand kids.
I remember at the pits after i clocked in the next 8 hours were full of swearing and bad language, but after clocking out it was not used till the next shift.
Strange you did it and never thought about it, but being in public was not the place for bad language ,
As for young children and football you frown about the language used but it is the nature of the beast.
We could say that Mr Jones could not answer the abuse he got, so used sign language.
If every fan put a £1 in a kitty for abuse and bad language used at a football match, our first 1 million pound player will be on their way

Sod the £1m player. We could build a 3 tier bishop street stand!
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:40 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Owd Jody causing a stir i can see no mid week game again, im afraid bad language now in all walks of life becoming the norm, i dread watching television with my grand kids.

Sod the £1m player. We could build a 3 tier bishop street stand!

Clownty fans given up on the game and flooding various social media sites with their lovely side on view of the derelict shed. Its hard to argue.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:07 pm

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... ting-fans/

And if you need it... https://12ft.io/

But here's the story

The Football Association has launched an investigation into allegations of lewd behaviour by Notts County winger Jodi Jones, during a League Two match against Mansfield Town.

Jones, a Malta international, is alleged to have “gyrated” towards a section of Mansfield Town’s supporters while holding his crotch as he left the pitch at half-time in last Saturday’s local derby.

There is also footage of Jones appearing to expose his buttocks later in the match, which County lost 1-0 against their promotion rivals at Mansfield’s One Call Stadium.

It is understood that Jones’ actions were not seen by referee Thomas Kirk and his officials, but the FA has been made aware of the incident and is now looking into it.

Jones could face a charge for misconduct if the FA concludes that his behaviour represents a disciplinary matter.

It is also alleged that Jones thrust himself towards fans in the Ian Greaves Lower Stand, which is an area reserved for families.

Kerry Haycox, who was at Saturday’s match, said: “This abhorrent behaviour caused upset to many in the crowd, including parents and children.

“If a fan had behaved in this way, then they would absolutely have been reprimanded.

“I believe that the stewards were made aware on the day by others who were offended, and another supporter was informed by a member of ground staff that CCTV footage was being reviewed – he would absolutely have been caught on camera as he was in full view of CCTV from the pitch.”

Jones, 26, has made 26 appearances for County this season, scoring five goals.

Telegraph Sport has approached Notts County for comment.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Re: Jodi Jones indecent insult/FA launches investigation

Postby Ralphy » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:02 am

Typical shoddy journalism from the telegraph - as if county are promotion rivals to us!!
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum