{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Which Part Of FM Is The Most Positive?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Which Part Of FM Is The Most Positive?

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:45 pm

A lot of talk about behind the dugouts; and the block where I sit is very often a head dry.

So which parts of Field Mill do folks on here rate for the most encouraging and tolerant support?

Asking for a friend.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Re: Which Part Of FM Is The Most Positive?

Postby Sneag » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:48 pm

I think there's only the area under your hat mate.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:56 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:A lot of talk about behind the dugouts; and the block where I sit is very often a head dry.

So which parts of Field Mill do folks on here rate for the most encouraging and tolerant support?

Asking for a friend.

North Stand, specifically the bogsiders.

I thought the fans were good yesterday tbh.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:00 pm

The dressing room if some of the comments on here are anything to go by.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:01 pm

Patey
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:08 pm

Patey Stags were quiet yesterday tbf.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:33 pm

I was talking to a member of the Lincoln City Supporter Board today and he was saying that their CEO has released a personal statement after he was abused whilst out shopping with wife and small children and the new American investors were shouted and sworn at inside the ground after the 1-0 defeat to Bolton.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:35 pm

I think whilst the attendances have increased over the last few years, the atmosphere has declined, generally quieter.

Maybe, the slow keep ball passing style around the defense/midfield areas is not conducive to a noisier atmosphere.

The supporters do have a huge part to play, over the years many managers/players have mentioned the atmosphere and the effect it can have on the games.

It's easier to create an atmosphere when winning, but it's when Stags are struggling they really need the fans support.

Following Liverpool's recent 0-0 v Man Utd, and lacking atmosphere, Jurgen Klopp said any Liverpool fans not in the right shape for the next home game should give someone else their ticket!
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby Paulstag » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:38 pm

Not P block 2nd row. That woman is disgusting.
Paulstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:43 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Patey Stags were quiet yesterday tbf.

"Patey Stags" needs to go on a flag
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:45 pm

Try the banqueting suit also the sevice aint bad
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:01 pm

I thought the atmosphere was a lot better yesterday more singing especially second half .
Quarry Lane is a positive stand starting chants yesterday too
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:32 pm

I sit in E block, so according to most of the sycophants on here , I'm either a moron , brain dead, loudmouth or a combination of all three. I know nothing about football or Mansfield Town, having followed and attended for 52 years, home and away, so Id say if the rest of e block is like me, I'd say according to Stagsnet we give least support.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:34 pm

Amberheart wrote:I thought the atmosphere was a lot better yesterday more singing especially second half .
Quarry Lane is a positive stand starting chants yesterday too
Yes, they did. Also applauded players off at the end of each half.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Suttonian » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:41 pm

KirkbyStag2 wrote:I think whilst the attendances have increased over the last few years, the atmosphere has declined, generally quieter.

Maybe, the slow keep ball passing style around the defense/midfield areas is not conducive to a noisier atmosphere.

The supporters do have a huge part to play, over the years many managers/players have mentioned the atmosphere and the effect it can have on the games.

It's easier to create an atmosphere when winning, but it's when Stags are struggling they really need the fans support.

Following Liverpool's recent 0-0 v Man Utd, and lacking atmosphere, Jurgen Klopp said any Liverpool fans not in the right shape for the next home game should give someone else their ticket!

Maybe it seems quieter as the crowd numbers have gone up because a lot of the newer fans (or in a lot of cases fans returning after years away) aren't inclined to join in with chants & songs.

In response the OP, most encouraging & tolerant blocks IMO are Q and R.
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby mhs » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:58 pm

It’s always the thrill of the chase.
Field Mill is loudest when we show a glimmer of hope.
Stick us in the top 3 and we don’t know what to do with it!
mhs
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:18 pm

Suttonian wrote:
KirkbyStag2 wrote:I think whilst the attendances have increased over the last few years, the atmosphere has declined, generally quieter.

Maybe it seems quieter as the crowd numbers have gone up because a lot of the newer fans (or in a lot of cases fans returning after years away) aren't inclined to join in with chants & songs.

In response the OP, most encouraging & tolerant blocks IMO are Q and R.

I think there's now larger parts of the home games where there is zero atmosphere, hence away fans singing "football in a library"

Stags fans are capable of producing a brilliant atmosphere at Field Mill, just appears to be not as often and for shorter periods.

The Stags fans at away games still create a brilliant atmosphere, never stopped singing at Stockport.
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:14 pm

Maybe it's because anybody that tries to make an atmosphere in our ground, is called a drunken moron or brain dead.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Ad » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:21 pm

I've not been a season ticket holder for a couple of years now due to work commitments at the weekend and now get to as many games as I can with my lad, his first proper season at age 8. We have moved about a lot this season but he prefers IGL block G, his reason are below the lad with the drum so we can hear and get involved in most of the singing, close to the pitch and near to the away fans to wave at them when we score and when they leave early!

We sat in QLE yesterday and it was a bit quieter but the vast majority really get behind the team.

I have to say though that the best atmospheres have been at the away games we've been to. COYS!
Amber Ad
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum