{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Morecambe Stewards

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Morecambe Stewards

Postby Paulstag » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:48 pm

I don’t think I have been to an away game for a while where the stewards were actually out looking for trouble.
The Tommy Fury lookalike was a right bell end.
Paulstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Morecambe Stewards

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:21 pm

Or the fact the stewards were rightly annoyed at the fans climbing and swinging on the stand frames.

The steward behind the goal was sound. We'd been in his pub he worked in night before and was very friendly
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:28 pm

The stewards were sound unless you were looking for trouble, like the guy who kept vaping throughout the game.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:30 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:Or the fact the stewards were rightly annoyed at the fans climbing and swinging on the stand frames.

The steward behind the goal was sound. We'd been in his pub he worked in night before and was very friendly

Hi Pear.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:42 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:The stewards were sound unless you were looking for trouble, like the guy who kept vaping throughout the game.

I don’t know if he was vaping through the game but I was stood by the gate when he got thrown out at half time, the stewards throwing him out threw him out for vaping and walked past 2 old guys who were stood smoking proper cigarettes to get to him, then walked back past them on the way back and never said a word :D

When his mate walked up to the steward to ask him why he’d been thrown out the steward said ‘if he gets back in I’m having him one on one outside’.

On the other hand the woman on the away ticket collection desk couldn’t have been more helpful, she was brilliant with everyone.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:03 pm

They certainly didn't do anything about 'Uncle k-nob head' in the hospitality box nearest the seated Stags fans, when they scored he was leaning over inciting us, anyone would have thought they were top of the league and just seen off their nearest rivals - an absolute joke of a supporter, if you could call him that. Folks like that are a source of aggro at football matches, safe in the knowledge Stags fans couldn't get to him and hurling foul mouthed abuse.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:48 pm

Yep and when the "chief steward" (so his rather tightly fitting coat said) came sauntering over he and said raspberry gave each other a thumbs up and a little wave...
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:15 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:Or the fact the stewards were rightly annoyed at the fans climbing and swinging on the stand frames.

He was a cracking bloke, was sound as you say.

Not one to get on the wrong side of, mind.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:23 am

After the sit anywhere fans had sat anywhere there were several elderly Stags fans unable to find any seats together. Stewards cut the ties on the front row to let them sit there.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:33 am

In my limited experience, stewards do a decent job but if you pull a strop with them you are likely to see their bad side.

Go to a game, be sober, sit where your ticket tells you, what is the issue?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:16 am

oldweststander wrote:In my limited experience, stewards do a decent job but if you pull a strop with them you are likely to see their bad side.

Go to a game, be sober, sit where your ticket tells you, what is the issue?

being sober
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:22 am

Fine with us
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum