{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Abuse

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Abuse

Postby Rustystag » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:18 pm

What has changed about our fan base this season

I'm interested to get your views on this

We've got staff in the ticket office being abused due to the poor stock from castore

We've got Nigel being abused to the point where he goes to the other side of the ground

And now we've got our heads groundsmen mez getting online abuse over the game yesterday

I genuinely don't understand it is it a new breed of fan we have coming in due the success we've had or be we haven't been promoted but the past two seasons getting to a playoff final and nearly getting in the playoffs has attracted fans

What's changed we've always had moaners but I don't think it's ever been to the extent we are witnessing this season against staff

It's uncalled for and unfair
Last edited by Rustystag on Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rustystag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Abuse

Postby Beyond The Pale » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:21 pm

Rustystag wrote:What has changed about our fan base this season

We've got staff in the ticket office being abused due to the poor stock from castore

We've got Nigel being abused to the point where he goes to the other side of the ground

And now we've got our heads groundsmen mez getting online abuse over the game yesterday

I genuinely don't understand it is it a new breed of fan we have coming in due the success we've had or be we haven't been promoted but the past two seasons getting to a playoff final and nearly getting in the playoffs has attracted fans

What's changed we've always had motors but I don't think it's ever been to the extent we are witnessing this season against staff

**** off, you ******* ****!
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:24 pm

What's changed we've always had motors but I don't think it's ever been to the extent we are witnessing this season against staff

The all pervading sense of entitlement.

It's a societal problem, not Stags specific.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Beyond The Pale » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:26 pm

Seriously though, you only have to drive down the road. People have become ignorant, abusive & as for plain common decency, it just seems to be evaporating unfortunately.

I had the audacity to be doing 30mph in a 30 limit a few weeks ago only to be verbally abused when I got to a roundabout. Apparently I was going too slow, when I replied that I though it was a thirty, hence my speed, further abuse followed & I actually though the guy was going to tear the steering wheel from the column he was that angry. I just don't get it.
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:58 pm

I was annoyed about lack of shirts stock and also about this game being off, but I'm not going to abuse mez online or the staff in the shop as I know none of it is their fault. As for Clough abuse, I don't agree with his decisions sometimes (Flint upfront at Swindon) but I'm not going to abuse him online or from the crowd. People genuinely baffle me at times. I have a guy a few rows back from me who wants to hurl foul mouthed abuse at Akins whenever he doesn't control a ball fired two foot over his head! I turned round to see who it was and he was sat with youngish kids, what a great example for them!
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Oladamber66 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:08 pm

These so called abuse mongers....are not representative of the vast majority of our supporters...ok have a moan but when it starts to get personal it gets nasty ....and if our mr Clough for some reason went to sit in the Bishop street side then clearly its a big problem ..this is just the type of thing that would force him out of the club ...be careful what you moaning abuses wish for :mtfc:
Oladamber66
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:12 pm

There's raising questions that require asking, then there's a line that shouldn't be crossed that becomes much more than that.

Some just don't have that idiot filter and know where that line is unfortunately.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:14 pm

One word - simpletons
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:15 pm

The issue is with british society.

Some people just do not have respect for anything, even themselves.

We need a fairer, tougher society where people put in a fair days work for a fair days wage and where offenders get punished and not slapped wrists.

Oh and where parents know how to parent and don't allow their many offsprings to become feral on our streets.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby vicar_jeremiah » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:22 pm

What's changed we've always had moaners but I don't think it's ever been to the extent we are witnessing this season against staff

Society is on edge, I am lucky enough to be stress free but millions are not, no excuse for abuse though.

Regarding your 3 points, the ticket office staff are generally well thought of and were given pressies like biscuits and cakes at xmas, and most folk on finding no stock have shrugged their shoulders and walked out

That day when the boss was abused, I sit behind the dugout but back a bit and it was one fella who was telling him what Subs to bring on and when, and Nigel said clear as day whilst pointing to the bench - if you can do any better come and sit here. It was one peed up lad.

Mez could not have prevented the postponement, imo the pitch works were substandard and even Alan Titchmarsh and his team would have been unsuccessful, people were fed up with the game being called off and just fired off.
Last edited by vicar_jeremiah on Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vicar_jeremiah
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:31 pm

zod wrote:One word - simpletons

It’s the newbie hangers on imo. The ones that only come for success and not folk like us lot that were there even during the non league years. Same at most clubs unfortunately!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:33 pm

Beyond The Pale wrote:Seriously though, you only have to drive down the road. People have become ignorant, abusive & as for plain common decency, it just seems to be evaporating unfortunately.

I had the audacity to be doing 30mph in a 30 limit a few weeks ago only to be verbally abused when I got to a roundabout. Apparently I was going too slow, when I replied that I though it was a thirty, hence my speed, further abuse followed & I actually though the guy was going to tear the steering wheel from the column he was that angry. I just don't get it.

Welcome to England! Not many folks have any courtesy anymore. Gone to the dogs unfortunately.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Oladamber66 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:42 pm

It is a society issue ...no respect no morals ...but as they always say “ i pay my money “ i was at Morecombe on Saturday
And the bonehead who started abuse at our fans was from their hospitality box just goes to show
Oladamber66
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Tess Tickle » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:04 pm

:D
Beyond The Pale wrote:

**** off, you ******* ****!
Tess Tickle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:22 pm

The self entitled brigade. It’s the same every home game around where I sit in the Lower Tier, the loudest anyone that end of the ground gets it to groan and froth at the mouth about any misplaced pass by a L2 team sat in the Automatics…
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:50 pm

Entitlement I’m afraid - you only have to see on here the people that jumped on straight after the Morecambe game but strangely couldn’t find their phone for two days after the Stockport game. Abusing staff at the club is uncalled for and not needed at all
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Elkesley Stag » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:33 pm

I don’t think anything has changed with the fan base for years and years.

If anyone has abused the shop staff they are morons . I have not heard or read on hear about abuse to the staff . Is it abuse complaining that stock levels are low , merchandise not available and poor quality?

Nigel has been abused , see Troy Deeneys comments this week or dig a bit deeper to see Nigel’s comments, Leighton Hewitt took some serious criticism after one game and that is just one example. Watch any football club documentary with half time team talks and you know football is not for the easily offended.

The comments regarding the groundsmen are probably out of frustration and the football supporters need to blame someone. Does not make it right but it’s hardly down to a new breed of supporter. It’s been around for years.

I don’t think there is more abuse now , I think there are more people offended than previously.
Elkesley Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:46 pm

Elkesley Stag wrote:

If anyone has abused the shop staff they are morons . I have not heard or read on hear about abuse to the staff . Is it abuse complaining that stock levels are low , merchandise not available and poor quality?

Nigel has been abused , see Troy Deeneys comments this week or dig a bit deeper to see Nigel’s comments, Leighton Hewitt took some serious criticism after one game and that is just one example. Watch any football club documentary with half time team talks and you know football is not for the easily offended.

The comments regarding the groundsmen are probably out of frustration and the football supporters need to blame someone. Does not make it right but it’s hardly down to a new breed of supporter. It’s been around for years.

I don’t think there is more abuse now , I think there are more people offended than previously.
I think there is more, but only because we are attracting more supporters. I don’t think the percentage of abusers has increased. A lot of it comes from higher expectations. Had we been lower to mid table the postponement wouldn’t have meant as much. Same with the transfer window. I am disappointed about both, but try and put it into perspective, as the vast majority of us do.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby mhs » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:02 pm

I blame the internet.
I preferred it on here before the internet.
mhs
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby broomo » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:25 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Elkesley Stag wrote:

I think there is more, but only because we are attracting more supporters. I don’t think the percentage of abusers has increased. A lot of it comes from higher expectations. Had we been lower to mid table the postponement wouldn’t have meant as much. Same with the transfer window. I am disappointed about both, but try and put it into perspective, as the vast majority of us do.

Why are you disappointed with the transfer window when it hasn't closed yet?

People getting disappointed before things happen or even when they don't happen at all.

Disappointed in advance. Complaining in advance. It's ridiculous.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:00 pm

Ridiculous sense of over entitlement - I pay my £22 so I should get

Transfers on demand
A PL standard matchday experience
Players who never make any mistakes
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:08 pm

broomo wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Elkesley Stag wrote:

Why are you disappointed with the transfer window when it hasn't closed yet?

People getting disappointed before things happen or even when they don't happen at all.

Disappointed in advance. Complaining in advance. It's ridiculous.
Just disappointed we havn't signed anyone so far. It's not a criticism or complaint.
Last edited by Amber Andy on Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:09 pm

i think you speak for more than yourself there AA
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:11 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:i think you speak for more than yourself there AA

Yep, I agree with Andy too.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:13 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:i think you speak for more than yourself there AA

I'm disappointed the Cardiff lad has gone to Gateshead.I hope it's a case we lost interest in him, rather than they beat us to him :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum