{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Financial incentive of promotion to League One?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Financial incentive of promotion to League One?

Postby jeevesthestag » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:53 pm

What is the financial benefit of promotion to League One? Honest question that I don't know the answer to.

I understand that we will increase away ticket sales but we won't get much more from home ticket sales and it could be argued that home ticket sales might go down if we ose some floating supporters if we are languishing near the bottom next season (assuming we get promoted). Do we get more money from Sky or the FA?

Reason I ask is that I wonder if teams would heavily invest in this transfer window assuming they'll get the money back if they get promoted.
jeevesthestag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Financial incentive of promotion to League One?

Postby bigalstag1 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:44 pm

Ask either Broomo or bear 73, they get asked about most things on here.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:00 pm

I would imagine season ticket prices would rise, due to playing in a higher league.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:43 pm

jeevesthestag wrote:What is the financial benefit of promotion to League One? Honest question that I don't know the answer to.

I understand that we will increase away ticket sales but we won't get much more from home ticket sales and it could be argued that home ticket sales might go down if we ose some floating supporters if we are languishing near the bottom next season (assuming we get promoted). Do we get more money from Sky or the FA?

Reason I ask is that I wonder if teams would heavily invest in this transfer window assuming they'll get the money back if they get promoted.

https://soccerhint.com/efl-championship ... _article=1

https://soccerhint.com/sky-bet-league-1 ... 3500%2C000.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:55 am

Given the last couple of performances, I'd stick this one on the back burner.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:42 pm

Literally hundreds of thousands in extra solidarity payments to start off with.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:51 pm

victor A block wrote:Given the last couple of performances, I'd stick this one on the back burner.

Thats the spirit
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:55 pm

victor A block wrote:Given the last couple of performances, I'd stick this one on the back burner.

can't imagine what the reaction of this place would be like if we weren't top 7. We are still third!!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Steve North » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:56 pm

I think you will find, if you do your research and look into it properly, that promotion is decided and achieved over a whole season - not just a couple of games my friend.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby bear 73 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:04 pm

The One wrote:

Thats the spirit

Thats were its been for years
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:16 pm

How do you know, you only appeared 2 years ago. Couple more members on this thread, and we'll have the full Stagsnet lynching party on.
Last edited by bigalstag1 on Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:20 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:How do you know, you only appeared 2 years ago

Isn't that still years?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:47 pm

Promotion to league 1
Its the golden grail for league 2 clubs a dream of greater things to come for some a gateway to the championship.
For other league 2 clubs they fear the drop down to non=league.
Financial gains about £900-000 pounds. and a lot of bigger gates when any big clubs come to town.
How will promotion affect Mansfield, well they are a long long way from the Championship, but have someone who has done it but staying there for 2 years was classed as a miracle.
Home Attendances at the one call is now well attended, so no money there.
Away support well their are a lot of teams in league 1 have poor away support, so not a lot there and with a top team only about 1700 available.
To compete players wages would have to increase, 10.000 to 12.000 pounds not a lot for the top clubs in the division.
So the 900.000 pounds will not go far.
It says the one call capacity is just over 9000, it can sustain league 1 but relegation would be i mistake away.
The next stage for the Stags some major investment or a place on Bishop street for away supporters, to increase capacity.
Mansfield Town are doing all the right things moving forward while maintaining a sustainable future, Quality players signing new contracts a good sign for the future.
When the club goes into league 1 it will be from a position of strength.
With out stability the club is not big enough against the big clubs, but giving league 1 a shock is possible
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:11 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:How do you know, you only appeared 2 years ago. Couple more members on this thread, and we'll have the full Stagsnet lynching party on.

Going off topic but this is not football related and opinions are allowed. but not personal issues.
A couple of new members who enjoy football would be very welcome, and after all the years you have honoured the forum with your views.
The number 1 rule about only football related views,
To understand something like football related matters only, if you read the book Broomo wrote it would bring more focus on the beautiful game
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:59 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:Ask either Broomo or bear 73, they get asked about most things on here.

Another one who can't resist an unnecessary dig.

Grow up.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:48 pm

With the stadium as it is, I doubt matchday revs would increase that much to this season. If only there was some ways of increasing capacity and or selling more stock?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum