{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

County scorethread sponsored by stags leave with pride? Or..

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: County scorethread sponsored by stags leave with pride?

Postby bear 73 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:09 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:East Midlands today is laughable. Don’t get me started on the 40 minute, King has Cancer coverage either. Absolutely pathetic. Mansfield Town FC will never get any decent coverage.

I was very happy with radio Mansfield and thought we deserved more coverage with a match preview and comments after the game and a interview with the Manager.
Being at the home games i missed the commentary, but enjoyed it at away games, and with a commentator who had Mansfield in his blood.
Felt for Craig when a station who only had Forest and County in their minds ,took charge It shows the respect they show us, would still be talking if County had won
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:30 pm

bear 73 wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:East Midlands today is laughable. Don’t get me started on the 40 minute, King has Cancer coverage either. Absolutely pathetic. Mansfield Town FC will never get any decent coverage.

I was very happy with radio Mansfield and thought we deserved more coverage with a match preview and comments after the game and a interview with the Manager.
Being at the home games i missed the commentary, but enjoyed it at away games, and with a commentator who had Mansfield in his blood.
Felt for Craig when a station who only had Forest and County in their minds ,took charge It shows the respect they show us, would still be talking if County had won

Team talk on Notts TV, website or channel usually gives us 15 minutes and is a decent watch imo.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:21 pm

Dan, there seems to be alot of Notts stuff on your facebook photots, Notts fans , players, coach, assistant coach, kit man , sponge man , bus driver, etc etc are you a closet pie? :P
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:42 am

bear 73 wrote:

Radio Mansfield cut themselves adrift from the fanbase that season they cut back to doing two minutes updates from the away games even though they had full commo rights. The head of the station thought in his wisdom that updates from the City Ground were more beneficial to us in Mansfield. Then there were the days were would have a Sports Special for a midweek game and again got no commentary because Delahunty thought it not viable for his station relying on Stevie giving updates on his mobile.
102.3 were amateurish and woeful and full of Gertie ads.
Radio Nottingham give a professional four hour Sports show on a Saturday with common home and away as a club of our size warrants.
The day 130.2 get their hands back on common rights will be a dark day
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:16 am

Spiritater wrote:
bear 73 wrote:

Radio Mansfield cut themselves adrift from the fanbase that season they cut back to doing two minutes updates from the away games even though they had full commo rights. The head of the station thought in his wisdom that updates from the City Ground were more beneficial to us in Mansfield. Then there were the days were would have a Sports Special for a midweek game and again got no commentary because Delahunty thought it not viable for his station relying on Stevie giving updates on his mobile.
Radio Nottingham give a professional four hour Sports show on a Saturday with common home and away as a club of our size warrants.

Those of us that bear grudges (not you bear 73), will also remember how far up Haslam's backside Delahunty's head was.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:51 am

Yes they've done a cracking job of putting off people off from listening. Excellent marketing on their part!
Last edited by HU7stag on Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:14 am

Spiritater wrote:
bear 73 wrote:

Managed to slate two radio frequencies there and neither are Radio Mansfield :lol: :lol:
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum