{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

MK scorefred sponsored by MATCH POSTPONED

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: MK scorefred sponsored by MATCH POSTPONED

Postby Costastag » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:45 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Costastag wrote:
Sneag wrote:Anyone loooked out the window in the last 10 minutes? :lol:

Nope im outside in 23 degrees irrelevant i know ,but i feel better just letting you know :lol:
Yeh, and I bet the maintenance of pitches over where you are so much better that you don't get postponements due to a bit of rain. :? :D

Whats rain :lol: not had rain since april :coys:
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:05 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:The likes of Clipstone and Shirebrook has nothing to do with Field Mill.

We are aware that there are different types of properties of ground in one place to another, aren't we?

Your back garden might be sandstone, whereas your mates might be clay. We do understand this don't we???

I mean, it’s still laughable/ludicrous that Clipstone played at home when we were off for the FGR game and today are playing when we’re off again.

I give up.

I was quite enjoying Geomorphology 101.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby robbingdog » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:17 pm

Anyway after all this tit for tat about grass and waterlogging, the results
went our way so let’s be positive and talk about a bit of footy
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:41 pm

robbingdog wrote:Anyway after all this tit for tat about grass and waterlogging, the results
went our way so let’s be positive and talk about a bit of footy
Yes an amazing set of results. We now need to win the games in hand. :coys:
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:57 pm

Hon Sec wrote:I had to drive to Bawtry this morning at about 10am and the conditions on the roads was atrocious. I can’t think I have ever seen so much deep surface water on the roads. On my return back I said I can’t see the game being on. And it was still raining heavy. So the person earlier up on this post saying it was no more than drizzle was obviously not out in it.

I was out in the weather at 10.30-11 in Mansfield and can assure you that it was drizzle, no more, as forecast by the experts. By 12 even that had petered out and there were just a couple of showers later.

But no doubt the pitch was waterlogged.

The whole point of the debate is not whether the pitch was actually playable, but with average conditions for the time of year and the much-vaunted super drainage system, why it wasn't playable. Do Notts and Chesterfield have a special arrangement that it doesn't rain on their pitches? Does Mansfield have its own rain cloud permanently moored?

Perhaps there's a layer of clay under the ground, I don't know. But if the club paid a lot for extra security against having a waterlogged pitch, surely they would expect better than this, clay or not? We used to be proud of having the best-drained pitch outside the Premier League level and almost no postponements whatever the weather. Did this layer of clay only get placed last summer?
This season we always seem to be the first to call a match off.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:17 pm

Where does the water from the pitch actually drain into once it has left the ground? Is it the Dam on quarry lane ,the river Maun or Sewer drainage system?
Could there be blockage further down the system outside the ground that isn’t allowing water to drain properly from the pitch ?
Certain areas of the town are prone to flooding with heavy rain like Both sides of Sutton Rd opposite King Mill Hospital and Bath Lane / St Peter’s Way junction.
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:30 am

Anyway we will have had over two weeks without a competitive game by the time we rock up to Creepy, will we have lost some match sharpness by then?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:21 am

Spiritater wrote:Anyway we will have had over two weeks without a competitive game by the time we rock up to Creepy, will we have lost some match sharpness by then?

Or could look at it as we have had a mid winter break, depends on players mindset
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:28 am

Spiritater wrote:Anyway we will have had over two weeks without a competitive game by the time we rock up to Creepy, will we have lost some match sharpness by then?
It won't be long before we find out.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Colchester Stag » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:40 am

1966Stag wrote:Only 2 possible reasons why this game (and previous waterlogged home games) is off - either the club are not prepared to spend the money needed to lay a decent pitch or the people laying the pitch in the close season are not up to the job.

Just hope that the state of the pitch does not cost us our best chance of promotion in years.

Oh please.
Colchester Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Colchester Stag » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:42 am

part time pete wrote:
Apparently the sprinkler pipes under the pitch are not perfect and leaks are very likely.

If they leak they haven't been installed correctly, have they?
Colchester Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Colchester Stag » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:43 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Slackythestag wrote:The club knew at 8am this morning it was off, certain people knew but kept quiet :roll: :lol:

I didn't. Would have been handy to stop me setting off...

They lied to you!!
Colchester Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby victor A block » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:20 pm

MOTG wrote:Where does the water from the pitch actually drain into once it has left the ground? Is it the Dam on quarry lane ,the river Maun or Sewer drainage system?
Could there be blockage further down the system outside the ground that isn’t allowing water to drain properly from the pitch ?
Certain areas of the town are prone to flooding with heavy rain like Both sides of Sutton Rd opposite King Mill Hospital and Bath Lane / St Peter’s Way junction.

As I recall the club showed a photograph a few years back of a new drainage pipe taking away the excess on the Bishop Street side somewhere between the old stand and QLE ( near the gym) . Its quite a steep decline from there down towards the dam.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:52 pm

Colchester Stag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Slackythestag wrote:The club knew at 8am this morning it was off, certain people knew but kept quiet :roll: :lol:

I didn't. Would have been handy to stop me setting off...

They lied to you!!

They didn't. It wasn't off at 8am
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:06 pm

Officially.......
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby vicar_jeremiah » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:50 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Officially.......

It was officially called off at 9 24 am so nobody knew for sure until then,,,
vicar_jeremiah
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby iansmith » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:31 pm

chimneyboy wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:Officially.......

It was officially called off at 9 24 am so nobody knew for sure until then,,,

I should have taken more notice of your post at 4.30 on Friday afternoon stating there was a pitch inspection on sat morning,( rather than dismissing it as a wind up!). So in the absence of any info from the club, I was halfway down the M1 by 9.30. Like many others I don’t live round the corner and have a 200 mile+ round trip. So had the club confirmed your fri post I would obviously have delayed setting off. Shocking communication by mtfc. But a belated thanks for trying to warn me.
iansmith
Youth Team
Youth Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum