{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Is It Time To Consider Moving Away From Field Mill?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Is It Time To Consider Moving Away From Field Mill?

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:16 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:We don't want to move away, we just want the place to work properly.

The wish list:

4 sided stadium
A pitch that drains, doesn't freeze, and doesn't chop up.
Adequate Toilets
Bars with faster service
Better food

Anything missed?

Can we have a bouncy castle?
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:21 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:We don't want to move away, we just want the place to work properly.

The wish list:

4 sided stadium
Adequate Toilets
Bars with faster service
Better food

Anything missed?

Can we have a bouncy castle?

Decent club shop with stuff you want to buy
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Nottsstag88 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:29 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Nottsstag88 wrote:Has anybody thought at looking at the grounds team? I know people will moan but not passing a home inspection in 15 years is a bit embarrassing. Often games getting cancelled which is a pain for fans and will be a nightmare when we are playing 2/3 games a week at the end of the season.

Is that a definite fact ?
If so, then I suppose there are 2 ways of looking at it.
The negative one is to say the grounds team are poor as we never pass an inspection.
Or maybe the grounds team are so good that our pitch doesn't need inspecting when others are border line, and is only ever inspected when the conditions are so dire that nobody could have got the game on.

PS Welcome to the forum. Nice of you to join and then have a dig at the groundsman on 2 separate threads !!

Yes, no pitch inspection has been passed at the mill in 15 years.

Thanks for the welcome, glad we share the same views
Nottsstag88
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:39 pm

Nottsstag88 wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
Nottsstag88 wrote:Has anybody thought at looking at the grounds team? I know people will moan but not passing a home inspection in 15 years is a bit embarrassing. Often games getting cancelled which is a pain for fans and will be a nightmare when we are playing 2/3 games a week at the end of the season.

The negative one is to say the grounds team are poor as we never pass an inspection.
Or maybe the grounds team are so good that our pitch doesn't need inspecting when others are border line, and is only ever inspected when the conditions are so dire that nobody could have got the game on.

PS Welcome to the forum. Nice of you to join and then have a dig at the groundsman on 2 separate threads !!

welcome to Stagsnet, Nottsstag88

Please expect to have your stats checked if you come on waving them around.

They are nonsense.

I only checked 2013 and found two straight away in March 2013.
https://stagsnet.net/news/newsdetails.php?newsid=6944
https://stagsnet.net/news/newsdetails.php?newsid=6969
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby iansmith » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:12 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:

The wish list:

4 sided stadium
Adequate Toilets
Bars with faster service
Better food

Anything missed?

I realiise that our toilet facilities are limited, but how many toilets do people think a football ground should have. There are regulations around toilet numbers in public venues, so ours must meet the minimum requirements or the stadium wouldn't be allowed to open. The problem is that those regulations are for all venues, and most places don't have the majority of customers wanting to use the facilities in a 15 minute window. We have to queue to use toilets at most away grounds during the half time break, so why do people feel it's worse at home games ?

And there lies the problem Dave. Meeting minimum standards is probably fine when the ground is only half full but the recent sellouts are really exposing the limitations of the stadium. The toilets in the IGU have always been and remain a disgrace. After more than 40 years nothing will stop me supporting the club, even if I do think MTFC are now playing catch up in terms of the match day experience. In terms of the future, my heart says resolve the shortcomings at Field Mill (One Call) although using my head, I have to say it would probably be best to move. As always, it will come down to the finances and the ambition.
iansmith
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:23 pm

We can want all that we want and as supporters that's absolutely our perogative but careful what we all wish for as its John Radford, not any of us, who will be the one to have to fund or finance it.

We are and have been a League 2 club for some time now. Just because we aspire to more doesn't give us absolute rights.

I would just like there to be some sort or inter action between the club and the supporters, be it an elected few, the SSA or whoever to address things and give us the sense that things are being listened to and can improve. Not to demand or expect things overnight but give a perception of reality and what is achievable, to take easy wins and to feel that the club doesn't just pay lip service in the "Welcome to MTFC" script to how wonderful the fans are that's rolled out for every new signing.

At the moment it feels that, over a number of issues, we are two separate bodies not one club.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Nottsstag88 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:01 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Nottsstag88 wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

They are nonsense.

You’ve just made them up and put them online
Nottsstag88
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tomwh » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:07 pm

Nottsstag88 wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Nottsstag88 wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

They are nonsense.

You’ve just made them up and put them online

:lol: By any chance do you think that the Earth is flat?
Tomwh
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Nottsstag88 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:26 pm

Prove it’s not flat..
Nottsstag88
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby victor A block » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:52 pm

I would much prefer the stadium to stay IN the town.
Its probably becoming not feasible though given all the issues.
Whilst I don't want to praise the sheep I wonder how much their income and attendance has gone up since leaving Saltershite.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum