{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Garner Loses His Head

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Garner Loses His Head

Postby WorthingStag » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:38 am

I was there and I thought the referee was poor, yes we could have shut up shop and taken a point, but I’ll never condemn the players after that performance. Proud to be a Stag and hope that Aden heals quickly. :coys:
WorthingStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkstag » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:44 am

You had to be there to appreciate how bad the ref was. Sometimes I follow just doesn’t cut it.

I really feel for the players - they gave everything.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:47 am

Costastag wrote:
Frontrowhero wrote:
Costastag wrote:
Bradders wrote:Hopefully someone was filming the 4th official as he tried to provoke the Stags bench. It would provide useful evidence to back up the official complaint against him.

Christ we lost but it was in the end our own fault get over it

Our fault, you clearly wasn’t there. Typical none stags fan comment

Of course i. wasnt there but i watch every game ,we lost because we were chasing a second goal we should have shut up shop in the final few minutes with ten men yes we should have had a penalty ,the foul was virtually a carbon copy of the one that saw bowery dismissed but refs arent going to change their minds i didnt see the fourth official so i cant comment on it

So are you saying we shouldn't have been in a situation where we should have had a penalty in the first place?

So should we have gone for a flat back 9 and let players like Buigel have shot after shot at us?

As others said we last went down to 10 men 27 games ago, it took us a while to adjust to it, but we tried different things. Found our feet 2nd half and we managed to adjust, we adjusted so well we got a goal back and potentially could have won it if the correct decision is made.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:49 am

georgefostersbeard wrote:But shutting up shop totally would have invited them onto us, and made us more vulnerable. We were playing the game very intelligently in the second half

Im on about mainly the final few minutes yes we played well second half and at least deserved a point maybe all three but its all ifs and buts its gone now time to move on and get some fresh bodies in ready for the rest of the season which is still on track for promotion :coys:
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:00 am

Blimey. Shades of Paul Raynor there Andy.
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby pemill » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:07 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Costastag wrote:
Bradders wrote:Hopefully someone was filming the 4th official as he tried to provoke the Stags bench. It would provide useful evidence to back up the official complaint against him.

Christ we lost but it was in the end our own fault get over it
It's not the loss, it's the way we lost. The players gave everything just imagine how they felt .......... cheated.

Whatever they are feeling channel it all into the next game and take it out on Counteh.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:11 pm

Curry 9 Brace 7 wrote:Blimey. Shades of Paul Raynor there Andy.

Yes, but not every week :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:12 am

Amber Andy wrote:

Clearly don’t watch him much then…
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:03 am

Dan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Dan I do watch him a lot. I dread to think how Rayner and his boss would have reacted in similar circumstances.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:25 pm

A bit of old fashioned handbags
Would not read too much into it

Andy is a big lad who has been around the game for yonks
He can handle that
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:48 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Dan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Dan I do watch him a lot. I dread to think how Rayner and his boss would have reacted in similar circumstances.

All 3 of them are very similar it’s just people don’t like to admit it.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:32 am

I sit behind Garner in the IGU, where he is similar to Evans and Raynor is in his constant barracking and comments to the referee's assistant and Fourth official.
Where there is no similarity is in how those two goaded other players and the opposition bench which was my main source of embarrassment with them.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:50 am

georgefostersbeard wrote:I sit behind Garner in the IGU, where he is similar to Evans and Raynor is in his constant barracking and comments to the referee's assistant and Fourth official.
Where there is no similarity is in how those two goaded other players and the opposition bench which was my main source of embarrassment with them.

it was entertaining though :D
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:56 am

georgefostersbeard wrote:I sit behind Garner in the IGU, where he is similar to Evans and Raynor is in his constant barracking and comments to the referee's assistant and Fourth official.

Now you’re forrit :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:29 am

Dan wrote:

Now you’re forrit :lol:

I don't think anyone who has kept an eye on our bench would argue that Garner is very hot headed and constantly on the back of the officials.
However, you have highlighted one part of GFB's post and ignored the other part.
Also, we have the calmness of Clough alongside Garner so they compliment each other well.
Evans and Raynor were the equivalent of a couple of Rottweilers left loose in a scrap yard to guard it overnight !!
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:33 am

Evans and Raynor both had a rant with the same referee Will Finnie when they were at Gillingham over two penalties not given .
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby HitchcocksShins » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:36 am

MOTG wrote:Evans and Raynor both had a rant with the same referee Will Finnie when they were at Gillingham over two penalties not given .

I'd assume they've had a rant at every referee that ever existed over two penalties not given
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum