{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

tickets for Walsall away game/1590 sold/ 379 more available

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: tickets for Walsall away game/all 1590 sold

Postby Conker » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:05 pm

I remember Sharpe making sure we got extra tickets for Bradford the other year…..
Conker
Manager
Manager

Re: tickets for Walsall away game/806 sold, 784 more to come

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:08 pm

Conker wrote:I remember Sharpe making sure we got extra tickets for Bradford the other year…..

I think they can open both tiers behind the goal as well now rather than just the upper so that’s another game we should be asking for the lot.

Hopefully we can get another 400 tickets for Walsall. If we can 3 points tomorrow and a few late deciders I reckon we could tick towards that total. Would be nice for folk to have the option anyway.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:20 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Conker wrote:I remember Sharpe making sure we got extra tickets for Bradford the other year…..

I think they can open both tiers behind the goal as well now rather than just the upper so that’s another game we should be asking for the lot.

Hopefully we can get another 400 tickets for Walsall. If we can 3 points tomorrow and a few late deciders I reckon we could tick towards that total. Would be nice for folk to have the option anyway.

It's not a problem if it's pay on the day this Saturday, fans just need to allow 10 - 15 minutes extra to go to the ticket office and buy one, it's NOT knowing if this is happening that's frustrating and could quite easily be addressed with a phone call to Walsall and a message to fans as soon as possible.
:roll:
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:26 pm

It's pathetic communication
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:30 pm

I'm not a season tickets holder, tried to buy 2 at 5 tonight but they'd all gone. I now have no idea if I will be able to watch the game in a half full stadium.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:40 pm

Someone has put kn Facebook that we have got another 300 not sure if this is true though?
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:43 pm

Just go in the home end (I know that’s not the point but it’s an option)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:07 pm

I think Walsall will make the right hand stand available and allow pay on the day, but wish someone would tell us.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: tickets for Walsall away game/ all 1590 sold

Postby mansfieldarmy » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:21 pm

We are getting another 400 then 340 after the 400 sell
mansfieldarmy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby wink68 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:23 pm

Nowt like making hard work of it.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:07 pm

John Albanese has posted on facebook:
There’s another 200 that will be available
from https://www.facebook.com/groups/2789616 ... 9418991307
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: tickets for Walsall away game/1590 sold/ more to come tb

Postby bigalstag1 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:23 am

Compare our efforts to those of Stockport, who immediately put out a notice, that they were seeking an extra 400 tickets as soon as they had sold out there allocation at Tranmere. Clear, quick communication to supporters, not the laboured effort we make, where you don't know whether we are bothering, or not. Nice staff we might have, organised we are not.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby James » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:53 am

Going to have the same at Bradford. I’ve seen Notts County have been allocated nearly 3,000 tickets. I wonder if we will ask for the same.

The whole club operation is so far removed to what it is on the pitch. We’re potentially playing in League 1 next season, but off the pitch is non league.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:10 am

We clearly miss an in the office day to day CEO.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:57 am

Captain Cunno wrote:We clearly miss an in the office day to day CEO.

We just need a day to day Commercial and Administration Manager.

In fairness to CR a CEO shouldn't be worrying about issues like this herself but she should have appointed someone to deal with these ongoing matters.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby wink68 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:08 am

The silence is deafening. There's obviously someone there because their putting stuff on Facebook about tonight. Just we've sold out for Saturday we're talking to Walsall. But just nothing.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:33 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:We clearly miss an in the office day to day CEO.

We just need a day to day Commercial and Administration Manager.

In fairness to CR a CEO shouldn't be worrying about issues like this herself but she should have appointed someone to deal with these ongoing matters.

And this cements my point that if we had a CEO at the club daily they would see these issues and delegate accordingly...

Not having a go at Cazza just stating what I think we are missing..
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:30 am

wink68 wrote:The silence is deafening. There's obviously someone there because their putting stuff on Facebook about tonight. Just we've sold out for Saturday we're talking to Walsall. But just nothing.

So what else are you expecting them to say ?
If they are talking to Walsall that means they are trying to resolve the issue.
Until Walsall provide a response there is nothing anyone at Stags can do.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:54 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
wink68 wrote:The silence is deafening. There's obviously someone there because their putting stuff on Facebook about tonight. Just we've sold out for Saturday we're talking to Walsall. But just nothing.

‘Our second allocation of tickets for Walsall has now sold out. The club are speaking with our hosts in regards to a further allocation and we will update supporters in due course. Thank you for your outstanding support.’ - Easy enough to tweet that in about 30 seconds.

Tickets sold out after about 5 minutes on general sale yesterday, it shouldn’t really be down to the Police to write a comment on Facebook saying we’re getting another 200 tickets. People need to make plans, book travel, etc. and poor communication doesn’t help.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:00 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

‘Our second allocation of tickets for Walsall has now sold out. The club are speaking with our hosts in regards to a further allocation and we will update supporters in due course. Thank you for your outstanding support.’ - Easy enough to tweet that in about 30 seconds.

Tickets sold out after about 5 minutes on general sale yesterday, it shouldn’t really be down to the Police to write a comment on Facebook saying we’re getting another 200 tickets. People need to make plans, book travel, etc. and poor communication doesn’t help.

Exactly this. At least acknowledge they've sold out and we are trying to get more. For all we know that your lot cos we've not asked for any more. Just want someone to take ownership of it and say something.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:01 pm

I don’t make away games these days but the numbers we are travelling in is seriously impressive. We’ve always travelled well, even when we’ve been awful but the numbers this season are incredible. Over 600 down to FGR last weekend was our largest following there.

Could this Saturday be our largest following to Walsall? I think it was over a thousand last season but I can’t recall an occasion when we took pushing 2,000. Did we play them during the glory days of the 70s when I presume we’d have taken loads?
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:08 pm

Or just arrange with Walsall to sell on the day or does that sound far too easy :roll:
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:15 pm

wink68 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

Exactly this. At least acknowledge they've sold out and we are trying to get more. For all we know that your lot cos we've not asked for any more. Just want someone to take ownership of it and say something.

It appears I misread your original post. I'm not on facebook so no idea what is or isn't on there. The way I read your post was that they had said "we have sold out and are talking to Walsall". I now realise you are saying that is what they should be posting !!
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:40 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
wink68 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

It appears I misread your original post. I'm not on facebook so no idea what is or isn't on there. The way I read your post was that they had said "we have sold out and are talking to Walsall". I now realise you are saying that is what they should be posting !!

I fully understand your misunderstanding Dave because it would be unbelievable to say nothing.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:46 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum