{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Game's off

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Game's off

Postby Bradders » Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:03 pm

The Hoffmeister wrote:
Bradders wrote:We don't have the advantage of actually walking on the pitch at 2pm to check, but the weather is warm, dry, breezy and sunny after a drizzly morning. So the club shouldn't be surprised if eyebrows are raised about the postponement. In years gone by, it would have had to be raining at kickoff time for a match to be called off. Or at least a morning of extreme rain.
After all the investment in the pitch drainage JR will be extremely disappointed when he learns how fine the Mansfield weather is.

You copy and pasting on every thread with your boring Bill Foggitt pine cone forecasts

Spot on!

Apart from the copy and paste bit.

And the "every thread" part (only on those to do with the postponement).

And the forecasts bit (I only mentioned the Met Office forecast, which was accurate).

Take those out and, top post.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:14 pm

Tre Cool wrote:Lovely sunny afternoon for some football.

Way too early again.

It's only a few years ago we went years without a postponement. Since the new pitch we're one of the first to call it.

We've had our pants down with the new relayed pitch.

And what about now ? At the time the match would have been underway.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:16 pm

Exactly! Horrendous weather and flooding everywhere in the surrounding areas.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:40 pm

Bradders wrote:We don't have the advantage of actually walking on the pitch at 2pm to check, but the weather is warm, dry, breezy and sunny after a drizzly morning. So the club shouldn't be surprised if eyebrows are raised about the postponement. In years gone by, it would have had to be raining at kickoff time for a match to be called off. Or at least a morning of extreme rain.
After all the investment in the pitch drainage JR will be extremely disappointed when he learns how fine the Mansfield weather is.

I had to drive to Bawtry this morning and the rain was atrocious. I have never seen so much deep surface water on the roads. If that was drizzle god help us if it rains heavy.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:22 pm

Hon Sec wrote:

I had to drive to Bawtry this morning and the rain was atrocious. I have never seen so much deep surface water on the roads. If that was drizzle god help us if it rains heavy.

I'm afraid it was a great deal more than drizzle and started again at around KO time.

God decision with all the very top clubs dropping points.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:05 pm

Must be a dry kind of rain in Chesterfield. We should ask to borrow their groundsman
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:06 pm

Only joking Mez fan club
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:10 pm

Seriously every time it rains. Will it be on? Whatever contractor works on it in the summer they want offing
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum